Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geldor View Post
    I put Meteor (with the @cursor macro) there, which so far has been hilarious. The pugs I've been in to test new builds must have thought I have serious problems with eye hand coordination.
    I missed 3 meteors with "NO! STAY HERE YOU ASSHOLE" yell on Guarm. Shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I missed 3 meteors with "NO! STAY HERE YOU ASSHOLE" yell on Guarm. Shame.
    Ouch, yup it's still a learning process. Kind of fun though. And we finally have the option to get rid of RoP. Which many of us wanted for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Gonna finish leveling the shadow. The spec in the optimal talent setup plays like complete ass now, and Arcane is awkward without legendaries.

What's the word? Oh right, "clunky."
    I think the word is actually fotm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geldor View Post
    Ouch, yup it's still a learning process. Kind of fun though. And we finally have the option to get rid of RoP. Which many of us wanted for a long time.
    I actually miss RoP, it adds some skill and planning into rotation, which is fun. Previous iterations were complete shit, but this one is great. It has short duration, gives a lot of burst and decent amount of space to cover the "I JUST DREW THIS CIRCLE AND YOU DECIDE TO POOP IN IT?!" problem. MI sims a little higher than RoP for me, so... i'm sticking with RoP for a bit, since i hate lazy CDs like MI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    fotm? I guess it's been a pretty long month then, since spriest have been pretty much OP since the release of legion.

You know what the kicker is? They don't even need stm to peform well. Heck, most players don't even use that talent anymore.

As for fire, I agree with @Platskin (who woulda thought that); Fire plays like ass and completely lost its flow. Frost is even worse and arcane needs the correct legendaries.

I loved mage, which is the reason I played it more than my main (which begs the question: what is my man?), but now I think I'm pretty much done with it.

Deleted
    I think most changes were for the better.

MI is a slight increase on ST, where RoP is still better if burst AoE are added into the mix. Meaning both has their niche, but you could most likely get away playing either. Meteor without a Cursor macro was anoying, but having that defo helps.
    I am also concerned for my dmg, wondering if I should start selecting stuff for Arcane - but as I got fire legendary yday, that kinda makes me stay in Fire for atleast a while ad make the best of it.

Also - I know this is a gonna be rough, but Fire might just be average tier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I think most changes were for the better.

MI is a slight increase on ST, where RoP is still better if burst AoE are added into the mix. Meaning both has their niche, but you could most likely get away playing either. Meteor without a Cursor macro was anoying, but having that defo helps.
    I am also concerned for my dmg, wondering if I should start selecting stuff for Arcane - but as I got fire legendary yday, that kinda makes me stay in Fire for atleast a while ad make the best of it.

Also - I know this is a gonna be rough, but Fire might just be average tier
    Bro, it's not fire. It's the mage class. We were barely able to compete on ST with bracers, now it's impossible on both ST as MT, regardless of legendaries.

Deleted
    firemage is completly op

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    firemage is completly op
    So is your spelling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    firemage is completly op
    Let me guess, you saw a mage in LFR way above everyone else on your recount?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Let me guess, you saw a mage in LFR way above everyone else on your recount?
    Nah, we get owned in LFR too. Probably in a normal dungeon at level 107.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    FOTE, it's never not going to be good, and it does priority and wide cleave which are actually useful in Legion raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardam View Post
    Inc more qq:

/blow qq cds:

I've played fire in almost every xpac for the past 10 years, but for some reason this most recent patch feels particularly bad. I think its the sum of having to use 3 or 4 new talents that change the overall playstyle of the spec, the fact that you must choose between mediocre single/multi target or low single high multi target, the lack of rng gear that dictates performance (have 3 legendaries with only the db helm as a dps one) and the moderate grind of ap coupled with the huge grind for different legendaries if I want to switch spec.

I know fire is still "viable" and can perform okay, but its obvious it wont be at the top for single target fights, and the huge number of adds required to make the spec shine just doesn't show up in raid fights enough. Currently my ilvl is 884 but I'm being out dpsed by others in sub 880 gear by a large margin on most fights. For the first time since sunwell I am finding a serious lack in motivation to play because of my class/ spec...and from purely a developer standpoint I think that is a huge failure.

