Thread: +35 sucks!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

Man, it's impossible to please people.
    From one extreme going to another is just about as bad as having one extreme , nothing to do and grind till your eyes bleed are in the same category of ''not fun''
    I could tell you to snap 100.000 matches in 3 pieces each and it will give you something to do, question is whether its fun or tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You people saying "just don't do it" are completely missing the point.

You're not going to change human nature here on an internet messageboard today.
    And Blizzard trying to compensate for people with lack of self control isn't going to happen either.

Same old argument trying to convince a drunk he has a drinking problem.

When I hit 35 I thought it would be a grindfest for 36. I hit 36 fine and then 37. I am now 70% of the way towards 38. It isn't that bad yet.

I play two characters and they both are at the same spot on their main spec Weapons. I even have their first off spec weapons at 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Yeah, and the choice he made is forcing him to play this way, so shut the fuck up about "not being forced to". Forced by choice, yes, still forced nonetheless.
    You don't understand the meaning of "forced", do you?

Try a dictionary sometime instead of your headcanon interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    And Blizzard trying to compensate for people with lack of self control isn't going to happen either.
    Probably not. But they should.

AP comes by playing the game and having fun. If u still havent gotten that yet, I suggest u quit. Otherwise this could end bad for ur health.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to remember an expansion ago that people complained there was nothing to do.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't...people will find anything to complain about...even free stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Define obtainable. I'm doing just fine in the game at rank 48 with minimal grinding.
    mind to link your WoWProgress?

With AK25 it's so quick to get 35th. Not an issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Yeah, and the choice he made is forcing him to play this way, so shut the fuck up about "not being forced to". Forced by choice, yes, still forced nonetheless.
    Forced by lack of self control. Just like those people that had 10 alts and have to do their mine and herb garden every day along with the garrison missions. There was no forcing but they couldn't stop doing them until they were so burned out they exploded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    The +35 grind killed most of the 'fun' I used to have from this game .. A s a casual player I used to play many hours a week across multiple toons .. That's all gone now .. Simply knowing my character is inferior as well as I need to grind until my eyes bleed simply SUCKS!

I loved the fact raiding meant better gear .. I loved the fact that higher PvP rating meant better gear .. That is all the work I think should be required to max power your character .. Adding AK grind was bad for the game .. ON TOP OF THAT SHIT they add +35 more points for 14.5% more stats or damage was it?!

I bet play time has dropped for many players, and if they keep this Asian grind fest pretty sure subs gonna follow and fall ...

Man it feels like NCSoft has taken over Acti-Blizz!
    I thought the same thing. Then I put my 36th point in and I said who fucking cares. Now I do some world quests, raid like normal and some mythic + dungeons. I actually started just putting the AP in the bank so I wouldn't see it. Then every week I apply it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You're grinding for that stuff? You really don't need to but okay. Continue to tell yourself you need to do things only a couple hundred people with a real shot at world first actually do. I'll continue clearing all the content on time without killing myself or ever going out of my way to grind AP.
    When the stuff they design for you to do, doesn't need to be done, but feels like it does.... it's broken.

That crappiest thing done to achieve the best things... is rewarding.

The funnest thing with no rewards, gets old fast.

The problem is, Blizz's "fun things to do" aren't really much fun after a few rounds... and the rewards to continue to do them are really, really bad.

Give me deterministic loot any day. I would rather kill a boss 100 times and get THE piece of loot I want and expect, than to kill him 100 times and have no idea what I might get... even if there is a chance for an even better piece.

To check off all the bosses on a list of gear I need... is progress. To simply kill a boss for RNG of maybe an extra 5-10 item levels of Titanforge? Yuck. It does not feel good man.

Blizzard is lazy now. They don't want to work for the hundreds of millions WoW brings in each year. They want some auto-pilot, RNG driven cash machine.

