Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What video game series would you erase out of your memory to replay again?

Topic from reddit I thought would be interesting here.

I think I'd go with either OoT or Majora's Mask. I still absolutely love those games but playing them for the first time was something else as a child. To get that sense of exploration and discovery again would be awesome.

Edit: Just to confirm of course doesn't have to be only series
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-01-12 at 04:30 PM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Baldur's Gate series. Specifically Baldur's Gate II.

Kingdom Hearts, the amount of awe and feels that franchise has invoked for me across so many different games is unparalelled

Are we also going back in time to when the game was new? Because if you hand me something like Mario today I'd just be like "oh neat indie project".

I would have to say either the Witcher series or the first couple Assassins Creed games. The witcher series is just so amazing and immersive. I can also remember how much I enjoyed the early Assassins creed games. Dark Souls also gets an honorable mention from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also love WoW from the start again but in this hypothetical of a wiped memory of it. I've already tried the servers that may not be named and I can't get out of modern WoW mindset and there's no exploration for me because I remember everything. But damn was classic WoW absolutely mind blowing to me in my 12 year old mind.

And Halo 3 multiplayer as well! My first online fps and those were some of my greatest gaming memories. Well, series, so Halo-Halo3 were amazing.

I can't think of just 1 so I'll name my top 3 tied.

Phantasy Star series
    Final Fantasy series
    Sonic the Hedgehog series.

As an added bonus I would like to play WoW again from scratch back when I started in 2009 during late Wrath.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-12 at 04:13 PM.

Half-Life series or Mass Effect series

And of course WoW was an amazing experience being my first MMO, but I doubt it'd be the same if I started playing today instead of 10 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

it's a single game and not a series but Chrono Trigger

10+ Year Old Account
    Elder scroll games and C&C Ra 2 and yuris revenge, come to my mind.

Also pokemon black and white 2.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Last of Us OR Xenogears

Banjo-Kazooie, hands down. I would fresh replay that like there's no tomorrow. And Oblivion. And Pokémon.... ._.

I keep editing in more...I should stop.
    Last edited by effs; 2017-01-12 at 04:30 PM.

Xenogears or Seiken Densetsu II (Secret of Mana).

I'd go with final fantasy because it's so many games.

10+ Year Old Account
    KotoR, Mass Effect and Planescape: Torment. Many plot reveals from these games were truly spectacular first time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Final Fantasy 9 & 10, my favorites and the best ones.

Kingdom Hearts

Resident Evil 2

Fallout 3

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Kingdom Hearts, the amount of awe and feels that franchise has invoked for me across so many different games is unparalelled
    This! so much this! i'm waiting for 1.5 + II.5 to be released on ps4 to play all of them again along with the new 2.8 <3

ALSO:

Suikoden 2
    Breath of Fire 3
    Mass Effect
    Parasite EVE
    Xenogears
    FFT, FFVIII, FFVII
    Chrono Cross
    Resident EVil 1, 2.
    Last edited by Chantique; 2017-01-12 at 04:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say Mass Effect if it wasn't for that ending. No way i want to go through that again.

I agree with the above posters that this hypothetical definitely needs a time travel element. Only because I can't see myself stomaching a game that hasn't aged well.

Contingent on the time travel, I think an easy answer for me has to be EverQuest. WoW a close second.

If going back in time then probably wow again for the first time. If not then probably the souls series.