Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I had no research going and 2 scrolls were completed in the que. tripped me out for a bit, was about to open a ticket when i decided to go to my class hall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Official answer from my ticket:
    The thing is I bought another one 15Ak to another alt to test if I didnt do something wrong BAM and there it did work and he is 15 now but not my main alt, buggy system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    The thing is I bought another one 15Ak to another alt to test if I didnt do something wrong BAM and there it did work and he is 15 now but not my main alt, buggy system.
    Did that second alt have any work orders running for AK? If not, it worked as intended and you gained to the full 15 since you didn't have anything else in the queue. It's a bit ridiculous that it takes orders that are not even close to being finished and counts them as part of the gain. The compendium says "Use: Will allow you to reach Artifact Knowledge Level 20 when used in conjunction with all unused Artifact Research documents." I guess the definition of "unused" is actually "unused or under research" and not just " : not used: as a : fresh, new <set an unused canvas on the easel> b : not put to use : idle <unused land> c : not consumed : accrued <unused sick leave> " - per Merriam-Webster dictionary.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did that second alt have any work orders running for AK? If not, it worked as intended and you gained to the full 15 since you didn't have anything else in the queue. It's a bit ridiculous that it takes orders that are not even close to being finished and counts them as part of the gain. The compendium says "Use: Will allow you to reach Artifact Knowledge Level 20 when used in conjunction with all unused Artifact Research documents." I guess the definition of "unused" is actually "unused or under research" and not just " : not used: as a : fresh, new <set an unused canvas on the easel> b : not put to use : idle <unused land> c : not consumed : accrued <unused sick leave> " - per Merriam-Webster dictionary.
    Yes he had work orders running which were instantly finished after i used the compendium.

10+ Year Old Account
    This system seems overly confusing.

if my main is AK level 19, and i buy the scroll thing on him, and send it to a AK lvl 0 alt, what what AK level will the alt go to?
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Yes he had work orders running which were instantly finished after i used the compendium.
    Per the email I got, that shouldn't have happened and you should've been at 13. Per the Blue postings, worked as intended. No idea who to believe anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    This system seems overly confusing.

if my main is AK level 19, and i buy the scroll thing on him, and send it to a AK lvl 0 alt, what what AK level will the alt go to?
    AK 10. The compendiums are based on the main's AK level - 10,15,20,25 are the four breakpoints. Each one awards a book for 5 levels below that. But, you can then buy the knowledge scrolls on that alt and get him/her up to level 15. I think they're 500 resources per though as opposed to the 1000 for the compendium.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Per the email I got, that shouldn't have happened and you should've been at 13. Per the Blue postings, worked as intended. No idea who to believe anymore.
    Did send it my 3rd alt which had 2 in progress, used the compendium gone to 13 and the in progress were instantly finished too like on my 2nd alt but not on my 1st which is bugging out.

Basically it's simple: The system provides books for AK 5, 10, 15, or 20. The book is designed so that you can't "game the system", meaning whatever smart way you thought you figured out to instantly gain more level than the compendium would provide, it doesn't work. If uses up all research notes and it finishes all research orders so that, no matter what you do, in the end you will always be at the AK level indicated in the compendium you bought with no notes in the queue of your research. Meaning, the moment you use the book, you have to get your research notes and you need to queue up new notes in order to get higher.

That's basically all you need to know, there is no way to get farther ahead than by buying the highest possible compendium, using it and then starting the research on the next levels.

Now, for some people all this was simply bugged and they get a AK that's lower than what the compendium should have achieved. In this case, contacting a GM usually helps.

Unfortunately, the hotfix not only wasn't retroactive, but using a second compendium doesn't work either as it'll say you already know the max level of ranks available. GMs aren't able to help either since they apparently don't have the power to complete or speed up research orders. So, basically, if you were bugged you're SOL.

I'm hoping the regular catch-up mechanic will even this out over the time it takes between ranks 18 and 25. It's frustrating enough to not get what was advertised with the compendium without now being a week's worth of research behind those who didn't have any issues with it. Blizzard never should have counted queued orders. I don't know who would care if someone got AK21 a day later.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The I-III book implied that it should have gone up to 15, not 17. I'm ok with it, i guess. I'll be unsubbed shortly anyways.
    It's good that you're okay with it. I'm having tacos for lunch.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WTF is with the title of this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    It's good that you're okay with it. I'm having tacos for lunch.
    I prefer burritos, personally.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Go pick up the 2 work orders. Reading a compendium immediately finishes any work orders you have going. It puts you at 20-(number of work orders)-(number of pages in bags) AK.
    I just confirmed this with a friend of mine who bought compendiums for 2 alts that had work orders going. For the first one she was confused because they only went up to 18, but then she checked her AK work orders and they were both completed, so instant 20.

One of my guildies thought they had it bug out, but it turned out they just didn't check their work orders.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    I'm having tacos for lunch.
    That sounds fabulous. I'm thinking some boneless wings, fries 6-7 beers and 4-5 shots. Depends on which chicks show up. Anticipating none, so full on loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================