Thread: +35 sucks!

Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

+35 sucks!

The +35 grind killed most of the 'fun' I used to have from this game .. A s a casual player I used to play many hours a week across multiple toons .. That's all gone now .. Simply knowing my character is inferior as well as I need to grind until my eyes bleed simply SUCKS!

I loved the fact raiding meant better gear .. I loved the fact that higher PvP rating meant better gear .. That is all the work I think should be required to max power your character .. Adding AK grind was bad for the game .. ON TOP OF THAT SHIT they add +35 more points for 14.5% more stats or damage was it?!

I bet play time has dropped for many players, and if they keep this Asian grind fest pretty sure subs gonna follow and fall ...

Man it feels like NCSoft has taken over Acti-Blizz!

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

Man, it's impossible to please people.

You're grinding for that stuff? You really don't need to but okay. Continue to tell yourself you need to do things only a couple hundred people with a real shot at world first actually do. I'll continue clearing all the content on time without killing myself or ever going out of my way to grind AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    The +35 grind is LONG TERM and basically their new Legion version of the old "nerf content" or the not quite so old "nerf content indirectly by giving people item upgades".

Just play the game. At AK25, AP should accumulate naturally over the next few months.

Remember when players were whining about how there was nothing to grind for? Now there is and people are still throwing a temper tantrum. Can't please anyone these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Can't please anyone these days.
    It's a mathematical impossibility to please a diverse playerbase with one game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    The +35 grind killed most of the 'fun' I used to have from this game .. A s a casual player I used to play many hours a week across multiple toons .. That's all gone now .. Simply knowing my character is inferior as well as I need to grind until my eyes bleed simply SUCKS!

I loved the fact raiding meant better gear .. I loved the fact that higher PvP rating meant better gear .. That is all the work I think should be required to max power your character .. Adding AK grind was bad for the game .. ON TOP OF THAT SHIT they add +35 more points for 14.5% more stats or damage was it?!

I bet play time has dropped for many players, and if they keep this Asian grind fest pretty sure subs gonna follow and fall ...

So exercise some self-control and don't bother. Get AP as it comes by playing and don't worry about it. Not one is FORCING you to do anything so don't even try that one. Grow up, act like an adult and take charge of how you play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

Man, it's impossible to please people.
    That's a reductionist argument. The problem with WoD was there was nothing fun to do. The OP has that same problem today, because he doesn't enjoy grinding out AP. And that's valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That's a reductionist argument. The problem with WoD was there was nothing fun to do. The OP has that same problem today, because he doesn't enjoy grinding out AP. And that's valid.
    And just because one person does not find it fun doesn't mean everyone else does.

If you play casually, why are you so concerned about being inferior to someone else?

you know that you literally have time until ~september to get this traits, right? or whenever 7.2 releases.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If you are so casual, what do you need +35 for?

I pretty much stopped around 30 traits on my Priest and move on. Hell, on my Prot Pally I stopped at 25 or so because he was already invincible for the content I do.

Oh yeah..and great you had to bring in another 100% certified reasons why "subs will fall" (read: The game will be dead "soon TM")
    Also this? The fuck do you need 35+ for? As a casual you should be fine doing it at your own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So exercise some self-control and don't bother. Get AP as it comes by playing and don't worry about it. Not one is FORCING you to do anything so don't even try that one. Grow up, act like an adult and take charge of how you play the game.
    Ah, don't be a fool. If he wants to play the game the way he wants to, he needs to farm it or he'll be called a slacker and replaced by somebody who will have the will to farm AP to stay on top.

I used to feel that way, but then I realized I was casual, so what does it matter? I'm in a heroic guild and we go at our own pace, so I don't feel compelled to grind AP; I can let it accumulate naturally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Ah, don't be a fool. If he wants to play the game the way he wants to, he needs to farm it or he'll be called a slacker and replaced by somebody who will have the will to farm AP to stay on top.
    Oh bullshit. Still his choice to play with those people, etc. VERY few guilds are going to boot you for not having 54. And if he insists on playing with those people it's HIS CHOICE.

Man up. Decide what's important. Quit bitching and whining and take charge of your life and responsibility for your decisions.

PS: bolded the key parts. The way HE WANTS TO.... choices come with consequences. Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And just because one person does not find it fun doesn't mean everyone else does.
    Sure. Never said otherwise.

If you limit yourself to getting AP as it comes, then it becomes an useless mechanic, doesn't it? I mean, if you don't bother, why have it? So, is it there for you to do something or for you to ignore? People here don't even know what they want.... they call it content but then they say "i'll just use whatever AP comes my way naturally". That's not content. That's pointless if you don't actually play it. If that's the point of the extra +35 levels, Blizz sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh bullshit. Still his choice to play with those people, etc. VERY few guilds are going to boot you for not having 54. And if he insists on playing with those people it's HIS CHOICE.

Man up. Decide what's important. Quit bitching and whining and take charge of your life and responsibility for your decisions.

PS: bolded the key parts. The way HE WANTS TO.... choices come with consequences. Deal.
    Yeah, and the choice he made is forcing him to play this way, so shut the fuck up about "not being forced to". Forced by choice, yes, still forced nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    WoD wasn't just lacking "fun", it was literally lacking. There was a huge dearth of content. Less raids and dungeons, and no dungeons worth running after 625 or so item level. The garrison kept people segregated and professions were so piss-easy it wasn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

Oh no! another whine thread! Unsub, bye, good riddance. Post it on facebook, where this type of shit has a place.