Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Quick enhancement survey! :D

Who here liked the pre 7.1.5 hailstorm/tempest enhancement build, how much you liked it and why?

For me it was the best enhancer I ever played since wotlk. I liked it because it had a fair ammount of strengths and weaknesses while giving me some epic chains of stromstrike that made me feel like I could solo any raidboss while not being trash when nothing procced either.

Deleted
    Current enhancement spec offers nothing. Bad single target dps, worst AOE ingame.

I like the complexity, but it offers nothing currently. I tried it for 6 hours, after that i picked my arms warrior and did wqs with him. I dunno. Later, i invested 1 hour into elemental rotation, but i have no legendaries for Elemental. It looks better to just start over with a fresh character.

To be honest, i dont like windsong. With Tempest, it becomes brainless SS spam again. I liked OC, but not going to play it a lot because it's too weak on cleave and even ST with 4p. OC fehlt a lot more complicated, but it's actually fun.

In my humble opinion the 7.1 enhance was the best spec I had ever played, everything just felt right and everything "enhanced" everything else, a lot of good synergy.

Now it's a clunky mess, nothing seems to line up and i'm just hitting things as they come up. There's zero flow and whenever it would start to feel smooth it'd quickly get awkard again. I'm giving it more time, but elemental is looking like a funner option now.

As for dps, it's lower. A lot of that is the rotation not being mastered but it feels like a lot more work for less reward.

In closing blizz have turned my favourite spec in my ~10 years of playing into a spec i'm longer that interested in playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    In my humble opinion the 7.1 enhance was the best spec I had ever played, everything just felt right and everything "enhanced" everything else, a lot of good synergy.

Now it's a clunky mess, nothing seems to line up and i'm just hitting things as they come up. There's zero flow and whenever it would start to feel smooth it'd quickly get awkard again. I'm giving it more time, but elemental is looking like a funner option now.

As for dps, it's lower. A lot of that is the rotation not being mastered but it feels like a lot more work for less reward.

In closing blizz have turned my favourite spec in my ~10 years of playing into a spec i'm longer that interested in playing.
    I sign everything you said

shit aoe shit single target, too many abilities to manage without turning into a clusterfuck, bad survivability as far as defensive's go, i honestly dont think we do anything better than any class now

This

For what i heared MM hunters are in the same spot

So much this.

New 7.1.5 build is awful, blizz just proves again they don't know how to balance and whoever is in charge of shamans have no idea how it works or what the players think about the spec.

really hope they revert us this change is just aids

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im willing to keep giving it a go but so far I absolutely loathe the current spec.

Tempest/Hailstorm I can take or leave. I fucking hate rockbiter.

I am also very unhappy with the newest patch, it doesn't feel good and is not rewarding to play... considering to roll ele or just pause for a few months

It will be nice to try something else for a change, the old rotation was getting a bit stale considering we never ever changed talents.

715 Enhancement feels needlessly busy, there are too many things shouting for your attention at once. I'm willing to give it another go when the 4 piece drops and I can see how it feels with that, but for now I've already made the decision to switch to Ele, meatball build feels smooth as silk.

It feels very klunky atm. Spamming Rockbiter to fill time is really stupid. Additionally you don't have to track a lot of things which makes it quite boring to me.

Just tested the spec for around 10 minutes on puppet. DPS dipped in burst and sustain. But it might be the inexperience and this seemingly stealth nerf on SA.

Deleted
    Well 7.1 rotation was very smooth. It had great st and overall decent aoe.
    Now we have shit aoe and shitty st, a stupid unsmooth rotation and hs is that bad that even if u have wrists and ring it is still not worth taking...

They basically ruined a spec I loved to play for my whole wow time in literally 1.5 months of ptr testing while getting feedback from players...
    Basically they showed us that they care again less for shamans than for every other class. Just look at the dh performances pre 7.1.5 and now. There is just a dps increase.
    We got a big dps downgrade and 2 single target legendarys turned into bullshit over night.

After nearly 7 years of playing I'm pissed that shamans are always the last class who may get something fixed and get a good class design. Best example: unleash doom does not progcc as frost damage... Just shows how bad it is designed
    Last edited by mmoca1f07e1cb2; 2017-01-12 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    I share all your thoughts about 7.1.5.
    What is worse, all these changes came when Watcher said that other talents arent utilized at all and that it needs to change.
    They didnt care players are happy with enha, they just cared about players not changing talents per fight basis.
    Maybe Wather is Incriptionist and respec tomes werent selling good enough

Deleted
    i look forward to 4pcs t19 where tempest and hot hand be a go skills, and game play will be similar to 7.1 ? i dislike it now, theres like 8-9 buttons to keep rotating, and if u play it perfectly and i mean perfectly not wasting a 1 maelstorm, and using ability's in right moment with perfect use of CD's we do 1-2% ore dmg then in 7.1 and only 80-90k dps less then. dh, warr, rogues, palas, monks...etc

Deleted

What you said is just perfect

I loved 7.1 enhance. The only issue I ever had with it was the sometimes awkward process of keeping uptime on both buffs, but all in all it wasn't too much of a chore, and in every other respect the class felt very, very well thought out. Smoothest rotation I've ever played.

I raided heroic ToV/mythic EN the other night with the new spec... I've got a few takeaways.

1)Clunky is the main word I'd use to describe it now. Sure, some of this was unwinding months of muscle memory to do certain new things and stop doing certain old things, but this isn't the first time I've done that, and this was a pretty maddening process.

2)Keeping FoA up is an awkward mess and if you ever have to reactivate it (long downtime, use too much maelstrom) it feels like you have to reexamine the whole rotation just to get back in the flow. Maybe that's just me being slow.

3) I don't mind the lightning bolt proc being thrown into the rotation. The big crit is fun. Could do without it though.

4) I totally forgot how annoying rockbiter is vs. landslide. Even with the buff to maelstrom generation. I was already getting carpal tunnel from the old spec, this is worse.

As it stands, I'm considering stopping enhance altogether. The fun of the spec is kinda gone, but I'll give it some time to be sure. The main quesiton I keep asking myself is, why did they kill the old spec? It was popular, it worked, it wasn't OP... so why?

SA guy stealth nerfed today too guys, Blizzard loves us enh shaman's

I love shaman and I was loving enhanc. This patch destroyed it for me, and to make things worse, I'm at 48 traits with enhanc. So much invested just to be crushed in a patch like this.

I always played elemental, despite all its problems and how blizz never cared about it, but decided to go enhanc this expansion because of how cool it was. Now I feel I should start investing in elemental.