Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyspeed View Post
    Precast Fireball/pyro depending on your potion (prolonged = pyro, deadly grace = fireball).
    Use Mirror Image
    Cast Cinderstorm and use combustion right before the cast ends (Use meteor instead if you are using that for whatever reason).
    Cast Phoenix Flames (And Fire Blast if your initial precast didnt crit)
    Cycle Pyroblast -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> Fire Blast -> Phoenix Flames -> Pyroblast etc till everything is used (If you have dragons breath helm make sure to use it at the end of the combustion)

After your burst is over you use (in order of priority)
    1) Dragons Breath with Helm
    2) Cinderstorm/Meteor (If meteor, you should use it only once between combustions. The explanation to this is at the bottom).
    3) Phoenix Flame if you have 3 stacks ONLY
    4) Fireball/FireBlast/Pyro combos

you constantly cast fireball if the above top 3 priorities are unavailable. If during your fireball casts you get a heating up, you cast Fire Blast and instantly use pyroblast to chain at the end of the fireball cast. You NEVER use pyroblast without a fireball at the same time (if you want an explanation of why, message me and ill explain things in more detail.)

Repeat the above till your MI/Combustion is back and from there you repeat the opener.

Math for Meteor:
    If meteor is a 45s CD and Combustion is a 120s CD. Your meteor will come up at 45s, 90s, 135s. That means if you do NOT use it on CD and only use 1 between combustions, you will sit on a meteor for (120-90)s which is 30s. If you sit on a meteor for 30s, thats essentially 66% of a meteor 'wasted'. Combustion guarantees a crit (i dont think meteor applies ignite so that mastery buff would be irrelevant). If combustion guarantees a crit, that means it doubles the damage of meteor or essentially an extra 100% of a meteor. If you are wasting 66% of a meteor by saving it, but getting 100% extra damage. However, mages already have circa 45% crit chance currently, so the odds of meteor not critting would be 55%. So essentially we can add (0.45*66) to the 66% 'wasted' meteor. 0.45*66 is 95.7% 'wasted' meteor. Only using 1 meteor between each combustion means we waste 95.7% of a meteor but we gain 100% of a meteor. Ofcourse, 100 > 95.7. Therefore I worked out that its better to save meteor than not. If you cannot fit another combustion in before the fight ends, you should use meteor on CD then ofcourse. If anyone disagrees with my math please let me know. (Sorry for the crappy lay out, wanted a more explanatory approach to the math rather than complete numbers).

I did all these sims and theorycrafting myself so it might not be perfect but im pretty confident in my results tbh
    45% crit ? I have 60% crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stopshort View Post
    Same thing happen to me, Guess i'll be on the bench come nighthold
    Yeah, mages were just barely above tanks on almost all bosses last night through a 7/7M 2/3M 3/3H clear, on most fights weren't close and in some cases literally half of other dps

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Why would you want to cast your highest DPET spell outside of Combustion?
    As long as you aren't extremely slow you have the combustion buff on you when the spell hits. The same is true if you pick cinder. Cast the spell and while it is in flight buff yourself.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

What stats should I be aiming for?

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mcpenco/simple

These are my stats:

Crit 42.17% (around 58% on live)
    Haste 11.34%
    Mastery 16.61%

I have a raid tonight, but I am at work all day so I don't have much time to research stuff. Since everything has changed, I'm pretty sure that using gear that I had before will produce mediocre results. I simmed my char yesterday night, and If I recall correctly, versatility was up there with crit (I may have done it wrong though).

Quote Originally Posted by Furaiowy View Post
    Do these meteor maths work if i got 60% crit?
    I may be wrong but i find it a bit hard to believe you have 60% crit unless you have full crit items, double crit legendaries and atleast 885+ ilevel with double crit trinkets. It turns out that Ignite does affect meteor btw. Combustion gives you (0.5*YourCritRating) as extra damage on meteor in the form of ignite. Therefore if you want to be sure. Use this equation:

((YourCritInDecimal*66)+66)) vs 100+(YourMasteryIncreaseOfCombustionInDecimal*100). For example, when i press combustion i gain 10% mastery so itd be 100+0.1*100 which is 110. If the first number wins, you use meteor on CD. If the second number wins, you use meteor with combustion (other than the 1 between combustions)

For 60% crit, it'd be: (0.6*66)+66 which is 105.6. For me, 45% crit gives me 110 on the other side (since i gain 10% mastery), so if i had even more crit id get even more than 110, so even with 60% crit, you still save meteor cuz of the ignite benefit of combustion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    45% crit ? I have 60% crit.
    Check the post right before this one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makkish View Post
    If i drop meteor and i want it to be a guaranteed crit do i cast combustion before meteor or can i cast meteor, fireball and at end of fireball press comb to get both to crit ?
    Meteor updates dynamically, so the stats it uses to calculate the damage is on impact of the meteor. In other words you can meteor with 0 gear, put on all your gear and itll do damage as if you had gear all along, so the same works with combustion ofcourse and pots and everything else

For the theory crafters: Some people mentioned that when using Meteor it's worth to delay the cast a bit into combustion, so that when it hits you have 5 PI up. Of course you lose one GCD during combustion in case you do that, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

(something like MI -> Combustion -> FB -> PF -> Pyro -> Meteor -> FB -> PF etc.)

