Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legendary Upgrades After the Nighthold Opens

Legendary Upgrades After the Nighthold Opens
    Blizzard explained that upgrading your existing legendary items will be done via a quest and is not connected to the Illidan quest line.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Since the release of Patch 7.1.5, we've received a number of questions relating to the Nighthold Legendary item upgrades and how that process will work. We'd like to provide some clarity on what you can expect next week.

When the Nighthold opens next week, players who have acquired at least one Legion Legendary item will find a quest in Dalaran to upgrade a Legendary from item level 910 to 940. This quest involves collecting a number of Essences of Aman’thul, which can be found in the following locations:

• Nighthold Raid Bosses
    • Weekly Mythic Keystone Cache
    • Emissary Bags
    • PvP Weekly Quests

Once you have completed the quest, you'll be given a Distilled Titan Essence, which can be consumed to upgrade a Legion Legendary item to level 940. The quest is repeatable, so you'll be able to earn as many Distilled Titan Essences as you need to upgrade any Legendaries you have.

Additionally, once the Nighthold is open, any new Legendaries you discover will already be item level 940. Note that this does not apply retroactively to Emissary Bags that you may already have in your inventory when the time comes. Only new bags earned after the Nighthold is open have the chance to reward an item level 940 Legendary.
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-01-11 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for Nighthold!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's a relief. I'm still not very progressed on that Illidan dungeon quest.

The "rumor" got started because it was like that on the PTR. More than likely they're trying to act outraged after they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well, that's a relief. I'm still not very progressed on that Illidan dungeon quest.
    I'm at like, 22. So yeah, I fell far behind.

Would have been insane if they expected people to do it on all their alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...570804#post-10

Also confirmed it can be done on LFR.
    Cool. Might get it done at least for getting my 940s.

Deleted
    Good that they mentioned the changes to mythic Helya.... not.

#1 patch notes

Wohoo only 50 essences per legendary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Wohoo only 50 essences per legendary
    50 ok but are we blocked by a heading per week ???

it's really joke... u loot legendary one day before, and no it s not 940..

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've been storing caches to open next week, don't trust what they're saying about the 910 vs 940 legendaries. Loot is generated upon opening the emissary caches, not receiving them. This is proven by the fact that if you held onto them until this week, all the loot tables changed to include the new legendaries, enchanting recipes, and higher curious coin droprate. Unless they add an emissary cache with a different item ID that will be the one you recieve post-NH opening, there's no way for them to differentiate between a cache recieved a month ago and a cache recieved next week.
    (Hint: the patch didn't contain any new emissary caches with different item IDs. They don't exist)

Edit: There's a chance they might do a micro patch that literally just adds new versions of the caches and they push that patch live during the weekly maintenance on the 17th, which would make my post inaccurate, but as of yet it hasn't happened so it's still worth saving your caches for an extra week. Also since the essences for the legendary upgrade drop from the caches you'll be able to get them next week too, giving you a head start on the quest.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2017-01-11 at 08:53 PM.

But why? The 895's got bumped to 910 in a hotfix. New post-NH legendaries get bumped to 940 for free.

Why are there inconsistencies like this o_O Either make them all require quest items, or make them all just hotfixed each new patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so some casual who's just getting his first legendary will automatically get ilvl 940s while I have to complete that quest six times for each of my legendaries?

This is totally unfair, way to look after your most loyal players, Blizz.

This is really stupid. They should automatically upgrade or new ones still be 910

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Wait, so some casual who's just getting his first legendary will automatically get ilvl 940s while I have to complete that quest six times for each of my legendaries?

It is supposedly not a grind. We will have to wait and see. I 100% understand your POV on this though.

So I guess it's best to not to the emissary this sunday/monday so the save up two extra caches to complete after Nighthold releases then.

Nice so we should just start over and get all our legendariers again

Oh it will be a grind that is how blizzard do things , fuck over the steady players whom been playing but lets keep the new people an have them not put in the semi work load current players do. Well done blizzard entertainment thank u for throwing us players under the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post

That's like being mad you bought a DVD player when they first came out 20 years ago for $1200 and now complain people can pick it up for $50.
    You had your Legendary for a long time already, and you're pissed about somebody getting a 940 when they finally receive one? >_>
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    This sounds pretty fun to me.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!