Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    it certainly doesn't quite seem to match your assumptions of what the story was going to be though.
    It just adds a very generic fantasy or post apocalyptic plot element to exactly what we already saw/my assumptions. Now there is even less mystery. Each trailer just makes this game seem more cliche. Hoping they have lots of tricks up their sleeve.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It just adds a very generic fantasy or post apocalyptic plot element to exactly what we already saw/my assumptions. Now there is even less mystery. Each trailer just makes this game seem more cliche. Hoping they have lots of tricks up their sleeve.
    perception is everything, I suppose. you get more and more jaded. I get more and more intrigued. the mystery is still there even more so than before. the thing is.. I don't know about you, but I read a LOT of fantasy and sci-fi. I can recognize most tropes pretty early on. what interests me is details. the how. the why. the specifics' and Horizon has a few interesting specifics that intrigue me. how will they handle those tropes? where will they take them? I still don't know anything about why the machines too k over, who are these masked people, how are they controlling the machines, who is Alloy, who is that hologram of an "interested party" there is so many details that aren't filled in.

at the core just about all these types of stories fit into a hero's journey archetype. doesn't mean they can just be dismissed as generic. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

the more I see - the more I'm intrigued. I want to play this game. right now. and looks like official release date is March 1
    I have to say I love the look and body of that main female character. She looks like an almost exact copy of my hairdresser which I know for years, soo natural and healthy, lovely. A man needs such female protagonist, a man will play.

On the side note I must admit I prefered the earlier trailers which presented the game from an different angle. Now they've showed us alot of other people and civilizations, hmm, I prefered earlier version: her to be alone and lonely in this vast world of Horizon, doind her own mission and stuff, minimal contact with other people, almost no human civs etc.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2017-01-11 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    On the side note I must admit I prefered the earlier trailers which presented the game from an different angle. Now they've showed us alot of other people and civilizations, hmm, I prefered earlier version: her to be alone and lonely in this vast world of Horizon, doind her own mission and stuff, minimal contact with other people, almost no human civs etc.
    I have to agree. I was interested in this game from the start, and the more, I'll say intimate version this game was leading to was much more interesting. Now, eh, I'll still get it, but it knocked it down a peg or two for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should've left it as the mystery adventure kind of aspect discovering what's going on with the new phenomenon. Instead of generic antagonist #523680 bent on domination. It's kind of sad when an antagonist in stories these days must be a physical being that you can punch in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I have to agree. I was interested in this game from the start, and the more, I'll say intimate version this game was leading to was much more interesting. Now, eh, I'll still get it, but it knocked it down a peg or two for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Should've left it as the mystery adventure kind of aspect discovering what's going on with the new phenomenon. Instead of generic antagonist #523680 bent on domination. It's kind of sad when an antagonist in stories these days must be a physical being that you can punch in the face.
    EXACTLY. This is what I meant. I was all on board for Aloy just going on a quest for herself and for her people, finding something out with the land and discovering her destiny or whatever. Knowing there's an all encompassing evil, a mysterious detective Commander Zvala who crossed over from the Destiny universe after being sucked through a portal on Fringe, etc, etc....it feels very heavy handed and not the same spirit or vibe the game was giving off until now.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's entirely possible that the main antagonist we saw was just a power hungry dude that stumbled upon these creatures and they are simply using him as a pawn to resurrect themselves. Plot twists are a thing.

Less intrigued than I was, but still interested in it. It looks beautiful, controls SEEM to be pretty good from the game play video posted within the last day or so and the world looks interesting but before it did seem like a lonely quest to save her tribe, just her against the world which gives a decidedly more badass, adventurous, "the unknown," and intriguing vibe than her working alongside various other people against some extremely rote bad guy. The story seems very cliche, but I'm OK with that like @Witchblade77 said, I read and play a lot of Sci-Fi and Fantasy stuff and can identify most things early but the details matter to me and there's a lot of details still missing from this at this point.

I'll still play it, and will likely enjoy it, but we'll see.

I actualy... love it that we get a cast of characters and allies? but I always did prefer ensemble stories to the lone wolf ones.

Here is what I think. Gorilla games has never made anything above a c level game. This game is gonna come out and be very pretty but will suck. I think it will be a mafia 3 situation where world is big but empty at the same time outside of gathering. The story will be mediocre at best and the game will pull 7s across the board.

7+ Year Old Account
    Easily a GOTY contender and looking forward to playing it on 4K.

Almost forgot I had this on order with amazon, and that it's arriving soonish. More amped up for Breath of the Wild coming out right after :P

Well, 3 days is probably enough time to power through it.

15+ Year Old Account
    OpenCritic just posted the embargo countdown: http://opencritic.com/game/2862/horizon-zero-dawn

Reviews coming Monday ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    This game looks so good but it wont be on PC and as I dont own a PS4 I wont be getting it

Last console I owned was a Gamecube, yup its been that long and I don't want to buy a console for one game
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-02-16 at 09:26 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Almost forgot I had this on order with amazon, and that it's arriving soonish. More amped up for Breath of the Wild coming out right after :P

Well, 3 days is probably enough time to power through it.
    Not feeling it with BOTW. My nostalgia for the game franchise died somewhat and the gameplay doesn't look as exciting and engaging as Horizon and that's what i'm looking for. BOTW's pacing is also offputting me since it's a far bigger world (and more empty?) with things to discover that I really dont care about

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This game looks so good but it wont be on PC and as I dont own a PS4 I wont be getting it

Last console I owned was a Gamecube, yup its been that long and I don't want to buy a console for one game
    You can look at existing PS4 games and especially at promising PS4 games that will be released later (Like Death Stranding). It might persuade you to invest in it. Besides, you can play blu rays on it and with PS4 pro, the normal versions are far cheaper now. If you're lucky you can buy a used one for maybe 150 bucks?

HYPEEEEEEEEEEE (These are from the filter mode)

Last edited by Jinxz; 2017-02-20 at 06:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad this is a good game http://www.forbes.com/sites/games/20.../#38f523277b51 was really worried it was going to be one of those hype but fail things.

Theres always one...
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-02-20 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I wasn't going to pick it up b/c I'm busy and Zelda comes out, buuut....reading all these reviews and I don't think I have a choice.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Those screenshots 0.o
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.