Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Come on. Let's keep a little optimism here.
    What reason there is to show optimism for a story that doesn't need to be told made as a cash-in to milk that Star Wars franchice with most bizarre way of handling the matters, aka hire some butt-fuck to one of the most iconic roles of movie history?

I'm trying to fathom that but nothing pops in mind.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Never liked Han Solo so this one is a throw away for me. I hope they never do the Yoda movie, but I'd be up for an Obi-wan if it tells some of his stories that were previously retconned.

I don't think change is bad, Star Wars isn't etched in stone as some would claim, but I do think they need to take their time with it, and some stories really DON'T need to be fleshed out (yoda)
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Never liked Han Solo so this one is a throw away for me. I hope they never do the Yoda movie, but I'd be up for an Obi-wan if it tells some of his stories that were previously retconned.

I don't think change is bad, Star Wars isn't etched in stone as some would claim, but I do think they need to take their time with it, and some stories really DON'T need to be fleshed out (yoda)
    I can't see them doing an Obi story since most of his story has (will once finished) been told in the cartoons. They'd have to go pre-TPM.

I'm not sure if their is much to be said about Yoda too. The galaxy was relatively peaceful before TPM, the Clone Wars cartoon tells you about him during the war, and then he went into exile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post

My bet is that it will show how Han and Chewie met and how he won the Millenium Falcon from Lando. The plot itself will probably be about the famous Kessel Run.
    Probably.

Forgot that Donald Glover was playing Lando

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I can't see them doing an Obi story since most of his story has (will once finished) been told in the cartoons
    I'm not necessarily interested in young. I agree that the animated series' did a satisfying job, I'm hoping for an exiled Obi-Wan story,

Since McGregor is interested in coming back, I think this could be a fantastic opportunity for some strong connective tissue between the prequels and everything beyond. We'll see what we get soon with Rebels, I feel like they're juggling a lot of important stories right now, but I trust Filoni.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2017-01-12 at 01:25 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    What reason there is to show optimism for a story that doesn't need to be told made as a cash-in to milk that Star Wars franchice with most bizarre way of handling the matters, aka hire some butt-fuck to one of the most iconic roles of movie history?

1) What story really needs to be told anyway? We'll know if it was needed if the movie is good.
    2) That one always makes me chuckle. Of course it's a cash-in! Doesn't mean that the movie will be bad. Star Wars has always been about money grabbing : toys, comics, novels, video games, cartoons, magazines, etc. It's been like this since 1977. There are certainly books about Solo. What's wrong with a movie, then?
    3) If you're meaning by that term that Alden Ehrenreich is not well known, well Harrison Ford was not a superstar either when he created the role of Han Solo.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

How many stories were written about these characters in the 40 years of the Expanded Universe? I don't understand why you'd thinking "milking the franchise" is somehow an argument against an addition to the very franchise that pretty much invented that idea.

Deleted
    Han Solo, first look cast

./puke

I hope they all get on a plane n it crashes into a mountain...except for Dany ofc (GoT)

7+ Year Old Account
    'Star Wars': Han Solo Film Loses Directors
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ectors-1015419

I do hope this means they reconsider making this. I don't know anyone who's said "Hey, we should really have a Han Solo origin story." I'm not a fan of any Han Solo that isn't Harrison Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    'Star Wars': Han Solo Film Loses Directors
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ectors-1015419
    Oh boy, this doesn't bode well. It was a long way into shooting, too. It's going to be so hard for them to stitch a good final product together unless they do a bunch of reshoots. As if this movie didn't have enough going against it already.

good, please let this not happen.

i fucking hate han solo as a character. he's annoying as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    good, please let this not happen.

I love han and even i think this movie just shouldnt be made. Look its fine to keep some mysteries about some characters. This is doubled when its a character that back story can only be an uninteresting cliche, we get it hes a thief with a heart of gold. Instead fucking go into characters that have unique possibilities like Palpatine, yoda, anyfucking body that you can not instantly guess where they come from at the first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    I do hope this means they reconsider making this. I don't know anyone who's said "Hey, we should really have a Han Solo origin story." I'm not a fan of any Han Solo that isn't Harrison Ford.
    the han solo trilogy book is enough for me.

Han Solo is really the kind of character that works better when you imagine his backstory rather than actually see it.

I dunno, maybe the film will be okay. I'm not optimistic though.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    This is the worst thing you've ever posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Lord and Miller was the reason I was looking forward to this movie. This is a pretty bad development.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This is the worst thing you've ever posted.
    han is shit, dash rendar is the only good spacer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, I guess it could be worse, but not by much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ron Howard has both good and bad films to his credit. Some of my favorites: Night Shift, Willow, Backdraft, Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind, Frost/Nixon. He's generally considered to be a pretty good director, even though he's made some films that leave me scratching my head.

I forgot Cinderella Man.
    He was Richie Cunningham. What else needs to be said!

Deleted
    Such good news! I hope they don't get any new director in time n the project is perma stopped!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm convinced that the only actor that can play a young Harrison Ford is Anthony Ingruber. I mean, did anyone see him in Age of Adaline? Dude looked just like him.
    Hmmm...he is ok I guess, should have dyed his hair dark for more believability methinks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yikes, I guess it could be worse, but not by much.
    I mentioned before in this thread, need to do an animated movie instead, have Harrison's voice n adopt facial expression. Let Dave Filoni direct the movie, could be kickass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    For me, being that the character is so iconic and attached to Harrison Ford, the new actor not only needs to portray him accurately, but he also needs to look and sound like a young Ford. This current actor doesn't look like him at all, imo, which could ruin the movie for me.
    Alden Ehrenreich looks out of place...he might as well star as Elsa in a live-action Frozen movie..