Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    tbh im doing more dps using crash lightning to proc stormbringer than i am doing without it, even with foa talented went from 420k dps or less with other talent variants to 450k
    I notice this as well. For me anyways...Not sure how.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sorry landslide or would you still take landslide with a different teir 1 talent?
    Yeah you always take landslide. You can choose between WS and HH, they're pretty close for me at least. And I don't like HH since the priority is below SS and it just goes to waste when you get a good string of Stormbringers.
    I believe Boulderfist makes a return with 4p.

So, for about 2hrs now I've sat here going through different mixes and matches of talents just to verify wordups work. Basically I sat down and went through about a dozen talent rotations each until my hands got tired for each one.

The talent picks stand.

Here's the thing. I'm still doing less damage than I was before patch. I would say about 100k less. My haste might now be at the simtard prescribed level but I went from 92%(unbuffed yes I said fuck the sims) mastery to 78% mastery. This is fucking astronomical. I went from going a steady 500k easy to a 400k maintaining struggle. Oh sure I might open at a 550k but we opened pretty high in openers before too if we got a proc now there is no maintaining that my resting dps is 400k differentiation of 15k. This is on a dummy. In raid I would do 600k easy. It's not that anymore but our damage on aoe is a little better.

Meanwhile you've got shadow priests who open at 900k dps and rest at 700k. Demonhunters more or less the same but maintain a comfortable 600k level now. Windwalkers? Well they were broken last night with the chi orb thing so getting a real parse won't be til tonight. Elemental shamans are neck and neck with us in ST and blow aoe out of the water.

Our aoe range capability is much better so in that we respect we parse better than before HOWEVER it was shit to begin with. Our single target got cut a bit from the single target column and moved over to the aoe column in order to give us that boost and that my friends is what we call 'balance'. Really I wanna give a big clap to the people who complained that our aoe dps sucked because this is what we got.

I was fine being great at close to patchwork fights. This, sucks. Maybe the 2p-4p (our 4p...hahahaha) will fix this but for now we're gonna have to grin and bear with it and see where we stand then.
    Last edited by ehxy; 2017-01-11 at 12:12 PM.

Just rushed NM and HC EN (Mythic tonight) and overall i feel weaker. Not alot, but a little bit. I had FoA up at all times and tried to use Lightning bolt as often as i could. So used to not using it so it feels a bit strange right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    So, for about 2hrs now I've sat here going through different mixes and matches of talents just to verify wordups work. Basically I sat down and went through about a dozen talent rotations each until my hands got tired for each one.

The talent picks stand.

Here's the thing. I'm still doing less damage than I was before patch. I would say about 100k less. My haste might now be at the simtard prescribed level but I went from 92%(unbuffed yes I said fuck the sims) mastery to 78% mastery. This is fucking astronomical. I went from going a steady 500k easy to a 400k maintaining struggle. Oh sure I might open at a 550k but we opened pretty high in openers before too if we got a proc now there is no maintaining that my resting dps is 400k differentiation of 15k. This is on a dummy. In raid I would do 600k easy. It's not that anymore but our damage on aoe is a little better.

Meanwhile you've got shadow priests who open at 900k dps and rest at 700k. Demonhunters more or less the same but maintain a comfortable 600k level now. Windwalkers? Well they were broken last night with the chi orb thing so getting a real parse won't be til tonight. Elemental shamans are neck and neck with us in ST and blow aoe out of the water.

Our aoe range capability is much better so in that we respect we parse better than before HOWEVER it was shit to begin with. Our single target got cut a bit from the single target column and moved over to the aoe column in order to give us that boost and that my friends is what we call 'balance'. Really I wanna give a big clap to the people who complained that our aoe dps sucked because this is what we got.

I was fine being great at close to patchwork fights. This, sucks. Maybe the 2p-4p (our 4p...hahahaha) will fix this but for now we're gonna have to grin and bear with it and see where we stand then.
    90% Mastery? How? I literally lost 4%. Sitting at 72% Mastery and 30% Haste.
    I'm actually doing quite to what simcraft is telling me (depending on bosses). 530k+ with HH_AS_OC_FoA. That was in Mythic +.

Its more of a priority issue if anything. I began optimizing my rotation and what to use when, and now I'm close to what gets simmed for me. Also, I'm opening with WAY MORE than 550k. With pre-pot and lust I'm usually opening with up to 1.1~ million and slowly drop to 800 - 700k. Its all a priority issue entirely.

