Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    He ran furmark without artifacts and seatools is a free program, HDD could throw his driver errors too if he has any faulty sectors.
    Nah, HDD cant possibly affect BIOS post message in any sort of way, it will only stop when it finds a faulty HDD, not mess with display of it.

As Evildeffy said:

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    snip
    Its probably your GPU, apart from the obvious artifacts i have seen it before with my GPU and a friends.

The card isnt dead yet, but its VRAM is near death hence you are getting that.

It works during benchmarking cause you force it, and crashes randomly after that, my GTX 580 did the exact same thing since i noticed it was dying, i benckmarked it multiple times and no problem, only for it to die completely 2 days after with artifacts and black screens also and then artifacts at BIOS and dead.

Meh its free and quick to test, not saying its likely but on a 6 year old machine may as well test it.

15+ Year Old Account
    He ran furmark without artifacts and seatools is a free program, HDD could throw his driver errors too if he has any faulty sectors.
    Yes he ran furmark without errors and rebooted and got them back.
    Including on his BIOS screen, HDD cannot cause artifacts like this, especially if you check the pictures.

I mean fine if you want to check his HDD for errors, that's generally prudent but it's impossible to tie this to his issues.

If you're getting graphical artifacting during the BIOS screen it is completely and entirely separate from any form of storage.

It's in either his monitor, his GFX, his PSU or his PCI-Express communications bus.

Considering that his entire PC freezes that's an instant monitor elimination.
    Considering his PC does boot and if the PCI-Express communications bus fails ... well we wouldn't even go as far as he has.

Leaving GFX and PSU and since he's got a new CX-M model (Silver one, far better than the Green one) I'd rule that out.

But HDD? Physically not possible.

Meh its free and quick to test, not saying its likely but on a 6 year old machine may as well test it.
    Not only is it not likely, it's not possible. At the time the BIOS is loading, other than to check if an HDD is physically present, it is not used. If it's not being used yet, it can't be the source of the problem, at all. It's a complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Yes he ran furmark without errors and rebooted and got them back.
    Including on his BIOS screen, HDD cannot cause artifacts like this, especially if you check the pictures.

I mean fine if you want to check his HDD for errors, that's generally prudent but it's impossible to tie this to his issues.

If you're getting graphical artifacting during the BIOS screen it is completely and entirely separate from any form of storage.

It's in either his monitor, his GFX, his PSU or his PCI-Express communications bus.

Considering that his entire PC freezes that's an instant monitor elimination.
    Considering his PC does boot and if the PCI-Express communications bus fails ... well we wouldn't even go as far as he has.

Leaving GFX and PSU and since he's got a new CX-M model (Silver one, far better than the Green one) I'd rule that out.

But HDD? Physically not possible.
    I installed my new GPU today (apparently I was too Dutch to buy a whole new PC) and it works fine. Thanks!
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I installed my new GPU today (apparently I was too Dutch to buy a whole new PC) and it works fine. Thanks!
    Ain't nothing wrong with being Dutch

What did you get anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with being Dutch

What did you get anyway?
    A 1060. It seems to do the trick
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    if you still encounter issues...

RAM issues can effect BIOS screen (random characters), if it's old system I would clean the ram sticks copper contacts from corrosion(visually dark).