Thread: +35 sucks!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

Man, it's impossible to please people.
    Throw someone in icy waters, hear him shout "help it's horribly cold !".
    Then throw him up into fire, hear him shout "help it burns !".
    End up concluding that the problem lies in people never being happy.

Yeah, that really must be the actual problem, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    OP plays casually. As long as you farming now and then casual guilds won't give a fuck as long as your Artifact is decent and you do alright. So again you are not forced. Especially in a casual environment. I'd say 2 gold traits is enough for Nighthold Normal personally. Hell 1 even. I have alts in a casual environment and they only have 1 gold trait and I do alright with them. I don't feel forced into farming AP at all.
    Casual =/= shit. I don't know where did you get that from. Not every casual guild struggles with normal or heroic, lol. Casual means you put less hours in the game, not being shit at it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Welcome to the inception of MMOs? Or really in game that records progress...

I mean... really?
    It just used to be the carrot actually felt obtainable at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Casual =/= shit. I don't know where did you get that from. Not every casual guild struggles with normal or heroic, lol. Casual means you put less hours in the game, not being shit at it, lol.
    I never said that whatsoever. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said a casual player should have no problem not forcing themselves. Not that you were ever forced in the first place. I mean Blizzard GMs/devs didn't come into my house and point a gun at my head and say "grind AP or die"
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-11 at 06:46 PM.

Nobody forces you to grind AP for 35+

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Nobody forces you to grind AP for 35+
    Pretty much this.

35 is easy to get to with AK 25, I have 5 weapons across two toons now at 35 +

Just play the game run dungeons do your cache and daily and it happens in time.

If you don't want to do that find a new game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    You will ALWAYS be behind players who dedicate more time to playing the game. Grow up and accept that fact, don't just pout about it.
    L2R kid, those who put in the time to raid SHOULD have better gear NOT dumb grind ..

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    L2R kid, those who put in the time to raid SHOULD have better gear NOT dumb grind ..
    but they already have the best gear in the game. +5% damage on the weapon is very minor benefit and it is made for continious character power progress
    Last edited by lukoil; 2017-01-11 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    It just used to be the carrot actually felt obtainable at some point.
    Define obtainable. I'm doing just fine in the game at rank 48 with minimal grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    In this expansion they've added enough content (m+, 3 raids released as of next week), that the lack of content complaints have mostly subsided.
    Though to be honest, they haven't really added lots of content, they just made it more repeatable and increased even further the insane ilvl inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    but they already have the best gear in the game. +5% damage on the weapon is very minor benefit and it is made for continious character power progress
    It's not minor, because it's a multiplicative bonus.

Lets say you're a casual doing 100k DPS. 5% means you get 5k DPS from the AP.

Now you're a mythic raider doing 300k. 5% gets you 15k. It's worth three times as much. Multiplicative bonuses are very powerful, particularly flat damage ones that don't have diminishing returns like crit does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    The +35 grind killed most of the 'fun' I used to have from this game .. A s a casual player I used to play many hours a week across multiple toons .. That's all gone now .. Simply knowing my character is inferior as well as I need to grind until my eyes bleed simply SUCKS!

I loved the fact raiding meant better gear .. I loved the fact that higher PvP rating meant better gear .. That is all the work I think should be required to max power your character .. Adding AK grind was bad for the game .. ON TOP OF THAT SHIT they add +35 more points for 14.5% more stats or damage was it?!

I bet play time has dropped for many players, and if they keep this Asian grind fest pretty sure subs gonna follow and fall ...

Man it feels like NCSoft has taken over Acti-Blizz!
    What grind are you on about? By just playing normally, with less than 50 m+, I'm at 41. Granted I've been playing since late September. Have you just started Legion?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't notice it - getting that AP is not the point of my playing, it's just a side-effect. I'm after fun stuff to do and chances at gear upgrades (and enchanting mats), the fact that pursuing all that gets me AP is icing. Hell, I think of the 20/20 level as something to shoot for reaching for the end of the expansion, not even patch 7.2 stuff. I'm pretty sure the extra traits being added in 7.2 aren't even going to use artifact power, they'll use some separate resource like 'Titan Power' or something. You don't need to grind out the 35+ stuff, just do things you think are fun and if it's not fun, don't do it. It's barely a few % points, there's no reason to kill yourself over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's not minor, because it's a multiplicative bonus.

Lets say you're a casual doing 100k DPS. 5% means you get 5k DPS from the AP.

Now you're a mythic raider doing 300k. 5% gets you 15k. It's worth three times as much. Multiplicative bonuses are very powerful, particularly flat damage ones that don't have diminishing returns like crit does.
    I mean it difference between raider and non-raider
    Of course raider who grind will be better geared then raider who don't play the game (only raiding)
    Last edited by lukoil; 2017-01-11 at 07:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

Man, it's impossible to please people.
    You assume that it's the same people complaining. Perhaps it isn't.

Blizz has just gone freaking deranged with the grinds and RNG in Legion.

It seems to me that they just don't give a sht anymore.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

7+ Year Old Account
    This is part of the problem with people. I was guilty of this too. You feel like you HAVE to do everything in order to properly play the game. Well i started to implement a new playing policy for myself so that i don't feel like i HAVE to get on and grind everyday...I no longer do anything daily if i don't feel like it. I made it to the 5%. Sure another 10% would be great... but i'd really rather enjoy my time playing the game when i get on then try to compete to complete everything. I'm still competitive in DPS as a frost DK. Do i lose to the Shadow priest who has already completed the 35+ grind and actually has legendaries that increase damage? sure do, but i stopped caring as much. I'm at least still running top 5 in runs. And 30% of the time i can get 1st place, tho i have to focus like crazy to maximize.

The point i'm trying to make is this, don't let the grind drive you crazy. You'll enjoy the game more if you stop feeling like you HAVE to do everything and just do what you want when you want, without sweating missing a couple days of stuff.

Try this...breathe, and the next time you log in...don't do your emissary quests for at least a day, if you really want to you can skip them for 4 days. Break that routine. Then just play the game when you feel like. Run a random heroic, mythic, + or raid whenever you feel like trying to go for one. Do pvp whenever. Heck, try just sitting in stormwind and talking crap in trade chat. It really sounds like you need to break up your routine. I started doing that and i feel much better now.

IDK, Either way, the problem isn't the 35+ grind, it's us feeling like we have to have it done right away.

Except you are looking at this as a required thing.

How many times do people have to say that it isn't? Nothing is tuned to 54. Nothing.

It's nice to do extra damage, yea, but it's EXTRA damage, not "require damage", not "supposed to do damage", not "missing damage".

When you get a badass piece of gear, but that gear didn't titanforge to its max ilvl with a socket and an extra stat, do you bitch that you are "missing damage"? Or "supposed to" be the best possible thing in the game you can get?

The backside traits are essentially titanforging your artifact. A BONUS. But instead of RNG it's something you can put time into getting.

I like being able to have a personal, not required, grind that actually has a day to day impact on my character. I like the growth.

I don't expect to put out the same damage as someone with 54, and ANYONE who suggests i should be on par with them is nuts (and in fact, I've yet to find anyone like that).

You people saying "just don't do it" are completely missing the point.

You're not going to change human nature here on an internet messageboard today.

I'm not even going to attempt to grind AP past +35. I might reconsider if they increase AK past 25.