Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    >he doesn't remember Protholy from Wrath.
    Oh I remember the days of shadowfrost dks very well, and while prot holy was OP, they where hardly immortal.

Given how all you healers seem to bring up melee as the reason for all bad things in the world, it's not surprising that the most represented / objectively strongest healer is the one with most mobility.

It's also why despite how much whining there is about resto druids being weak they're still somehow -everywhere-.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2017-01-11 at 07:18 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    As it should be. A healer is a precious asset, not a god-king bestowing his immortal divine wisdom on everything in sight. If healers remain squishy I may even consider staying subbed, though if MoP-style healers come back I'd probably just leave for good because while it may be 'balanced in 3v3', it's obnoxious to play around as there's always this annoying sequence of things you need to do to play around a healer. It shouldn't be that way. A healer should play around you. Not the other way around.
    100% disagree. You should be playing around healers, they shouldn't be so weak that you can ignore them.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    100% disagree. You should be playing around healers, they shouldn't be so weak that you can ignore them.
    Zerging them is not ignoring them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I have yet to see these immortal healers ever over the decade of wow.
    you never encountered a druid healer in pvp, did you?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Zerging them is not ignoring them, though.
    Fair enough, I did not word that very well. My point was that you should have to think twice about a healer, not blindly zerg them down or kill their dps in 2 seconds.

The damage is just too much. It's too much for healers and it's too much for dps.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Burst damage is indeed too high, the game needs to smooth out the curvature between 'murders you in 2 seconds during cooldowns & stuns' and 'does 0 damage when none of them are up'. Though, that should also apply to healing. The reason out-of-cc / out-of-cooldown damage feels low is because any healer can spam buttons and completely neglect things like dots / auto attacks, and even non-cooldown pve rotation when they aren't stunned for 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    you never encountered a druid healer in pvp, did you?
    plenty, sure s2 they where over the top compared to the other healers but still not immortal.

... And yet the team with more healers that don't suck (read: horde) won 10 bgs in a row <_< I'm alliance, as you might guess.

I'm topping the dps, I'm interrupting on cooldown, I'm a demon hunter, I use my stuns at the right time. But it's impossible. Horde healers just don't fucking die.

Meanwhile alliance noobs always whine about no peels and cant do anything.

I'm honestly thinking it's an l2p issue for healers, because what I see in the game and what I read of peoples' whine doesn't quite add up.

... And yet the team with more healers that don't suck (read: horde) won 10 bgs in a row <_< I'm alliance, as you might guess.

I'm topping the dps, I'm interrupting on cooldown, I'm a demon hunter, I use my stuns at the right time. But it's impossible. Horde healers just don't fucking die.

Meanwhile alliance noobs always whine about no peels and cant do anything.

I'm honestly thinking it's an l2p issue for healers, because what I see in the game and what I read of peoples' whine doesn't quite add up.
    I see that as well.

Deleted
    Healers are more than fine, they don't need more defensives or more burst heal, its the overall bursty meta which needs to settle down.

You think only healers die in less then 4 second stuns? Most dps do as well so lets please not bring up this usual egotistical "me me me only" argument. This non sensical race to powercreep everyone instead of curing the real source of the disease (burst, too much CC, unbalance in class design) will only make WoW pvp even more garbage that it has been for 4 years. Of course when the pvp community is basically paladin defending paladins, mages defending mages,etc... we won't leave the bottom of pvp silliness that WoW has.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Healers are more than fine, they don't need more defensives or more burst heal, its the overall bursty meta which needs to settle down.

You think only healers die in less then 4 second stuns? Most dps do as well so lets please not bring up this usual egotistical "me me me only" argument. This non sensical race to powercreep everyone instead of curing the real source of the disease (burst, too much CC, unbalance in class design) will only make WoW pvp even more garbage that it has been for 4 years. Of course when the pvp community is basically paladin defending paladins, mages defending mages,etc... we won't leave the bottom of pvp silliness that WoW has.
    Dps have a chance to strike first and kill the person in a 4 second stun. Healers do not, hence the complaint. If healers can be solo'd by one dps, there's literally zero point to them in PvP.

