Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Runic Empowerment currently bugged

Frost DK's Runic Empowerment passive was changed to 1.5% chance to restore a rune, however it won't sometimes.

Whenever your runic power is above 66.66 you should have a 100% chance to restore a rune when using frost strike, but it does not all the time, even using frost strike with 100 runic power won't restore a rune rather often. you can easily test this on a training dummy.

can someone confirm that this is not a problem on my side? i already handed in a bug report

25 * 1.5 = 37.5% chance to generate a rune per Frost Strike

Deleted
    Runic Empowerment
    Requires Death Knight (Frost)
    When you spend Runic Power, you have a 1.5% chance per Runic Power spent to gain a Rune.

It's 1.5% per runic power you spend not how much runic power you have.

37.5% chance per Frost Strike.
    67.5% per Death Strike.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2017-01-11 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emkaix View Post
    Frost DK's Runic Empowerment passive was changed to 1.5% chance to restore a rune, however it won't sometimes.

Whenever your runic power is above 66.66 you should have a 100% chance to restore a rune when using frost strike, but it does not all the time, even using frost strike with 100 runic power won't restore a rune rather often. you can easily test this on a training dummy.

can someone confirm that this is not a problem on my side? i already handed in a bug report
    I'm not sure if you're a troll or not, but it has a 1.5% chance to restore a rune *per Runic Power spent*, regardless of what your current Runic Power level is. For example, if you cast Frost Strike, you have a 25 * 1.5% = 37.5% chance to restore a rune.

New rule, every time someone posts the number 37.5 in this thread, everybody has to take a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    New rule, every time someone posts the number 37.5 in this thread, everybody has to take a drink.
    Only if the first shot is bleach, and every other is ammonia.

No, this has definitely been adjusted in this patch whether intentional or accidental. Many frost dks are currently experiencing slower game play and less runes regenerated, with several forum posts created.

Posted on dk discord and was told that our runic empowerment was nerfed in the patch. Or more specifically, it was a bug that gave us more runes than it should have and was fixed.

"So back in 7.0, Runic Empowerment's tooltip read 1% chance per point of RP spent.

In actuality, Blizzard intended for it to be 1.5%, and it was 1.5% in the game.

The issue came in with the fact that on top of that 1.5%, you had abilities behaving as if you had spent an additional 20% Runic Power."

If this is true, it's really unfortunate that we required a bug in order to feel smooth in our game play. Bugfix or not, this is a flat nerf to a spec already middle tier while everyone else had their damaged increased, ugh.

25 * 1.5 = 37.5% chance to generate a rune per Frost Strike
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that is not how you calculate probabilities. The actual chance to gain a rune per frost strike is 31.466%

1-(985/1000)^25 = 0.31466, its called complementary probability
    Last edited by CodeDonkey; 2017-01-11 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeDonkey View Post
    I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that is not how you calculate probabilities. The actual chance to gain a rune per frost strike is 31.466%

1-(985/1000)^25 = 0.31466, its called complementary probability

the old chance:

1-(99/100)^25 = 0.22217, or 22.217% to generate a rune from frost strike. Its a decent buff
    Rubbish, that is entirely dependent on the implementation of the algorithm. Unless you have proof in the form of significant numbers that blizzard rolls once for each point of RP you are just spouting garbage.

From the tooltip:
    "When you spend Runic Power, you have a 1.5% chance per Runic Power spent to gain a rune"

You could word it differently to find easy answers online:
    "When you roll the dye, you have a 16.6% (1/6) chance per roll to show a 6"

If you rolled that dice 25 times, you would not have a 1/6 * 25 = 415% chance to show a 6, as would be the result using earlier maths in this thread. You would have 1-(5/6)^25 = 98.95% chance to show a 6
    Last edited by CodeDonkey; 2017-01-11 at 09:57 PM.

So you have nothing to back it up and just guess because you've read that in your probability textbook?

From a programming perspective it is certainly a very ineffective way to get a probability based result and basing this on the wording is dodgy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    From a programming perspective it is certainly a very ineffective way to get a probability based result and basing this on the wording is dodgy at best.
    I agree. Assuming Warcraft Logs has everything correct, I'll find out with a small sample size (maybe code something up with a bigger sample size using their API later)

Edit: heres my small sample size. Its the top 10 frost dk's on mythic Odyn (and the other frost dk's in their guild).

Based on this small sample size it looks like Runic Empowerment took a minor nerf. More data is needed
    Last edited by CodeDonkey; 2017-01-11 at 10:54 PM.

I would be very surprised if it works that way, as 25 individual 1.5% chances.

I agree. Assuming Warcraft Logs has everything correct, I'll find out with a small sample size (maybe code something up with a bigger sample size using their API later)

Edit: heres my small sample size. Its the top 10 frost dk's on mythic Odyn (and the other frost dk's in their guild).

Based on this small sample size it looks like Runic Empowerment took a minor nerf. More data is needed
    Borrowing your Excel-sheet. Posted on some of the forumposts in the official forum.

Deleted
    I would be very surprised if it works that way, as 25 individual 1.5% chances.
    To go further, it definitely doesnt work that way because then you would get more than 1 rune occassionally aswell.
    You always get a either 0 or 1 rune, so it´s clearly one roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play a DK. How much does Frost Strike cost? Take that number x 1.5 = your % chance of restoring that rune. That's how I would perceive the tooltip's description. It's only based on your runic power spent, not your total; Having more RP than the ability costs won't increase your chances. Right?

Am I making sense? Does that make sense?
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-01-12 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Does anything ever make sense?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Thank you. After reading your post I checked my warcraftlogs and can confirm that Runic Empowerment is indeed bugged or got nerfed with 7.1.5.

Guarm: 2,55% down to 1,93%
    Odyn: 2,09% down to 1,63%

This also supports the comments of several FDKs @Discord and in official Forums that our rotation in 7.1.5 fells very cluncky.
    In fact this bug is not even minor. With 7.1.5 we get around 25% less Runes per spent Runepower.
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2017-01-12 at 12:39 PM.
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

So that's why BoS barely generates any runes for me. Good to know, hoping for a hotfix soon.

@CodeDonkey

Would be great and very helpful for reporting this, if you would be able to extrapolate a bigger sample size per warcraftlogs API.
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

7+ Year Old Account
    there has been many reports about this. need to fraps it and send to Magdalena @ Discord.