Just something to discuss : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    For me is has been simmed as a DPS loss. I mean even with leg helm FO > AF. You should sim yourself though. Also, AF definitely wins on multiple target fight.
    Sims are weird. It says that i should favor versatility over crit AND int. Really dodgy shit. Probably i fucked something up
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Geldor View Post
    For the theory crafters: Some people mentioned that when using Meteor it's worth to delay the cast a bit into combustion, so that when it hits you have 5 PI up. Of course you lose one GCD during combustion in case you do that, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

(something like MI -> Combustion -> FB -> PF -> Pyro -> Meteor -> FB -> PF etc.)

Just something to discuss : )
    This sounds good at face value but its actually bad if you work it out. If you do the standard rotation, by the time your meteor hits, you will most likely already have 3 PI stacks at the very least, you can fit 3 globals before meteor explodes, thats 3 stacks of PI, possibly 4 if you crit with your precast. So an extra 2-4% damage on meteor is definitely not worth the global mid combustion.

Deleted
    I also have 60% with 1 crit trinket. If I replace the plaguehive with the sinew, I have 62%. Nevertheless, it still feels awkward. Before the patch I never reached 100% crit by missing crits 4 times in a row, yesterday it happened thrice.

There's something absolutely wrong with fire's flow right now.

Also worth noting is that AF sims lower than FO, even with the legendary helm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    AFAIK current rotation is:
    ESC > Logout > Create new character > Priest > Confirm

Infracted.
    This got infracted? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I also have 60% with 1 crit trinket. If I replace the plaguehive with the sinew, I have 62%. Nevertheless, it still feels awkward. Before the patch I never reached 100% crit by missing crits 4 times in a row, yesterday it happened thrice.

There's something absolutely wrong with fire's flow right now.

Also worth noting is that AF sims lower than FO, even with the legendary helm.
    Fireball critting didnt change so the whole thing about reaching 100% crit with 4 missed fireballs is just unlucky or anecdotal. Theres nothing to back it up in terms of actual changes. And yeah AF sims lower than FO. FO is really OP right now. You still get 4 fire blasts in your bursts and you recharge fire blasts much faster, especially now that haste is more valuable than it used to be (in conjunction with cinderstorm too)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Apparently we're not allowed to make jokes anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Yeah, mages were just barely above tanks on almost all bosses last night through a 7/7M 2/3M 3/3H clear, on most fights weren't close and in some cases literally half of other dps
    Dunno if it's because of legendary bracers and belt but yesterday in hc en i crushed everyone on every boss and o have still to adapt to MI and CiS/Meteor usage
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-01-12 at 10:17 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Dunno if it's because of legendary bracers and belt but yesterday in hc en i crushed everyone on every boss
    You probably play with very bad people.

With how much dps did you 'crush' your team mates on Nythendra, for instance?

10+ Year Old Account

Well you time your LB to pop from Nythendra on them when they are stacked and wait for MC, then you unload flamestrike on them, PF, FB, flamestrike and DB
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well you time your LB to pop from Nythendra on them when they are stacked and wait for MC, then you unload flamestrike on them, PF, FB, flamestrike and DB
    That's called padding the meters. Nevertheless, if you 'crush' the dps as a mage, it probably means your team sucks.

My average dps yesterday was ~470k which is about what I parse. Every other class was at or over 600k.

402k Nythendra
    415k Ursoc
    340k Elerethe (got a lot of mechanics on me)
    444k Dragons
    401k Il'gynoth (probably the most surprising)
    330k Cenarius (we fu**ed up phases)
    500k Xavius
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-01-12 at 10:37 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Apparently we're not allowed to make jokes anymore.
    It's ok, he prob plays shadow priest :V

Anyhow I've been wondering if DF is worth picking up even with the head over FO, I get mixed opinions on that, some people say DF with leg is worse than FO in sims, other people say DF+leg is better in any AOE. I'm thinking about raids not M+, M+ I think obviously DF will be better since AOE is ridicilous. One thing I know for sure, after doing Mythic EN yesterday I felt like i've been playing iwth broken hands becuase new rotation is just clunky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    It's ok, he prob plays shadow priest :V
    I like people laughed at SP for being mana battery and now people laugh at SP for being disgustingly OPed in terms of damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    402k Nythendra
    415k Ursoc
    340k Elerethe (got a lot of mechanics on me)
    444k Dragons
    401k Il'gynoth (probably the most surprising)
    330k Cenarius (we fu**ed up phases)
    500k Xavius
    Yeah, just what I thought: You played with horrible people.

My M raid yesterday:

I did about 470k dps on nythendra.

Our spriest did 600k
    Our DHs did over 700k
    Our warlocks did 600k

I did about 500k dps on ursoc

Our spriest did almost 800k
    Our DHs did more than 600k
    Our warlocks did over 600k

I did about 600k dps on Dragons

Our spriest did about ONE MILION dps

Well... You get the point.