Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by facelesssoul View Post

"It may be coming at a later time"
    the problem is when you hint at such a feature, or even tease it, the cause will have an effect, and this effect is people are now hording gold and tokens and they aren't spending real currency in the BNET store anticipating they will be able to use gold/token as a currency. Its like a snowball going down a hill, its already rolling, people are already preparing for it. There is no going back and no putting the genie back in the bottle.

Speaking for myself I won't be making any purchases with real currency because why should I? If I buy a mount today how would I feel if the next day everyone else is buying it free with the gold they have made in game?

15+ Year Old Account

Getting excited when Blizzard says "it may" is the issue. I could say the MN Vikings may win the super bowl but I'd just be getting my hopes up. It could be next expansion for all we know.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Token prices rose because less people are buying tokens to put on the AH. The demand is increasing over the supply. Not rumors, that isn't how the token system works. There is a cap on them and no reason to stockpile them in advance of this, you can just buy them then, which has a chance of dropping the price as people who want gold will buy more tokens to put on the AH to match the demand or exceed it thinking they will make a fortune.

I don't expect this system this expansion honestly.
    the prices started rising sharply from where they hovered steadily for months - right after datamining showed up. prices started going up, because more people started buying them. WHY? becasue that increased demand you mentioned was DIRECTLY driven by people anticipating being able to trade tokens in for bnet balance, OR trying to stock up for their actual subscriptions before "being able to turn tokens in for bnet balance" would drive up the prices beyond their comfort zone. its not that fewer people buying tokens to sell - making gold in legion is not as effortless as it was in WoD, so people are STILL buying tokens to sell.

"there is no reason to stockpile them now" just like there was no reason to stockpile them while they were 20k gold? or even when they were still 40k gold? people who have been playing for a bit and thought.. eh, no reason to stockpile, there are limits so its not like prices would shift too much... saw prices shit upward. sometimes steadily sometimes - like this last month? sharply. so they are stockpiling before pricing shift even higher... ironicaly driving up the prices with their actions.

but the point is. recent demand was driven by the datamined news.

I mean.. I quite literally saw the tokens go up by 5k in a space of maybe an hour the morning RIGHT after patch was released.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-01-11 at 10:47 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never expected it to be live. Just because a few strings were datamined means nothing. Wait for an official announcement, there's nothing to be salty about.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I am very keen to see this feature go live.

But I wouldn't say I was "salty" about it not being live yet. I'm a patient fellow.

7+ Year Old Account

lol you do know blizz has said nothing about it, given no date, time or even a "yes itscoming" the reason it popped up is that it was data mined....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Not such a big thing IMO, unless you plan on stopping playing WOW, you are only gonna be able to play sub free and buy the next exp with gold, because of the 36 tokens limit for each 2 years.
    But I wanted to buy some race changes with my gold!

You only have yourself to blame

10+ Year Old Account
    No i'm not salty. It should never go live. They are already ruining the wow economy with their gold selling scheme.

Deleted
    Not really salty, no. I already jumped ship on WoW. If this feature ever comes I guess I'll flip all my WoW gold for SC2 content (mission packs, portraits, w/e)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Not such a big thing IMO, unless you plan on stopping playing WOW, you are only gonna be able to play sub free and buy the next exp with gold, because of the 36 tokens limit for each 2 years.

They did change something about wow tokens in yesterday's patch, without telling anyone, the cap of 36 tokens per 24 months was removed so people are able buy more now than before.

Unless this is a bug, it could be some kind of preparation for this bnet balance feature. But of course there's always a small chance that they run into some legal or technical "hurdles" that will delay the feature more than they expected.
    Last edited by impending doom; 2017-01-12 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Token prices rose because less people are buying tokens to put on the AH. The demand is increasing over the supply. Not rumors, that isn't how the token system works. There is a cap on them and no reason to stockpile them in advance of this, you can just buy them then, which has a chance of dropping the price as people who want gold will buy more tokens to put on the AH to match the demand or exceed it thinking they will make a fortune.

I don't expect this system this expansion honestly.
    Yeah, and the huge rise of price of tokens in the same day when dataminers got these infamous strings from 7.1.5 ptr was pure coinscidence guys, right?

I am not salty, I just hate how expensive the token has become because people are shit easy to manipulate.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    This is a huge mess, definitely not getting Legion until they enable this feature.
    Haha imagine if you were serious People are ACTUALLY like that as well!

On topic though. It's not a huge deal, my guess was around 7.2 when they announced this was happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    One can only hope they fix it, as it should increase the price for a game token, perfect for those like me, with little time and who suck at making gold :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Is this anticipation the reason that game tokens are currently around 130K in EU? Because I can see many many sad faces when they finally implement a system with a different token for services.

There is absolutely no sense in making a fluctuating price system for services since the need for services is much more specific than that for game time. It would defeat the purpose of the system if for example transferring a guild could cost fluctuating price of 500k to 1M. People would simply pay 50 quid and transfer.

Service tokens will be fixed price imo and probably not even related to players buying and selling them. They ll just be there as a game gold sink.
    Just like it doesn't make sense for the price of a subscription to change between 50 and 130k? and people will just pay the 12 euro? Oh wait.

It'll be the same token, or at least the same system as the token we have now.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

No, Because it wasn't even announced feature, just assumptions from script chains in datamining.

Deleted
    I feel sour instead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    They did change something about wow tokens in yesterday's patch, without telling anyone, the cap of 36 tokens per 24 months was removed so people are able buy more now than before.
    Ah, then there really is a big difference, because with the 36 limit you still need 24 for subs, so only 12 remaining, let´s assume best case scenario another six for buying the expansion, so only six tokens left for buying BNET balance.
    But if the 36 limit is removed, then yes, a totally different situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    People are buying tokens atm hoping to cash them in for other services that are more expensive. The price wouldnt have gone so far if it was just for subscription. Also you have to take into account that there are tons of poor countries in EU where 12 EUR is more valuable than paying in game gold.

Unless you have hard evidence about what the token will be please don't state your opinion as a fact but as an assumption which is what I am doing. I am ASSUMING that the system will be different and fixed (for reasons that I have already stated).
    And what makes you think that they wouldn't rather spend 1m gold than 50 euro or whatever in the same case? And even before it was revealed that you could maybe turn them into balance, they were 100k in the EU, so people were completely willing to pay 100k instead of 12 euro

And hard evidence? Like it making no sense to invent a completely new token when the one they have already working perfectly find and they can just change it from paying your subscription to adding that amount of money to your battle.net balance?

Timewalking references were in the game for two years before they made it public. Don't expect things to happen immediately when the reference strings show up and you'll not be disappointed!