Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

7.1.5 is abysmal

The further I delve into 7.1.5 as a DH, the more dissatisfied I become. I don't have a good legendary, therefore I feel focused starved about 40% of the time with nothing to do. The Eye Beam build is the only build that is GCD locked because of Demons Bites, but I hate spamming an ability and it isn't the highest dps build which is what I am going for.

Is anyone else sitting around without fury more often than before and being bored?

our DH is #1 on every fight - you're using the wrong talents i think

edit: just checked your logs - yeah you're definitely using the wrong talents. :/

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...0729747/latest
    Last edited by youswas; 2017-01-11 at 08:16 PM.

Use Felblade and Nemesis. You'll be fine.

Deleted
    This patch is terrible. I can't find a spec i like to play. It is horrible.
    Nemesis isn't an option, it dosn't make fun.
    Demonbite is a pain in the ass.
    The energy reg is sooo horrible (even with ring).
    Demonic sucks.

This patch is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    This patch is terrible. I can't find a spec i like to play. It is horrible.
    Nemesis isn't an option, it dosn't make fun.
    Demonbite is a pain in the ass.
    The energy reg is sooo horrible (even with ring).
    Demonic sucks.

This patch is crap.
    Yeah sure, that's why we all are doing 500k DPS + with 60+ APM.

And counterpoint to @hockenberry

I'm so glad this patch happened...there are two viable specs I enjoy playing.

Best patch ever.

While I agree that we are performing admirably on the dps charts since 7.1.5 and I've got nothing to complain in that regard, I have to say that of all the builds I've tried, none comes even close to how fun and rewarding the old Momentum+Bloodlet build felt. The agility Demon Speed brought into the rotation and the sense of urgency caused by Momentum made Havoc such a blast to play at high skill levels! It's a shame that aspect wasn't baked into the class as I believe it should've been.
    Liked the screenshots? Download the UI here: HeyBarbaruiva UI
    There are two kinds of people without beards. Boys and women, and I am neither.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBarbaruiva View Post
    none comes even close to how fun and rewarding the old Momentum+Bloodlet build felt

Just this.
    Nothing is fun at the moment.

Just this.
    For you.
    /10 chars

DH are insane, you're just doing it wrong.

Listen to -youswas

I feel like DH is more fun to play now. You aren't stuck taking the same talents, though there are clear winners to which are best.

Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post

edit: just checked your logs - yeah you're definitely using the wrong talents. :/

Those aren't my logs. I was testing the eye beam build. I am usually #1 or 2 on every fight. That isn't my issue. My issue is that it is boring.

Just this.
    First of all, I never said the other builds aren't fun. I said I believe they aren't as fun as the old momentum.
    Liked the screenshots? Download the UI here: HeyBarbaruiva UI
    There are two kinds of people without beards. Boys and women, and I am neither.

Quote Originally Posted by yarafx1 View Post
    DH are insane, you're just doing it wrong.

Listen to -youswas

I feel like DH is more fun to play now. You aren't stuck taking the same talents, though there are clear winners to which are best.
    Demon Hunters are insane. I pull great numbers, but the best single target spec is fury starved and so boring.

- - - Updated - - -

While I agree that we are performing admirably on the dps charts since 7.1.5 and I've got nothing to complain in that regard, I have to say that of all the builds I've tried, none comes even close to how fun and rewarding the old Momentum+Bloodlet build felt. The agility Demon Speed brought into the rotation and the sense of urgency caused by Momentum made Havoc such a blast to play at high skill levels! It's a shame that aspect wasn't baked into the class as I believe it should've been.
    This is exactly what I am trying to say. In comparison to the Momentum build in the prior build, 7.1.5 is boring. It pulls GREAT numbers but it is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post

What he said. Yeah according to your talents OP, you have a few that are not correct.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eglaive/simple is mine.

I believe I was reading you want 11-12% haste, 30+% mast and X high crit. Now I agree depending on Felblade Procs, even with my ring, I sometimes feel a lack of Fury. I mean it was nerfed, as was the proc of Demon Blades. However I wouldn't worry about it too much, because you have to take into account the 2P set bonus. With it, I believe it will feel a lot easier for Fury Gen.

I do agree though, that I miss the potential Momentum had. Yes, there are different specs now which is good, but momentum does not seem to be viable anymore in a raid environment, unless its pretty AoE heavy. So I like it, but at the same time don't like how its not really looked at anymore. The loss of 10% up time via Blur nerf kind of suck. But either way, give it some time. As people continue to test and Sim more info will come out to assist with the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    Demon Hunters are insane. I pull great numbers, but the best single target spec is fury starved and so boring.

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly what I am trying to say. In comparison to the Momentum build in the prior build, 7.1.5 is boring. It pulls GREAT numbers but it is boring.
    This is not because of the build, this is because of less crit / ring nerf: less fury. Wait for T19.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Yeah sure, that's why we all are doing 500k DPS + with 60+ APM.
    Doing good numbers and having a good time are two completely different things. His opinion is a very valid opinion. I'm sustaining 580k single target, am I having a good time doing it, no.

from PvP pov the 2 new builds are stupid OP but i agree with posts above, i do miss old build it was much more fun to me personally

Personally the current specs using 222 or 33x are what I expected at the legion preview way back at blizzcon 2015 and then the Early beta

I was never really fond of the momentum spec that ended up as our launch live spec...and always hated bloodlet.

Time for my tastes to get 6 months of fun....then they can screw it up again.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the shitty talent that is momentum got baked into DH's, far less people would even touch it.

Deleted
    I actually love this patch! I was so frustrated because of what I saw 7.1.5. would bring because I LOVE the Momentum build, but after actually playing it with my DH, I LOVE it! Though to be honest, I just simply can't imagine it without Demon Blades! I mean, I keep spamming Chaos Strike, Felblade and Blade Dance, I simply have no opening for anything else! Also, is it right to use First Blood? I'm not really sure if I see that 600+K strike on ST?