10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Synthesis required a different set of circumstances to happen. With the EC. Everything was attainable.
    I do remember it not being available the first time I finished the game, which was before the extended cut.

I don't remember what they changed, whether it was the EC, or whether I made better decisions, that made it available the next playthrough though.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any rpg that has consistently good animations to be honest? It's something people have learned to forgive developers for, and for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There's a website you can use that increases your galactic readiness % through Facebook/WoD's Garrison esque 'missions'. I personally used that over multiplayer in ME3.

Anyway I've yet to see Bioware do 'good' multiplayer. Hopefully it's like it was in dragon age inquisition so I can ignore it.
    I loved ME3's multiplayer. But hated that it was forced.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    In order to get the perfect endings when the game was released you had to do some MP, no matter your choices it wouldn't be enough =/
    They changed that after some patches later on ~
    technically - it was still possible to get synthesis (I got it on my first playthrough). you had to minmax the shit out of your decisions and I'm pretty sure, you HAD to import the game or at least do the intro comic, but it was possible. what was NOT possible was destroy plus. it took extended cut before solo game only would allow for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I do remember it not being available the first time I finished the game, which was before the extended cut.

I don't remember what they changed, whether it was the EC, or whether I made better decisions, that made it available the next playthrough though.
    EC reduced the required number of assets to get all the endings. but synthesis was still possible at launch. barely

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There's a website you can use that increases your galactic readiness % through Facebook/WoD's Garrison esque 'missions'. I personally used that over multiplayer in ME3.

Anyway I've yet to see Bioware do 'good' multiplayer. Hopefully it's like it was in dragon age inquisition so I can ignore it.
    sigh, that website didn't exist at the time of game's release. neither did EC. multiplayer was required to get all possible endings. they released the app for ios only originally, not sure when but it was ios only. otherwise - you had to either mod, or do multiplayer. and if you were console player? it was pretty much just multiplayer. the website didn't become available until much MUCH later. I don't remember if it was before or after Citadel. I think after. but like I said - it wasn't introduced until well after original game launch.

New orientation video tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    If EMS is 2800+ the Synthesis ending becomes available.

From the ME Wiki.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Is there any rpg that has consistently good animations to be honest? It's something people have learned to forgive developers for, and for a long time.
    Witcher 3

The Division, though its kind of RPG lite.

Inquisition has some OK gameplay animations, only gets a little strange during some conversations/cutscenes.

Anyone know if there are mods for ME1? I'm planning to replay the trilogy soon in preparation for Andromeda but I just know 1 is going to be brutal to replay with how...clunky some of it is(I'm looking at you Mako)but I don't want to just skip it because its still an incredible game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Witcher 3

Inquisition has some OK gameplay animations, only gets a little strange during some conversations/cutscenes.
    The animations in The Witcher 3 are still pretty bad at times. Also The Witcher 3 uses like the same 20 faces for their hundreds of NPCs.

Deleted
    I just finished 1 and started 2 for the first time ever, incredible jump in graphics but can't make any other comparisons yet. Don't have an answer to your question but I thought 1 was fine, I'm sure you'll fall back into it and get used to it.

The Mako was a bit lol, I imagined it more of a simple mini game and after all it doesn't take up that much of your game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 1 = Best Story
    Mass Effect 2 = Best Characters
    Mass Effect 3 = Little bit of both

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Witcher 3

The witcher 3? Did you not see the Geralt spin animation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    If EMS is 2800+ the Synthesis ending becomes available.

From the ME Wiki.
    Oh, I see. I've always believed it was much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    The witcher 3? Did you not see the Geralt spin animation?
    Or Roach's animations in places with strongly uneven surface...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

Roach's animations were beautiful.

Remastered Mass Effect would be the best announcement coming closer to Andromeda release date. Also I REALLY hope multiplayer is completely separate from the single player aspect. I love a good online component but good lord, don't mix it up. They almost messed it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    To think of it, I still haven't tried DAI multiplayer. Just somehow slipped from my mind after single player playthrough... I enjoyed ME3 multiplayer quite a bit, although it got somewhat repetitive after a few dozen games. There doesn't seem much information on DAI multiplayer though - is it worth it, or is it a good idea gone wrong? From the gameplay footage I've seen, it doesn't look particularly impressive, but videos can be deceptive.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Female Krogan engineer part of team that built and manages the Nexus.
    Unfortunately timing looks like the genophage is an issue for Krogans who are apart of the trip. Perhaps the story will involve defending someone who has found a cure.

I don't know what to feel when I think the Krogan burqa looks better than the armor.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

nope synthesis was always 2800. destroy plus was originally 4000. was changed to 3100 I think it is? post EC. on release it was mathematically impossible to get 4000 assets without multiplayer, I think with fully minmaxed game (meaning all the maximized asset gains and all the DLC's from 1 and 2 imported with from the Ashes DLC active and completed in 3) you got like 3900ish? in my game I got about 3750 first time around. the only DLC I didn't have was Pinnacle station, but I made choices in 1 and 2 that were in character so there were few minmax opportunities that I missed.

in any case, I've yet to see a single rpg with genuinely good animations. yes, even Witcher 3 has some major issues, in part due to sheer volume of cut scened selectable dialogue and in part due to sheer size of the game. even Uncharted 4 had a few... less then optimal moments here and there and its a far FAR shorter game with a hell of a lot less dialogue in it.

I mean if we are going to start nitpicking.. high budget movies are STILL not quite getting animation of dialogue quite right. so yeah, I'm willing to forgive rpg's a LOT as long as overall product is fun and engaging.

that said. GMG finally got pre-purchases for Andromeda up. trying to decide if I want to just give up on random goodies I will most likely not even use and a pyjak, in favor of a discount. I mean.. when I put it like that the answer is - screw the pyjack. and yet... not quite fully rid of temptation :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    in any case, I've yet to see a single rpg with genuinely good animations.
    I really liked animations in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, they looked very genuine, and I'm 99% sure they used some kind of expensive mocap. That said, the cutscenes (except for a few pre-rendered ones) there only showed two people standing and talking, nothing as complex as Tali's "wooooooo", for example, so, again, it would be surprising if that game had poorer animations.