You literally get AP from anything. Just do whatever you enjoy in game and the AP will continue to pour in. My main is 46 and I have 2 alts that are nearing 40 and it hasnt felt grindy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Give me deterministic loot any day. I would rather kill a boss 100 times and get THE piece of loot I want and expect, than to kill him 100 times and have no idea what I might get... even if there is a chance for an even better piece.
    You say that, but random rewards are absolutely core to retaining users in a diku-clone MMO via skinner box operant conditioning. Human brains are wired to find them addictive.

playing casually and working on my 39th trait. you dont need to grind so much.

Get to AK 25, do AP WQs, Spam Mythic +2s, Do LFR, Do your heroic weekly dungeon run, Do RBGS, BGS, Spam Arenas, Emmisary Quests, Go do Regular Normal Raids, And BAM! Artifact Rank 35+. Beyond Rank 36, the AP will only go up by 100k, it's not that much.

But, You possibly CAN'T do that, yes? Cause you're a "Little Casual Player That Wants Everything For Free", yes?

Go play the damn game, and quit crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephuz Secret View Post
    mind to link your WoWProgress?
    Sure: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...an/Blackguarde

Is this the part where you say I am grinding by actually doing game content?

I have less than 200 mythic + completed.

Probably not. But they should.
    Blizzard is not a licensed medical professional. Suggesting they should approach their game as one is irrational.

Lich King at Launch: NO CONTENT REEE
    Lich King by the End: TOO MUCH TO DO REEEE
    Cataclysm: NOTHING TO DO REEE
    Pandaria: TOO MUCH TO DO REEEEE
    WoD: NOTHING TO DO REEE
    Legion: ?????

Gee I wonder.....

You say that, but random rewards are absolutely core to retaining users in a diku-clone MMO via skinner box operant conditioning. Human brains are wired to find them addictive.
    Hmmmm.. on retail they have to do CRZ bigtime to give the appearance of a busy, lively world. Even though you can;t trade with them, see the same AH as them, etc... I logged in at lunch today to a private server... 10,500 people online at one time. Real people... having a blast, with reputations that keep them from being jerks in the game.

Oh and another 11,000 waiting their turn to play.... if it were possible, there would be over 20,000 people on one server online at one time.

The conditioning in this situation? Fun. Pure, real, MMO, fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Hmmmm.. on retail they have to do CRZ bigtime to give the appearance of a busy, lively world. Even though you can;t trade with them, see the same AH as them, etc... I logged in at lunch today to a private server... 10,500 people online at one time. Real people... having a blast, with reputations that keep them from being jerks in the game.

Oh and another 11,000 waiting their turn to play.... if it were possible, there would be over 20,000 people on one server online at one time.

The conditioning in this situation? Fun. Pure, real, MMO, fun.
    1.Why trade with them, unless it's for flasks/foods/enchants/gear. 2. You can trade with people. either be in a group, or a raid to do it though.

3. We never see each-others AH during classic though. 4. Were those peeps working 24/7 for the next enchant, or working ALL mighty and hard for their first mount? Or were they just spamming shit on trade, acting like they know everything about WOW, when they likely don't?

We need answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Lich King at Launch: NO CONTENT REEE
    Lich King by the End: TOO MUCH TO DO REEEE
    Cataclysm: NOTHING TO DO REEE
    Pandaria: TOO MUCH TO DO REEEEE
    WoD: NOTHING TO DO REEE

Gee I wonder.....
    Lemme fix that for ya:

Lich King at Launch: 11 million subs
    Lich King by the End: 12 million subs
    Cataclysm: 12 million subs
    Cataclysm End: 9 million
    Pandaria: 10 million
    Pandaria End: 7.5 million
    WoD: 8 million
    WoD end: less than 4 million

Something in WotLK kept and even GREW subs from start to end. Every single expansion has lost subs... and each one more drastically than the previous one.

Whatever they were doing in Vanilla, BC and Wrath... was working... And now we have legendaries dropping from doing 4 daily quests. It doesn't take much to see what is wrong with the game. The easier, more convenient, less social it has become... the lower the game has dropped. It's just ewwww to me now.