Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MP...worth to use below 150% mastery...

...or not??? Asking because with my 120% mastery (with food buff) when sim with amr got around 3k dps boost, but also reading on icy veins, that MP is only worth from 150% mastery and above...

thx in advance!!!...

Deleted
    Icy veins is utter garbage.

You're welcome.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-01-11 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    After testing MP with 102% Mastery, it's very much not worth it. Like 50k dps not worth it. EP/Vigor for me works best with an AP build

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLDAROX View Post
    After testing MP with 102% Mastery, it's very much not worth it. Like 50k dps not worth it. EP/Vigor for me works best with an AP build
    I found out the same, but I am not sure about one thing. Are we supposed to use finishers with 3+ or 4+ combo points?

Deleted
    with 40% crit and 102 % mastery i still get a 15k dps increase with MP over EP

Deleted
    u need still a very high amount of mastery to be on par with EP as long as you dont have the 4p setbonus.

After some testing in real rading simcraft seems not very accurate again.

Deleted
    Technically, it should be better to use MP. I might not execute the rotation as well as the EP one. Gonna test it out more

Deleted
    Technically, it should be better to use MP. I might not execute the rotation as well as the EP one. Gonna test it out more
    imo its technically nonsense pre 4p set

Why would the 4p improve MP?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Why would the 4p improve MP?
    wondering the same

I found the opposite. MP handily beat out EP for me even with 80% Mastery. (Boots, bracers, Vigor, AP). Will have to re-sim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crd38 View Post
    wondering the same
    I believe Envenom counts as Poison damage. This is why it's buffed by Surge of Toxins and Zoldyck bracers. With our 4pc, Envenom will be doing quite a bit more damage, increasing the value of MP.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    I found the opposite. MP handily beat out EP for me even with 80% Mastery. (Boots, bracers, Vigor, AP). Will have to re-sim.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe Envenom counts as Poison damage. This is why it's buffed by Surge of Toxins and Zoldyck bracers. With our 4pc, Envenom will be doing quite a bit more damage, increasing the value of MP.
    I am finding something similar to your...finding about MP/Vigor, I am running at 135% Mastery ...30% Crit , with the Mastery Food buff and Insignia of Ravenholdt, I am getting MUCH better results with MP , using a 4 + Envenom clipping at 1 sec OR less, keep Rup and Gar up rotation.
    Rotation is NOT perfect and is tough for me to juggle having it all UP all the time.
    More testing will be needed so...this is one rogues opinion on the matter from ONE night of H Raids....worth almost nothing.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2017-01-11 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    I am finding something similar to your...finding about MP/Vigor, I am running at 135% Mastery ...30% Crit , with the Mastery Food buff and Insignia of Ravenholdt, I am getting MUCH better results with MP , using a 4 + Envenom clipping at 1 sec OR less, keep Rup and Gar up rotation.
    Rotation is NOT perfect and is tough for me to juggle having it all UP all the time.
    More testing will be needed so...this is one rogues opinion on the matter from ONE night of H Raids....worth almost nothing.
    For what it's worth, logs show the same thing: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...=Assassination

Very few people getting good results with EP, it seems.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    Envenom is not affected by Surge of Toxins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recuiem View Post
    What is ? Bag of tricks? KB? From the Shadows?

Apart from the 5% to the AP effect while SoT is up, which is pretty good ofc but has nothing to do with MP/EP, there's not much to buff with SoT :/

Quote Originally Posted by Recuiem View Post
    I am pretty sure it works... Can someone confirm this?

I like the flavor of Master Poisoner and I barely see any difference in damage so I'm sticking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I like the flavor of Master Poisoner and I barely see any difference in damage so I'm sticking with it.
    You're not supposed to lick your blades after poisoning.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You're not supposed to lick your blades after poisoning.
    HA! I've spent the last several years building an immunity to my poisons!

Personally I believe that MP is quite viable in raiding or M+. We had a pug in mythic EN last night and he was running EP and me with MP, very similar Ilvl and gear but I was nearly 100k ahead of him. He swapped to MP for the pulls on Xavius and he gained 90% of the ground between us. I'mpretty sure MP also affects kings and now, look at my logs.