Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Bolded claim: Influenza. Dog breeding. Fruit flies that we've observed evolving.

As for the word "theory", you're using it like it's "hypothesis". A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.

You can claim "barely any proof" all you want, but we have thousands upon thousands of peer-reviewed papers and experiments that confirm it as fact.

If you have evidence of these "holes", why don't you go prove them and get your Nobel prize?
    I mean, we've literally observed and replicated the entire process, including speciation. Even outside the obvious effects of domestication, we've replicated these results in human time scales under lab conditions, so we know it's how things work.

But, like flat-Earthers, you can show them the obvious reality, and they'll find reasons to ignore it or hand-wave the facts away because they've got a fantasy in their head that they prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they they would be right. Evolution isnt real and should not have any place in schools. It is a made up construct by and athiest cult.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    And they they would be right. Evolution isnt real and should not have any place in schools. It is a made up construct by and athiest cult.
    Mind explaining your answer to the rest of the class?

Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    I even did the math for him given the numbers at hand, and that resulted with 7.424 muslim evolution deniers and 26.312 christian evolution deniers that will become teachers in germany. Saying that there are more non-muslim evolution deniers is 100% factual, remember we are talking about future teachers in germany , not world wide population.
    Except you never specified in Germany. Sorry try again. If you're speaking solely in Germany, then your point is pretty invalid unless you can provide what % of each religion rather than raw numbers. Raw numbers matter in some context like the fact that more white people are killed by cops in the US every year than black people by a sizeable amount when you talk about how the news outlets almost never report on them. However you're trying to equate that somehow it's a bigger problem amongst other religions when it's a problem in all religions just that in Germany I would wager there are far more Christians than Muslims.

as opposed to the ACTUAL cult that says it isn't real?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which none of those will conflict with one's religion. That I am aware of. However, evolution, conflicts with several religions ( well know world wide and representing billions of people ) around the world.
    Changing the science we teach because of religion is a slippery slope that leads to a thing called "Dark Age", I.E. stagnation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Which none of those will conflict with one's religion. That I am aware of. However, evolution, conflicts with several religions ( well know world wide and representing billions of people ) around the world.
    Evolution conflicts with religions that take literal interpretations of their holy texts. And to be frank, it doesn't matter how many people believe it. If their literal interpretation conflicts with reality then they are simply wrong and we shouldn't stop teaching reality to cater to them.

For Christianity in particular, literalism itself was a consequence of the protestant reformation and the need to distance themselves from the Catholic church. Christians for a very long time before that had no problem with figurative readings of the text. So literalism is basically reactionary nonsense that has caused no shortage of problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Muslims share so much with right wing America. No wonder they hate each other..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I for one am relieved that antibiotic resistance in bacteria is just something made up by an atheist cult.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Who the fuck cares if you give two shits about becoming a scientist later in life, you'll just study what is applicable in your field. Like I give a shit what my 2nd grade to 12th grade teacher thought/knows/believes in.

If he or she truly was an expert then they wouldn't be in this field teaching a bunch of kids.

I love when conservatives spout this. Please back it up, , add something. Dont look like a fool and provide evidence
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except you never specified in Germany. Sorry try again. If you're speaking solely in Germany, then your point is pretty invalid unless you can provide what % of each religion rather than raw numbers. Raw numbers matter in some context like the fact that more white people are killed by cops in the US every year than black people by a sizeable amount when you talk about how the news outlets almost never report on them. However you're trying to equate that somehow it's a bigger problem amongst other religions when it's a problem in all religions just that in Germany I would wager there are far more Christians than Muslims.
    This entire thread is about future teachers in germany that are evolution deniers, there is no need to specify that if this is the topic at hand anyway. I'm the one and others who pointed out to Runenwächter that denial of evolution is a universal problem among all groups of people even non-religious people. He was very worried about future teachers of muslim faith that deny evolution, all I did was show that the largest group of future teachers that will be evolution deniers are christians, more 3x as many evolution deniers will be christian instead of muslim.

Then the same should apply to those who believe in evolution. Classes dealing with evolution should never be mandatory. Have them as optional classes.
    And we should stop teaching 2+2 =4 in math class as well?

Evolution is scientific fact. It has been observed in real life. It's why bacteria become resistant to antibiotics.

The "theory" part is how Evolution affected the development of life in the past.

As such, evolution belongs in the science class. Creationism...does not. That belongs in Church.

It's funny seeing all the rightwing christians here defending muslims in a sense.

If they are Muslims who are dedicated to their religion, of course they would. I see nothing wrong with this because evolution should not be taught in schools ether, or creationism. Schools should stick to academics, which do not border on one's beliefs when it comes to religion or non religious.
    I mean, the problem is we have scientific evidence that says the beliefs are wrong. With your logic, we shouldn't even teach biology or use microscopes because that goes against creationism.

You are welcome to have beliefs, you just aren't welcome to believe something that has overwhelming scientific evidence against it.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2017-01-11 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Here's the thing about Germany. If you're a Christian, you pay church tax. It's in your tax data collection. Guess what? When you're born, you're put into the religion your parents choose. It just happens, 18 years before you even care about things like taxes. So you let it slide, or never know until you get your first wage. And it's not much, 20 bucks or something, I don't even know, because I just skim over it, that's how little I care about it. Getting rid of that requires you to actively go to your townhall and request a process after which you're officially without confession or a different one, if you so choose.

Why am I talking to you about taxes? Glad you asked... most people, atheist or not, do not bother with that. It's so little that it doesn't disturb them, most people think Churches in general are a good idea, because they do a lot of good things for other people and they simply don't care enough to change it. This means that the state has a) super accurate data about confession and b) thinks the numbers of actual believers are way, way higher than they are in reality.

So, when you say "there are more Christians than Muslims in Germany", you're technically correct. But for all intents and purposes, the amount of actually religious people that let religion influence their fundamental philosophical stances on things like evolution is insignificant. To an average German, the very idea that science can be trumped by religion is absolutely foreign. So, no. It's not a problem in Christianity.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's funny seeing all the rightwing christians here defending muslims in a sense.
    Who is defending Muslims?

I am saying that evolution being taught as fact is incorrect.

People don't like being told that because all the pillars of what they believe can broken down and you look like a brain dead sheep for believing it.

Keep believing it though, that echo chamber doesn't make itself
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Idiot who don't believe in evolution.....

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post

People don't like being told that because all the pillars of what they believe can broken down and you look like a brain dead sheep for believing it.

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post

What is your explanation of this
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...evolution.html
    Or this:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ve-birth-eggs/
    Or this:
    http://www.nature.com/news/2006/0607...060710-11.html
    Or this:
    http://ns.umich.edu/new/releases/530...ght-in-the-act
    Or this:
    http://www.cell.com/current-biology/...822(16)30913-7

Your belief is just counter to everything science has/is finding.