We need to talk about ice barrier...

The visuals... they've needed an update for like over half a decade now.. but with this latest patch... compared to arcane and fire barriers, this thing looks like ultra dated vs some inspired particle and barrier effects.

@Blizzard, please make frost look good again. More than numbers and mechanics, the number one goal of frost mages, is to look good and cool with their barriers.

I have to agree, why update two and not frost? Its just a night and day difference.

They didn't "update" any barriers, they added 2 new ones for the specs that were sharing that ugly Ice Barrier.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

15+ Year Old Account
    the new barriers arent even good looking, its just a big circle around u...

i wish the new barriers would at least stay in place instead of following the camera. they look okish, but moving around like that is ugly.

at least ice barrier doesn't do that. but it does need a visual upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    the new barriers arent even good looking, its just a big circle around u...
    o_____________o

This is one of those opinions that is so discordant with my sensibilities it's no different than someone saying that Tesla cars are ugly and the nissan leaf is where the real beauty of design lives.

The new barriers look lovely, the only downside is that that make you stick out more, not that they last more than a microsecond after being sneezed on by a melee or a melee tossing some ranged weapon at you.

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    The visuals... they've needed an update for like over half a decade now.. but with this latest patch... compared to arcane and fire barriers, this thing looks like ultra dated vs some inspired particle and barrier effects.

@Blizzard, please make frost look good again. More than numbers and mechanics, the number one goal of frost mages, is to look good and cool with their barriers.
    Have you seen new barriers? Sure, they look better because there are fuzzy orange and purple effects made, but all of Mage barriers are the same 2D ellipsis that look terrible if you raise camera above your character. Sure, Blizz can make prettier icicles, but for me it won't be a notable improvement

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    o_____________o

This is one of those opinions that is so discordant with my sensibilities it's no different than someone saying that Tesla cars are ugly and the nissan leaf is where the real beauty of design lives.

The new barriers look lovely, the only downside is that that make you stick out more, not that they last more than a microsecond after being sneezed on by a melee or a melee tossing some ranged weapon at you.
    I wouldnt have gone that far with ur comparison but ok then...

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    at least ice barrier doesn't do that.
    Man, you're in for a disappointment.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2017-01-12 at 01:17 PM.

The greatest problem about those new barriers is that I always click other mages to go through their portals.

Greatest issue with the new barriers is the complete variance over how much they absorb.

Fire's is barely worth casting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Man, you're in for a disappointment.
    it spins, but it doesn't go up and down like these others.

side to side is fine, up and down is not imo.

Still think the Frost looks the best.

Deleted
    2d model in 2017 :]
    Fire has 180k absorb on arenas, Dh 1 autoatack and gone.