Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Get some more logs up on the US forums aswell. Posted CodeDonkey's logs on the EU forums as some evidence!

From Discord:

Pre 7.1.5 RE with RA was bugged and gave ~2% , it was 1% when not choosing RA

now in 7.1.5 its bug fixed to 1,5% with RA

tdlr: RE was bugged with RA (2%) and now fixed to 1,5%, so basically a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by varraz View Post
    From Discord:

Pre 7.1.5 RE with RA was bugged and gave ~2% , it was 1% when not choosing RA

now in 7.1.5 its bug fixed to 1,5% with RA

tdlr: RE was bugged with RA (2%) and now fixed to 1,5%, so basically a nerf.
    Alright, this is basically what I found from parsing my own logs, good to see that it's the same for other people as well.

While it may be considered a bug fix, this definitely results in a nerf and an overall slower or "clunky" play style. What really sucks is Blizzard not even mentioning this, and us not getting any compensatory buffs. Sadly, I sincerely doubt we will get it back to 2% any time soon, especially if Blizz considers it a bug rather than a nerf.

So nice seeing that they fix bugs that made a class more fun to play... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Krisppo View Post
    Alright, this is basically what I found from parsing my own logs, good to see that it's the same for other people as well.

While it may be considered a bug fix, this definitely results in a nerf and an overall slower or "clunky" play style. What really sucks is Blizzard not even mentioning this, and us not getting any compensatory buffs. Sadly, I sincerely doubt we will get it back to 2% any time soon, especially if Blizz considers it a bug rather than a nerf.

Well, complain to Blizz, our only possibiltiy, go to official forums and say your words. and yea, it sucks.

Well, complain to Blizz, our only possibiltiy, go to official forums and say your words. and yea, it sucks.
    yea... I posted some of the numbers on the EU forums but dont have access to the US ones so would be nice if someone could get em up there aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    yea... I posted some of the numbers on the EU forums but dont have access to the US ones so would be nice if someone could get em up there aswell!
    There are a few threads on the US DK Forums but when it comes to blue the DK forums are typically ghost towns.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    There are a few threads on the US DK Forums but when it comes to blue the DK forums are typically ghost towns.
    Yea I read em but didnt see any with some hard numbers printed down. Like the excel-sheet above

there was an excel sheet form Logs data of top 10 players showing the 2% vs 1,5% on Discord, but there are millions of messages comming in

there was an excel sheet form Logs data of top 10 players showing the 2% vs 1,5% on Discord, but there are millions of messages comming in
    aye its a small sample but the difference is so big its enought of proff that its correct.
    Take the lowest standard deviation on Pre-patch vs the highest standard deviation on the new patch and the difference is still obvious.

But more data would ofc be nice to have

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    there has been many reports about this. need to fraps it and send to Magdalena @ Discord.
    Mag is back?!

Has been posting on Discord with pretty solid frequency

Did some PTR, but is not currently playing in Legion.

Cool! Hope he comes back for real with flying in 7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    @CodeDonkey

Would be great and very helpful for reporting this, if you would be able to extrapolate a bigger sample size per warcraftlogs API.
    I took a crack at it last night but I couldn't figure out how to get runes generated from the resource page via the API

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    To go further, it definitely doesnt work that way because then you would get more than 1 rune occassionally aswell.
    You always get a either 0 or 1 rune, so it´s clearly one roll.
    You could always just but a break/return at the the point in the loop when it actually triggers to not allow for chaining. I mean it's not impossible, just very unlikely imho and not the kind of thing I would expect blizzard to do either, because this is quite the extra mile.

very interesting how such a small change leads to such a significant difference in playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    very interesting how such a small change leads to such a significant difference in playstyle
    Also interesting that all these bug fixes always nerf Frost.

Great QA/Dev team we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisppo View Post

We definitely need to press Blizzard for compensating buff. Enhancement shaman had a similar issue where a bug was having lava lash proc windfury. They fixed the bug but also buffed the normal windfury proc chance so the spec did not feel punished for their error.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Mag is back?!
    Not really.

No mention of it in the hotfixes, and no compensatory buff...

I was really hoping they would at least acknowledge the bugfix, I'd really like to hear their justification for it.