The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Right now I really dont. I mean Harden is amazing, Paul to me is playing like he always does. Westbrook is just another level especially given the circumstances. I get what youre saying in terms of MVP history in going to top teams only but I really hope they ignore it and give it to the guy who deserves it the most even if his team isnt a true contender.
    I agree with you. From a pure absolute value pov, removing Westbrook would crash his team worse than any of the other current candidates. That said, it's difficult to ignore Chris Paul's insane RPM (far and away #1), or Harden doing his best D'Antoni-flavoured pre-Miami LeBron impression and winning a shit load of games.

We blew out the best team in the NBA. In a blizzard.

Really not sure what to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The MVP race is tough for me man. I hate both Harden and Westbrook as players but they are the top two in the league right now no doubt. Russ averaging a triple double is insanity and deserves to be recognized. Harden is doing some of that too but scoring more points overall I believe. It's a tough choice but at this point in the season I'd give it to Westbrook.

Deleted
    Nice article on the DeMarcus Cousins sitch in Sacramento.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...112-story.html

Such a waste of talent at the Kings.

I had the TV on CHI @ NYK last night and there was like this fucking commercial of "lowlights" for Derek Rose and his situation and it was embarrassing LOL why would they even play that shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    How about for MVP a guy with 22 points per game, 3.5 assists per game, just under 6 rebounds per game?

No? Ok. I'll go back to pretending we're relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Hayward and Gobert really deserve to be all stars...

Also injuries continue to plague us. Just lost Hood to a hyperextended knee though it sounds like it might just be a bone bruise. Still...we just got fucking Hill back can we stop losing people to injuries? :<

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cavs-Warriors tonight. Predictions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    Cavs-Warriors tonight. Predictions?
    Well, if the 37-22 first quarter is any indication...

- - - Updated - - -

So LeBron flops to try to get his team pumped up (and because nothing else seems to be working for the Cavs), but the Warriors take things back in stride and end the first half up 29 on a Curry buzzer-beater three, 78-49.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

That was a beatdown. Cleveland lost 91-126. Kinda embarrassing lol. 35 points.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Happened last year too. Not a good look. Granted, they won last year anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the NBA basically needs a GSW player the get injured at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    But hey, the warriors had a "collapse" of 13 points late in the third. Granted, it was going from a 36 point lead to a 23 point lead, but still.

Then I guess the Cavs "collapsed" to let the Warriors run it back up to a 39 point lead before settling on the 35 point final margin.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's not how that works. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're not monumentally stupid, but just playing dumb to be a snide ass because you couldn't provide a worthwhile rebuttal the last two times this issue came up.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-17 at 04:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the prev GSW - Cavs game is going to get y'all so heated you start insulting eachother, Im going to have to ask you drop discussing that game at all.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Crissi: His remark and my reply have very little to do with the actual game, and I'm fairly certain he only has a problem with me. Not worth punishing everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reread, and misread phaelix's post. Still, I advise you two to cut it out, since I know this stems back to the debates over the collapse in the previous matchup. Don't bait each other.

You know, I still didn't see that game OR this thing about LeBron hanging on the hoop....I gotta youtube it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jregz View Post
    That's not how that works. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're not monumentally stupid, but just playing dumb to be a snide ass because you couldn't provide a worthwhile rebuttal the last two times this issue came up.
    I'm not playing dumb, I just think your definition of a collapse is missing a key component. To collapse, it requires not just a swing in points, or a swing in win percentage (which honestly can be exacerbated by the relative difference in the game and the lateness of the run), but it requires that the lead be established before it is lost.

In the previous game, I'd call the 14 point Warriors swing a run and the Cavs 14 point swing a run because they were quick, and back to back. 95% of that game was spent within 5 points of even. The Warriors made a push and grew that lead to 14 super-briefly before the Cavs made a similar push to even the game again.

Only the fact that this happened so late in the game coupled with the fact that the endpoint was a -1 margin made the win probability spike and fall so drastically, but characterizing it as a collapse indicates that the Warriors had things well in hand, which they definitely did not.

It was a fantastic game, and very well played. I wasn't trying to take anything away from the play of the Cavs, aside from the obvious rim hang taunt that LeBron got away with. They made an amazing push in the face of that quick Warriors run to regroup and solidify their defense. That combined with some fresh players coming off the bench allowed for them to push back to even right before time was up, and the shot that Kyrie made was ridiculous.

But most importantly, I'm irritated that what was otherwise a great game was marred by horrible calls late in the game to turn the game into a "what happened" vs. "what should have happened" debate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You know, I still didn't see that game OR this thing about LeBron hanging on the hoop....I gotta youtube it later.
    The NBA last two minute report for the game has a clean video of the incident in question.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Haven't posted in mmo nba for ages, over the past 2 years i kinda felt there were a lot of under educated and over opinionated dicks here that tried to act like they knew more about bball than the next man. There is no reason at all to call people insults over there sports opinions. If you did that to someones face where i come from it would most likely get slapped off. Anyway, happy new year.