They went to fix stats but they created a monster

Well I thought with 7.1.5 Blizzard was trying to achieve the obvious. If you get an item that has e.g 880ilvl it will be better than an item 860ilvl no matter what the stats are.

Unfortunately for my class and spec we were siming on intellect>haste etc, now we are siming on haste>intellect sort of forcing me to take an 860ilvl item with haste over a non haste one...

(I am playing as a destruction lock which was siming Int>haste>all other stats, now its Haste>Int=all other stats).

What did they succeed with cutting down stats?
    Last edited by tratra; 2017-01-12 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Well I thought with 7.1.5 Blizzard was trying to achieve the obvious. If you get an item that has e.g 880ilvl it will be better than an item 860ilvl no matter what the stats are.

Unfortunately for my class and spec we were siming on intellect>haste etc, now we are siming on haste>intellect sort of forcing me to take an 860ilvl item with haste over a non haste one...

All these words yet no information.

Good thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Ehhh... I thought the actually didn't do that yet!

as I recall they scrapped changing secondary stats and will do it later.

Its on the front page amount the 7.1.5 changes, they did definitely do it.

Ehhh... I thought the actually didn't do that yet!

as I recall they scrapped changing secondary stats and will do it later.
    I was wondering the same thing as the OP. They did change how much of a secondary stat is needed to increase by 1% (by about 50 iirc). As far as I know, that made it live Tuesday. Was something else scrapped?

What they did fix for example was that a 865 ring with a socket now has less stats than a 875 without a socket.
    Depending on your stat weight there is no guarantee that a difference of 10 itemlevel is an upgrade, and especially on jewellery with only secondary stats the gap is still there.
    But for most specs and classes the differences between the stats got much, much smaller and for most items with secondary stats you will prefer the one with 20 itemlevel more.

What I am wondering now with the reduced value of secondary stat is what spec now values a secondary stat higher than the primary stat, and didn't so before the patch?

The secondary stats have changed, class/stat depending you need around 14-15% more of each stat for 1% compared to before. If you were aware of your pre-patch stats it would be immediately obvious when you see that your % of each stat is now lower than it was before, despite that they also increased the stats on all gear by 5%.

For me at least the stat priority is pretty much unchanged as an Arms Warrior, Strength gained a little ground but not much and is still something like 60% worse per point than Mastery.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I can't see it listed in the official patch notes only in the MMO-C ones.
    Look at your character your stats % will have all dropped. Jewelry was increased so it masks it for the stats you were stacking on your rings and necklace. For anything else it is a several % drop.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post

"oh no, one stat over my main stat"

Try fury warriors, this is the string: 24.22 wdps 15.78 haste 15.50 mastery 13.36 vers 12.62 crit 12.31 wohdps 10.86 str 10.33 ap

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    "oh no, one stat over my main stat"

Try fury warriors, this is the string: 24.22 wdps 15.78 haste 15.50 mastery 13.36 vers 12.62 crit 12.31 wohdps 10.86 str 10.33 ap
    I am not characterizing a specific class, am just stating the obvious that I still won't change an item 860 with best stat with an 880 item bad stats.

Deleted
    Wow. Such a catchy thread title and now this... what a disappointment.