Thread: Season 9

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Sadly the new client runs like utter shit when there's tornados and if you're in a group you're forced to run the 32bit client, it's absolute trash tier in terms of performance, drops to 20 fps when fighting Kulle or other guardians with tornado like abilities. That's on a 1080 and 4690k @ 4.4Ghz
    Not tornadoes as much, but sure as hell party makes the new client unusable.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am wondering, why did they add an amulet to Akhan's? The only way I can see mixing sets is Akhan with Invoker but is that in any way worthwhile?
    Mix and match with other legendaries. If you're not using EW set, neck slot is basically always Hellfire. If you don't absolutely need another passive, then you have an additional slot. I didn't do much research though with it.

Last time i was trying to recreate a Shotgun build, but it didn't go well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Not tornadoes as much, but sure as hell party makes the new client unusable.
    Mine just dive from 140 to 25 as soon as a tornado is on screen, making it unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Mine just dive from 140 to 25 as soon as a tornado is on screen, making it unplayable.
    Nice to know that then. It's sad anyway - the new client makes the game a lot more visually enjoying for me. Solo didn't have any issue (but i don't use tornadoes) but as soon we were in two OMG DELETE.

My buddy playing a Crusader switched to the Hammer spec, it completely fucks the game performance up and outright breaks the sound of the game whenever I'm near him while he's using this build, and apparently it's the same on his end. I think in terms of performance this patch is an embaressment.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    A fix has been deployed that should resolve many of the 64-bit client issues since the release of Patch 2.4.3
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752620685

Ok. Aplocalypse Firebird is insanely awesome. You can check in sig for the seasonal wizard.

PEW PEW PEW METEORS EVERYWHERE.
    Can you explain how to play your build, or the Firebirds set in general? I have never used this set. Not sure how to spread the ignites etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    Can you explain how to play your build, or the Firebirds set in general? I have never used this set. Not sure how to spread the ignites etc.
    Most of it will be based off the Etched Sigil offhand (usually cubed) so when you channel something like disintegrate or arcane torrent it fires off the required 3 fire spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    Firebird in set requires you to use at least 3 different fire spells to trigget the big dot and the stack bonus. Point is, until you're in really high GRs where you can stack a good amount of monsters you won't even have the time to use the spells usually - anyway it's a prtty good spec for sniping (running throught he rift for huge groups or elites) because you'll get istantly max stacks if an elite is ignited.

I am currently experimenting with different setups. Here's the first one i came out with http://www.d3planner.com/212179722

However i recently found that Energy twister paired with Twisted Sword is a great damage dealer and very nice to apply the ignite - however it's a little less controllable hence i don't know what the effective damage is. Also: too many spenders make the spec actually less reliable. You want to focus on a single one big damage dealer and couple it with other two with a cooldown if possible. That's because if you have two spammable spells (example, Meteor and Blizzard) you don't have a meaningful way to trigger it and they are basically fired at random each second, leading to inconsistent results.

Last: i found myself really comfortable with EB+Orb. Great damage reduction and small dmg increase. Easy to have it up 100% of the time since you can cast it manually and channelling will cast it again independently. However it has a low cd hence it will impact your "main spender" spam. But overall i think it's a nice strategy.

Playstyle: port into groups precasting EB to avoid the delay and keep your channel up. With the belt it becomes essentially free and AP won't even budge. You can use stuff like EB or Black Hole freely, however you cannot spam your main spender. Hunt for elites, they will melt in seconds.

I was about paragon 430 before I finally got Akarat's for my thorns set, definitly a new record. Took forever to find a hack, aquila's and traveler's pledge aswell. Good thing the Thorns set by itself can clear reasonably well.

That aside, does anyone else feel like GR's are worse now? It happens pretty often that I get a level that I just run through because there's no white packs dense enough to be worth killing, aside from maybe 1 elite pack (which isn't an ideal clear either), not to mention that just about all of them go 3-4 levels deep, even had a few at 6 levels deep. I haven't played in a while but I can't remember it being like this in the past. Maybe it's just more noticeable because Thornsader depends on high density so much.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2017-01-12 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    That aside, does anyone else feel like GR's are worse now? It happens pretty often that I get a level that I just run through becaise there's no white packs dense enough to be worth killing, aside from maybe 1 elite pack (which isn't an ideal clear either), not to mention that just about all of them go 3-4 levels deep, even had a few at 6 levels deep. I haven't played in a while but I can't remember it being like this in the past. Maybe it's just more noticeable because Thornsader depends on high density so much.
    Uhm, they have made changes so ideally you should be able to complete a GR between level 2 and 4. Tbh this is good as i cannot stand half assed dragged out empty rifts till level 6 or 7. Anyway i agree partially: i've seen too many "tubular" rifts which are really empty/not dense enough; i love the fact we don't have anymore long and dragged out dead ends or convoluted layouts, but some of these corridors are definitely too empty.

For the rest i like the new layout generally. If density is right progress is very streamlined and doesn't depends as much as before on the right monsters comp. Only sometimes there's too few monsters and layout isn't much varied as before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how every time they try to fix Grifts, they seem to end up breaking them somehow XD.

Also: Really digging Helltooth Pets, but I wish there was some way to direct your pets... It's hella annoying to fight a rift guardian with adds, and watch your pets spend 90% of the time hitting the adds and totally ignoring the boss.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I love how every time they try to fix Grifts, they seem to end up breaking them somehow XD.

Also: Really digging Helltooth Pets, but I wish there was some way to direct your pets... It's hella annoying to fight a rift guardian with adds, and watch your pets spend 90% of the time hitting the adds and totally ignoring the boss.
    Best advice for helltooth is summoning the pets again on top of what you want them to smack. It was the best for Gargs of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Best advice for helltooth is summoning the pets again on top of what you want them to smack. It was the best for Gargs of course.
    Yeah, I've started doing that... sucks for Grift bosses that rapidly recast adds though, the CD is way too long to keep resummoning.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Got to love what they have done to arcane packs. Instead of getting those huge beams appearing little by little, you get 10 of the things appearing right on top of you all at once and killing you instantly.

Seems like the Blizzard hatred of melee is never going to end. I picked a bad season to try crusader.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxter View Post
    So... anyone still playing? :P
    JK
    Im gonna try WW Barb again since they buffed him a little. But probably still it wont get high.
    WW Barb is pretty good now - The didn't "buff him a little", WW can do +10 GRs above what they were previously capable of, at LEAST.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I was about paragon 430 before I finally got Akarat's for my thorns set, definitly a new record. Took forever to find a hack, aquila's and traveler's pledge aswell. Good think the Thorns set by itself can clear reasonably well.

That aside, does anyone else feel like GR's are worse now? It happens pretty often that I get a level that I just run through becaise there's no white packs dense enough to be worth killing, aside from maybe 1 elite pack (which isn't an ideal clear either), not to mention that just about all of them go 3-4 levels deep, even had a few at 6 levels deep. I haven't played in a while but I can't remember it being like this in the past. Maybe it's just more noticeable because Thornsader depends on high density so much.
    Out of the 10 or so GRs I've done, I've only had 1 "bad" floor - Not rift mind you, just a floor, second floor. Fairly sparse mobs, and the mobs weren't worth many points, and there was only a couple elite packs.

I get that Blizz is trying to diversify rifts, but leave that to the regular ones - Greater rifts should have a higher lvl of homogeneity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Seems like the Blizzard hatred of melee is never going to end. I picked a bad season to try crusader.
    I have noticed that Arcane packs are far more... Trigger happy, than they used to be. I figured it was just me though.

As for Crusader, Thornsader is awesome because you can stack defensive stats and still deal great damage. Makes playing melee a bit less... Masochistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I have noticed that Arcane packs are far more... Trigger happy, than they used to be. I figured it was just me though.

As for Crusader, Thornsader is awesome because you can stack defensive stats and still deal great damage. Makes playing melee a bit less... Masochistic.
    It's great when you have all those items that add to your damage reduction. But so far I have precisely zero of the items I need to go with my thorns set. Not seen a single item drop yet. So I'm rocking a weird mashup of whatever items I've managed to cobble together. Makes me a fair bit....flimsy.

I'm sure it will be great once I fill in the gaps though. Loving the playstyle for it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Uhm, they have made changes so ideally you should be able to complete a GR between level 2 and 4. Tbh this is good as i cannot stand half assed dragged out empty rifts till level 6 or 7. Anyway i agree partially: i've seen too many "tubular" rifts which are really empty/not dense enough; i love the fact we don't have anymore long and dragged out dead ends or convoluted layouts, but some of these corridors are definitely too empty.

For the rest i like the new layout generally. If density is right progress is very streamlined and doesn't depends as much as before on the right monsters comp. Only sometimes there's too few monsters and layout isn't much varied as before.
    Yeah, as I said, I think it might just be more noticeable since I'm playing Thornsader, which kinda wants to have a good deal of mobs hitting away at him to get CDR procs from Akarat's Awakening. I have my second crusader with the Hammerdin set now, I'll see what that gives, though that set seems squishy as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'm sure it will be great once I fill in the gaps though. Loving the playstyle for it.
    Yeah, I found the same thing last season, with my Thornsader... I was terrible for ages, then I got lucky with a few peices and suddenly I was fucking unstoppable.

It's a fun build but you REALLY need a few key drops before it shines. I'm actually tempted to go back to my non season thornsader once I've got the pet this season.