We also got better in the AoE department. Did some mass pulls in different m+ dungeons and went from anywhere between a million DPS to 2.2 million.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

So what is the actual new rotation like? What to prioritize and so on? please enlighten me!

Right now I'm sticking with WS+AS+Tempest+FoA. I feel like Windsong will be good for that Nighthold Trinket with recursive strikes.

Tempest just feels better to me. Weaving a lightning bolt in there feels awkward. I could get used to it for the very very few pure single target encounters, or I can continue to enjoy Tempest procs.

for me windsong simmed higher but in game hot hand is higher 10k for some reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    So what is the actual new rotation like? What to prioritize and so on? please enlighten me!
    Theres a writeup by Wordup on Icyveins now. It's all updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    I'm actually doing quite to what simcraft is telling me (depending on bosses). 530k+ with HH_AS_OC_FoA. That was in Mythic +.

Its more of a priority issue if anything. I began optimizing my rotation and what to use when, and now I'm close to what gets simmed for me. Also, I'm opening with WAY MORE than 550k. With pre-pot and lust I'm usually opening with up to 1.1~ million and slowly drop to 800 - 700k. Its all a priority issue entirely.

We also got better in the AoE department. Did some mass pulls in different m+ dungeons and went from anywhere between a million DPS to 2.2 million.
    My stats are pretty m uch the same as yours now. 78% mastery however anyway. I'm not talking about fully buffed but yeah whatever fully buffed the numbers are 100k to 150k over what was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ApaxGelfling View Post
    Theres a writeup by Wordup on Icyveins now. It's all updated.
    Oh thanks for the info, Icyveins has been rather slow so I didn't even bother to look this time yet.

If you are getting different results theres a few possible reasons:

1. The sims are wrong
    2. You are not playing the optimal spec correctly
    3. RNG is RNG and you are just getting lucky/unlucky

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post

Car to ellaborate on your opening rotation?
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallaster View Post
    I notice this as well. For me anyways...Not sure how.
    It's not too surprising, using crash lightning as your filler will result in much more total stormstrikes than using lava lash. That will change with the 4 set obviously but it's worth trying out for now.

EDIT: Did some target dummy testing and crash lightning definitely resulted in the DPS loss the sims say it would. Previous posters must have just gotten oddly lucky on their attempts.
    Last edited by Arachnofiend; 2017-01-11 at 10:27 PM.

Really though

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#sample=1

says it all.

This reminds me of the last time enhance was great but windfury was bugged so you would hit like 10x everytime windfury procced. It got nerfed straight into the ground. Was it around BC?

Welp, here we are again.

Really though

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#sample=1

says it all.

This reminds me of the last time enhance was great but windfury was bugged so you would hit like 10x everytime windfury procced. It got nerfed straight into the ground. Was it around BC?

Welp, here we are again.
    and some scrubs said we are fine.. while some of us said we are nerfed to the ground

It says nothing.
    Kill times in Emerald Nightmare are at 2-3 minutes. People are struggling to actually pull of their rotation because they logged in 5 minutes before raid and didn't practice.

EN parses have absolutely no bearing on how dps is going to be in Nighthold, people don't even know how to play yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    and some scrubs said we are fine.. while some of us said we are nerfed to the ground
    The "scrubs" are the top enhancement players and theorycrafters, but, "some" people said otherwise :V

I mean, we're even worse on Guarm which was one of our best fights previously. I do expect us to go up in Nighthold because our new rotation basically does not make sense until you get the 4 piece (more lava lashes in the rotation=fewer stormstrikes in the rotation without tier bonus) but it does look like we've taken a bit of a tap right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I logged on today and wanted to try out some new Talents (to spice things up).
    Tried running HH, AS, Tempest, FuA and LS. Having a tornado around you 24/7 is really neat and keeping up buffs and managing Maelstrom is actually really fun.
    Anyone knows if Windsong is good (for the additional Attack Speed) or we'll be capping on Maelstrom too fast ?
    How is the "priority" for an AoE situation now, with FoA and CL both serving as some kind of AoE. I do have the Legendary Chest (so I assume CL to keep the buff up when 3 or more targets ?).
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I've only had mythic Helya progression experience since the patch because I had to log in and jump right into raid. I started the night with 460k dps in p1 for the first 40 minutes or so. Ended the night with 560k dps in the last 40 so mins in p1. It really is just getting used to hitting different buttons.