10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You seriously overestimate the strength of defamation laws and how they relate to the press.
    Could be.
    Either way, if he can't sue, he can revoke. Can't Stump the Emperor much?
    Seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Personally, what I find objectionable, is that there's plenty of stuff wrong with Trump. There's all manner of conflicts of interest going on, and he should have been forced to publish his tax returns long ago. There's no need - at all - to run these fake news stories about him. Doing so only makes those media companies (and intel agencies), appear inept at best, and makes Trump look like a victim and underdog, which is ironically what got him elected to start with.

It also makes the CIA in particular look like idiots, since this story only got off the ground after they gave that briefing, and news of this was leaked to the press. And you really want me to believe that it's their job to brief the president on every false news article going? Seriously?
    it isnt their job, and they don't. that should be indicative of how seriously they are taking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Their ratings and trustworthiness fall, and people turn to more credible sources. They are accountable due to natural mechanisms of free market.
    I really want to believe that... But Breibart, Infowar and MSNBC has proved that this is not true :/
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - now Trump is on the left.

Wow - what a crazy ride this is, this morning he was on the right.
    Yeah its kind of bizarre to claim that the study of how overlapping identities form new dynamics is about separating people.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I really want to believe that... But Breibart, Infowar and MSNBC has proved that this is not true :/
    One of these three is not like the others

Do you think Trump's reaction today was too much? If so, why do you think that?
    Trump's reaction was a child like reaction, if he had maturely criticised the issue - he would have shown himself to be 'presidential'.

Breaking Godwin's law, then silencing some of the media outlets, then saying he was a germophobe and to 'trust me' ... all signs of a child.

So the answer to your question - he was justified in a response especially to the golden shower crap, but not at all like what he made.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    Could be.
    Either way, if he can't sue, he can revoke. Can't Stump the Emperor much?
    Seems so.
    You don't see a problem with restricting White House press access to favored outlets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    One of these three is not like the others
    You are right, Breibart is doing satire.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I wish you were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breitbart, Infowars and such are still very marginal sources, mostly read, AFAIK, by some frustrated Internet folks. The success of RT is a bit alarming, but RT is directly managed by one of the worst in terms of press regimes in the world, and you can hardly do anything about this kind of power, aside from forming a media aimed at directly countering RT.

Which, actually, is what should have been done long time ago! In Cold War times, Radio Liberty did a very good job at countering communist and nationalist propaganda. Nowadays, sadly, authoritarian propaganda isn't taken that seriously in the free world, and we see the results...
    Last edited by May90; 2017-01-12 at 02:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Their ratings and trustworthiness fall, and people turn to more credible sources. They are accountable due to natural mechanisms of free market.
    You know it doesn't work like that any more. This story only got as far as it did due to it being a click bait article. That's all "ratings" are these days. You also assume that there are credible sources in the media, despite all of the mainstream media being heavily biased, one way or the other.

Breibart purports to be real news, but isn't.

That's a big difference.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Trump's reaction was a child like reaction, if he had maturely criticised the issue - he would have shown himself to be 'presidential'.

Breaking Godwin's law, then silencing some of the media outlets, then saying he was a germophobe and to 'trust me' ... all signs of a child.

So the answer to your question - he was justified in a response especially to the golden shower crap, but not at all like what he made.
    Something we can definitely agree on, is that Trump is anything but the archetype of presidentiality. His personality is certainly unpresidented -- err unprecedented.

The question that I wonder, however, is that Trump faced the Russian criticism full front -- perhaps not giving satisfying answers, but still not refusing to face it. So this lead to ask if the isolation of a single journalist count as silencing the press, or if it is him forcefully holding the journalists accountable for their outlets.

I'm not taking a stance on Trump reaction. I just really like to see what people think of it.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    You know it doesn't work like that any more. This story only got as far as it did due to it being a click bait article. That's all "ratings" are these days. You also assume that there are credible sources in the media, despite all of the mainstream media being heavily biased, one way or the other.
    There is a difference between biased news and fake news. All news are biased in some way, but not all news are fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Silencing media is a 'victory' for you?
    In Trump's own words "What is this, Nazi Germany?"

Yo despite all that i call BS on him being a germophobe, how come hes always rolled in cheetos powder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Yo despite all that i call BS on him being a germophobe, how come hes always rolled in cheetos powder?
    He wants to be relatable to the average American, so he decided to mirror the specimens of Jersey Shores. (This is a joke)
    Google Diversity Memo

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    This just in, trusted MI6 british intelligence officer is none other then paddington bear!

10+ Year Old Account
    He wants to be relatable to the average American, so he decided to mirror the specimens of Jersey Shores. (This is a joke)
    No, Trump's appearance is directly related to what was popular in the 80s.

If you took the pervading mentality of that decade and distilled it into a single human being, you'd more than likely get Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    This just in, trusted MI6 british intelligence officer is none other then Paddington bear!
    I used to watch this when I was a kid. That guy/bear was creepy. And he was addicted to marmalade.

Oh my. That could explain Trump's orange teint and why Paddington has such a strong political agenda against him...
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Asange, said he didn't get the info. from Russia.
    Russia to random person, while handing them $5,000: "Hey, give this to WikiLeaks!"

Random Person: "OK."

Assange: "I didn't get it from Russia!"
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]