My choices as a fairly casual raider is to either learn to play the new spec of fire and accept mediocre performance even after legendary bis grind, respec and master a new spec with even more grind, or just give up on raiding/reroll.

I know it's literally one day into the changes, but after following the ptr for months I seriously doubt it will get better for fire. I play with a large group of long time real life friends, and we generally don't push mythic too hard and raid about 3 nights a week, so probably won't end up quitting. But one of said friends experienced a similar scenario with Warlock (affliction) and had theforesight to suck it up and reroll druid months ago. Just seems that balancing in thus xpac has been very sub par, and makes me question all future changes....#feelsbadman /end qq

I'm with you on all fronts. Feels bad atm. The other "bad" Fire times I can recall are prepatch BoT Cata, first week of ToT, and Sunwell

After clearing mythic EN and ToV with my guild yesterday I have to admit that fire still looks very good to me. I was really suprised actually, it's not what I expected after PTR testings. But the numbers look good (even better than 7.1 on most bosses) and after you adapt to the new opener, talents and not having Ice Floes it's basicly the same as before.

Sure I was not topping the meters every fight, but I could keep up and be ~top3 which is totally fine. I even played like shit yesterday, was testing talents and trinket combinations and still doing 700k dps on Ursoc for example.

The sky is not falling guys, fire is still competitive. That's my my opinion at least.
    Last edited by Neoxx; 2017-01-12 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxx View Post
    The sky is not falling guys, fire is still competitive. That's my my opinion at least.
    I still feel like it needs a little more tweaking however I do agree its still viable, id like to see how it scales however comparatively vs arcane/frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

I for one am happy there is no more Rune of garbage and I can run as much as i fucking want during combust.

Also, mirror images doing 10 million per cd is hilarious. I really hope blizzard doesnt look at heroic raids logs at the moment - last night with a 880 pug we cleared EN bosses in 2 min each, stuff is pretty ridiculous at lower difficulties. I am 891 with helm , bracers, shard of exodar and manage to easily pull 95-99% rankings on Heroic clears, I cant imagine what a mythic raiding guild will do to mythic bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoxx View Post
    After clearing mythic EN and ToV with my guild yesterday I have to admit that fire still looks very good to me. I was really suprised actually, it's not what I expected after PTR testings. But the numbers look good (even better than 7.1 on most bosses) and after you adapt to the new opener, talents and not having Ice Floes it's basicly the same as before.

Sure I was not topping the meters every fight, but I could keep up and be ~top3 which is totally fine. I even played like shit yesterday, was testing talents and trinket combinations and still doing 700k dps on Ursoc for example.

Do you have logs? What trinkets and legendaries were you using to reach 700k on ursoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    I still feel like it needs a little more tweaking however I do agree its still viable, id like to see how it scales however comparatively vs arcane/frost.
    Yeah I'd like to see that as well. Problem is there are just a few frost and arcane mages with 54 traits in their weapon, so it's hard to get logs. I will test arcane on HC split raids today tho, it looks promising after target dummy testing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I for one am happy there is no more Rune of garbage and I can run as much as i fucking want during combust.
    Also, mirror images doing 10 million per cd is hilarious. I really hope blizzard doesnt look at heroic raids logs at the moment - last night with a 880 pug we cleared EN bosses in 2 min each, stuff is pretty ridiculous at lower difficulties. I am 891 with helm , bracers, shard of exodar and manage to easily pull 95-99% rankings on Heroic clears, I cant imagine what a mythic raiding guild will do to mythic bosses.
    Tbh playing with mirror images feels wierd to me, guess I'm still used to rune of power. And after yesterdays raid it feels like rune is still the best for me, cause I play with bracers and helm. Dunno really, have to test more I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Do you have logs? What trinkets and legendaries were you using to reach 700k on ursoc.
    Here you go.
    Was using bracers/helm and urn/arans ruby. Talents are Rune and AF. You can see how good arans ruby is now
    Last edited by Neoxx; 2017-01-12 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    If raid dps is strong enough and pop hero at start it's possible, i did 480k in a pug before 7.1.5 with only bracers (95%)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Really? Let's talk about hunters then.