Saying that, I actually feel stronger as a Disc healer with 7.1.5. Doesn't actually say much though, because Disc was so weak before haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfryd View Post
    Dps have a chance to strike first and kill the person in a 4 second stun. Healers do not, hence the complaint. If healers can be solo'd by one dps, there's literally zero point to them in PvP.

Saying that, I actually feel stronger as a Disc healer with 7.1.5. Doesn't actually say much though, because Disc was so weak before haha.

Several dps specs don't have stuns. You are supposed to be peeled by your team, as a healer its a spec to work in groups. Of course people in randoms are often clueless and tunnelvisioning but thats the player fault. Its the same thing with turret specs such as elemental or destruction, they are group specs, not lone wolves like rogues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Several dps specs don't have stuns. You are supposed to be peeled by your team, as a healer its a spec to work in groups. Of course people in randoms are often clueless and tunnelvisioning but thats the player fault. Its the same thing with turret specs such as elemental or destruction, they are group specs, not lone wolves like rogues.
    >T 1500 max rating guy.

"Peels" is a meme. Always has been. Especially when a DH blows up a healer in 1-2 seconds as it stands right now before the second DPS ever connects. Healer are ultimatively supporters. They allow their DPS to stay alive longer in trade off for a third DPS. If they have to be babysitted permanently and are a liability to the team then there is ZERO absolutely ZERO reason to take them over another DPS.

Not letting the enemy dps sit on your healer 24/7 is a vastly different situation from having to babysit it the entire game as it dies the second the enemy DPS manage to connect which will inevitably happen. Of course you nare trying to conflate these two things while ignoring all the streams and videos coming out even from high ranked players getting basically insta gibbed right now. In all likelihood, you're even a DH or playing with one.

Deleted
    Given how all you healers seem to bring up melee as the reason for all bad things in the world, it's not surprising that the most represented / objectively strongest healer is the one with most mobility.

It's also why despite how much whining there is about resto druids being weak they're still somehow -everywhere-.

What do you expect, here or in the official forums every class forum is an echo chamber of "oh we are so miserable" with the usual circlejerk and like minded whiners holding hands. If anyone wants to enjoy this game, they better avoid forums talking about "class balance" because it will always be the same circus.

Healers are not "more than fine." Name me the last expansion where a freecasting healer couldn't top someone off? There are countless games (as a MW anyway) where I'm literally spamming healing and my teammates still die because the absurd damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    DKs and DHs are out of control right now with their damage. It's ridiculous.

From what I've seen, most healers are indeed very easy to beat, especially Priests who don't have many escapes. Resto Druids are still annoying to beat due to their bear form and mobility and CC.
    I didn't read the patch notes, but did notice in arenas and bgs yesterday that i was completely blowing up priest healers compared to before, druids still gave me problems but priests just seemed like they were gimped, whereas before the patch i'd be hitting them for 10mins without their health even moving

- - - Updated - - -

also i think healers are a hard one to balance in pvp, for most of the time they are too strong where it takes 3 or 4 dps sitting on them to kill them, which makes it very unfun as a dps, but then you get a patch like this where dps can easily blow up most healers, and its unfun for the healers.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    I didn't read the patch notes, but did notice in arenas and bgs yesterday that i was completely blowing up priest healers compared to before, druids still gave me problems but priests just seemed like they were gimped, whereas before the patch i'd be hitting them for 10mins without their health even moving

- - - Updated - - -

also i think healers are a hard one to balance in pvp, for most of the time they are too strong where it takes 3 or 4 dps sitting on them to kill them, which makes it very unfun as a dps, but then you get a patch like this where dps can easily blow up most healers, and its unfun for the healers.
    Right now the only healers actually giving me problems are RDru and HPal, the other ones just melt. Even MWs who are tricky will explode in seconds now, if I can get to them.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama