Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Reticle dropped abilities feel terrible for melee classes. I never had an issue with my Mage, Warlock, or even ranged traps with my Hunter when we had Trap Launcher and other specs had DPS traps but holy hell do reticle aimed spells just feel incredibly wrong as melee. I'm not sure why but they just seem to be an antithesis to how melee moves and feels in close range combat.
    Yes, and it's because of movement. You use your mouse to move, and melee need to move constantly. Ranged (even BM hunters) have the luxury of staying static most of the time, so they have the time to aim the reticle properly. You can even aim it while casting a spell. In melee everything is faster, dynamic and instant, so stopping the rotation flow to target a reticle feels really bad and annoying.

Traps should be banned from Survival's rotation. That, or made optional via talents. IMO, Explosive Trap should be utility only, using the old glyphed version (knocks back instead of damage). It would simplify our rotation (which is already very clunky), and they could compensate the loss of damage by buffing other skills (Carve and Flanking Strike could be buffed instead, for AoE/Single, or maybe the Butchery/Grenade/Serpent Sting row gets a buff instead)
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-01-12 at 01:41 PM.

I hope Survivals hotfix isn't a buff to Explosive Trap, I've found that my current rotation where explosive trap is can be outright ignored sometimes is easier, making explosive trap more important will bloat the main rotation. Ideally I think a buff to mongoose bite or lacerate, since those are important for all survival hunters rotations despite talents or artifact knowledge.
    X