Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    If you know there's an ability in the fight that can cover your rune then don't stand in the middle of it. It's your own fault.
    Sometimes this is not possible, for instance Odyns spear of annoyance. However, when I drop the rune, I tend to move to max buff range on one side of it. That way if some random bs targets me and the damage radius isn't too big, I can just go to the other side of the rune.

Quote Originally Posted by mcrius View Post
    Sometimes this is not possible, for instance Odyns spear of annoyance. However, when I drop the rune, I tend to move to max buff range on one side of it. That way if some random bs targets me and the damage radius isn't too big, I can just go to the other side of the rune.
    Don't get me wrong, I do agree that the rune dancing mini-game is not fun to play, but it is possible to dodge most RNG by doing this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post
    Ya, there is. Its called Brambles. It wouldn't even take that much RNG.
    A random ability which tells you when it's about to appear, where it will, and that you can react perfectly fine to ?

The problem is mages who didn't look up the timers to decide when to plant the rune of power, not the rune of power itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Sorry for the slow website, I'm working on a fix, but not sure if/when it will be fixed.
    You should tell them how wonderful the discord is. As long as they abide the rules dutch.

But seriously guys even for someone who doesn't type out messages the discord is a great place to get information just like the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    A random ability which tells you when it's about to appear, where it will, and that you can react perfectly fine to ?

The problem is mages who didn't look up the timers to decide when to plant the rune of power, not the rune of power itself.
    You, and the other guy, do not understand how brambles works.

Yeah, it's so useful to be told where it spawns - oh, wait, no it isn't. Its completely worthless, because what matters is who it targets, which is not announced and cannot be determined without watching it for at least a second, and in practice closer to 2 seconds. It also moves fast enough that a single blink won't give you full RoP duration without having to run away again.

And this assumes it targets you. It could target someone else, who runs it into you. It could be targeted on someone else, you drop RoP, and it switches to you from close enough that you need to move immediately.

The problem is mages who think they're good, when they don't even understand the mechanics most people complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    RoP is worst mage talent after prismatic crystal
    So you really miss both of them at the same time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    It is amazing that the guy is still trying to explain a mechanic while not understanding that the fault is totally on his tunnel vision if he is not aware of the brambles, where they spawn, and who are they following, to prepare their ROP far away. It's not like mages do not have the mobility, and that Cenarius fight occurs on a tiny space.

RoP (w/ Sinew) is only simming about 3k dps higher than MI (w/ Bough) for me after messing around with my gear setup. It's weird having such low crit now (55%). I feel weaker, but it is not represented in the numbers. Mirror Image does some serious work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    RoP (w/ Sinew) is only simming about 3k dps higher than MI (w/ Bough) for me after messing around with my gear setup. It's weird having such low crit now (55%). I feel weaker, but it is not represented in the numbers. Mirror Image does some serious work now.
    im right there with you.. i have even lower crit 53% and yet numbers r there.. i have no idea how or why it works.. i do see a mage with higher crit doin 10 more crit pyros then me so his totals for everything else is higher but i cant get crit over 55 so i gave up and my numbers r better then pre patch

So after 1800 haste, crit is primary stat as always, or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    It is amazing that the guy is still trying to explain a mechanic while not understanding that the fault is totally on his tunnel vision if he is not aware of the brambles, where they spawn, and who are they following, to prepare their ROP far away. It's not like mages do not have the mobility, and that Cenarius fight occurs on a tiny space.
    If you're doing the zerg strat you have roughly a quarter of the platform available in total, and only half of that is in range of Cenarius. Please stop talking to me like you've ever been better than me, because you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    No, they aren't RNG.

Everyone who complains about RoP is a terrible player. You know when every mechanic is going to happen. It's your fault for using it 3 seconds before something could pick you and force you to move, and its effect has like a 10+ yard radius. Look at your buffs. You should've been using a WA to track the buff + time left so you could move around in it and know when you're still getting it.
    maybe in heroic difficulty you can do this, and/or afford to eat the dmg if something like brambles targets you, but you have to be playing heroic only if you're never had to abandon a RoP due to a random mechanic.

What I find really odd is that Versatility is now my top secondary stat for all three specs.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    maybe in heroic difficulty you can do this, and/or afford to eat the dmg if something like brambles targets you, but you have to be playing heroic only if you're never had to abandon a RoP due to a random mechanic.
    Nope, I never had that problem in mythic.

Intellect got boosted big time this patch. My 880 intel trinket is now simming higher than ruby for ST, which definitely wasn't the case in the previous patch. Ruby/ mastery is still way better for aoe though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    That was the persons point. If you are delaying it then you are not getting the full uptime % you should be getting throught the fight which means ur losing dps.
    You could dance around your RoP and avoid fixated brambles. Off course you wasted all 3 on-move casts, but hey...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Off course you wasted all 3 on-move casts, but hey...
    What on the move casts, icy floes got removed which is what the point of this was over mostly (we have scorch, instant or procs only on the move)
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    What on the move casts, icy floes got removed which is what the point of this was over mostly (we have scorch, instant or procs only on the move)
    yes, i was talking about spending your 3 stacks of icy floes to dance on top of your rune, now you can't do that obviously without screwing up RoP, which is totally fine - i used to do that only because i can, if i knew that i can't cast fireballs on the move - i wouldn't drop RoP near brambles
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    RIP my trinkets 2017, thanks blizzard, now I can spend another 2 months farming different ones.

Blizzard HQ
    Same problem. I literally just got an 880 Sinew and had an 870 Ruby.

Never been lucky with other trinkets so I'm kind of fucked now...
    Thanks Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    yes, i was talking about spending your 3 stacks of icy floes to dance on top of your rune, now you can't do that obviously without screwing up RoP, which is totally fine - i used to do that only because i can, if i knew that i can't cast fireballs on the move - i wouldn't drop RoP near brambles

Quote Originally Posted by kzn View Post
    If you're doing the zerg strat you have roughly a quarter of the platform available in total, and only half of that is in range of Cenarius. Please stop talking to me like you've ever been better than me, because you haven't.
    ^ your response was before you even commented.

Mythic tactic zerging you stand like kzn says using a tiny section of the platform and brambles are not always obvious to who they are following or where they will spawn, you cannot plan around RNG and even with floes you could get screwed over.

This is one fight but there are many examples where movement cannot be helped and you WILL have to move regardless of having floes or not.

(not to mention the element of people standing on top of you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.