MM Class Synergy

Now that SW is no longer competitive in most settings I'm really not seeing how the class ties together and how our skills and procs are supposed to interact with each other.

Marked shot damage isn't increased by vulnerable anymore and spamming arcane shot + marked shot it the cases were you chain procs results in a dps lost. Apparently the best way to play is to ignore the procs and hard spamming arcane shot to 120 focus and then marked shot + 3 aimed shots.

Where does windburst fit in this rotation? Other than the opener the vulnerable you get from windburst is completely useless. You are either at 120 focus in which case you literally just replace marked shot with this skill that does more damage and do your normal 3 aimed shots or you just dumped 3 aimed shots and cast windburst for the damage letting the vulnerable go to waste. After 45 seconds you then randomly call in some birds to do some damage and we call it a day.

Half our skills have literally no synergy, our proc is completely useless, the rotation doesn't change ever, and on top of that we do zero damage. What's this spec doing?

Edit: Did you guys know we have a passive called Bombardment? Crits with multi shot increases multi shot damage by 60%, that gave me a good laugh when I realized we "use" this now.
    Last edited by lordbamf; 2017-01-12 at 10:17 PM.

Pretty accurate analysis.
    Devs on the goon basically.

And don't forget that your opener damage completely depends on Legacy of the Windrunners proc.

It has Blizzard's class fantasy at least.

Someone on the hunter Discord even managed to make a macro for the rotation and it fucking works. If a spec can be played with a macro, something is fucking wrong.

If this is a (justified) cry post then ok. If you're actually looking for input here's how you should be viewing Windburst: it's a much stronger application of Marked Shot with a longer Vulnerable window. The way I've been using it is to keep it on CD. At points of low focus, use it to regenerate focus with Arcane Shot into a 2x Aimed Shot vulnerable window just like any Marked Shot proc. During periods of high focus, use it as a better marked shot window: Windburst -> Aimed Shot -> Arcane -> 2x Aimed. You frontload the Aimed so as not to overcap focus and it sets you up into a healthier rotation for your next Marked Shot window. The "synergy" of Windburst is it's extremely high DPF and its ability to either increase DPS during low focus periods or increase DPS during high focus periods by providing a better focus dump window.

Marked shot procs are for buffing your cleave and AoE. If you aren't doing vastly superior stacked AoE/Cleave damage in 7.1.5 you are playing very, very wrong. An 18% nerf to Marked Shot does absolutely not offset the 40% more procs we're getting from Marking Targets moving from 5 RPPM to 7 RPPM. Remember that Marked Shot is a wash for DPF with Aimed and a loss when Patient Sniper is considered for single target. However, if you have even 1 additional target Marked is substantially better DPF. Use it every time you get a proc and if you have legendary belt (like me) use Multi-Shot instead of Arcane Shot during your Aimed Shot dumps, but follow the 2x Aimed Shot rotation as per usual. Use this only to prevent overcapping focus, Marked Shot is superb on 2-target cleaving. On 3-targets+, use Marked Shot on every conceivable proc, even if it means overcapping focus.

Azor's new Single Target rotation is ideal. Follow that for single target marked shot procs. The synergy is off, absolutely, but that's just the cost of doing business with an ability that triple dips single target, cleave and AoE.

Deleted
    yep feels really bad to have procs which you are not supposed to use... especially when you spam araneshots and every 3-4th is a procc (sometimes even 3 in a row) I mean what kinda of a lass design is this?

Feels so wrong basically they could delete windburst allready since it's only a better markedshot when it comes to ST...

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It has Blizzard's class fantasy at least.

Someone on the hunter Discord even managed to make a macro for the rotation and it fucking works. If a spec can be played with a macro, something is fucking wrong.
    Where that macro at? This class is already shit to play, might as well make it a single button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MostGraceNA View Post
    Where that macro at? This class is already shit to play, might as well make it a single button.
    /castsequence reset=5 a murder of crows, Windburst, trueshot, aimed shot, arcane shot, aimed shot, aimed shot, aimed shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, marked shot, aimed shot, aimed shot, aimed shot

/castsequence reset=5 arcane shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, marked shot, Windburst, arcane shot, arcane shot, aimed shot, aimed shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, marked shot, aimed shot, aimed shot, aimed shot

thats what i found on the discord, but it came with a disclaimer..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbamf View Post
    Half our skills have literally no synergy, our proc is completely useless, the rotation doesn't change ever, and on top of that we do zero damage. What's this spec doing?
    These are exactly my thoughts. I mean those dps numbers can be fixed, but it is the playstyle that is worrying me!!! It feels clunky and it is extremely boring. Switching targets? It's worse than ever before. (as far as I can remember) And finally, now I actually feel bad when I get a procc. Because I have to ignore most of them.

MM rotation could work if they removed Focus as a resource. (for MM only ofcourse) Just replace the bar with something that shows how long the target is vulnerable or smth. or hell even give them mana again lol

Then it would be windburst, 3 aim, arcane spam, marked, 3 aim and just throw out crows, explosive, barrage(on aoe), black arrow, piercing on CD. (if talented into one or more of those)

edit: oh and trueshot would be arcane - marked - arcane - marked repeat
    Last edited by notawizard; 2017-01-12 at 12:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post
    These are exactly my thoughts. I mean those dps numbers can be fixed, but it is the playstyle that is worrying me!!! It feels clunky and it is extremely boring. Switching targets? It's worse than ever before. (as far as I can remember) And finally, now I actually feel bad when I get a procc. Because I have to ignore most of them.
    this is the worst feeling ever. OH A PROCC... can't use it... OH ANOTHER PROC... still can't use it... OH IT PROCCED AGAIN... can not use it!!!! and so on until you can finally use your aimeshots to restart the madness...

I do not even understand how not using your p´roccs at all can be a valid class design... esepcially since that patch made 3/5 MM legendaries useless (In terms of ST).
    Last edited by mmocdb0456d826; 2017-01-12 at 12:41 PM.

im sick of this new MM... im rolling the old specc just cause it fells more natural and fun to me...
    even tho i have constant issues with focus now cause of the sidewinders nerf.. and even though my barrage is like hitting stuff with a cloth piece...
    at least im having fun playing it... so kkthxbye

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    this is the worst feeling ever. OH A PROCC... can't use it... OH ANOTHER PROC... still can't use it... OH IT PROCCED AGAIN... can not use it!!!! and so on until you can finally use your aimeshots to restart the madness...

I do not even understand how not using your p´roccs at all can be a valid class design... esepcially since that patch made 3/5 MM legendaries useless (In terms of ST).

this is what it's like now seeing that marked shot button (that used to make you smile everytime it lit up previously) , it used to be that fine girl that finally let you hit it, now she's been replaced by a tease that cucks you 24/7 by flashing you.

Deleted
    I agree to 100%.

Deleted
    i really respect you op, for writing that so serious without flaming blizzard

fu blizzard

nerfing the old SW build just uncovered the shit baseline design spec that should've never made it past alpha. glad people are finally seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    And don't forget that your opener damage completely depends on Legacy of the Windrunners proc.
    Yeah I don't know why those arrows count as aimed shots and stack True Aim but the marked shot procs are classified as a different skill; not that marked shots stack True Aim anyway but it was weird for me when I first unlocked it and was analyzing logs.

If you get a LotW proc on the first aimed shot and stack up True Aim immediately it's a pretty big difference and it's super rng considering we need crits to have a good opener in the first place.