Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Most people I know did like 7 random heroics a week just for the daily AP, so I think everyone that isn't a total slacker could have easily had it by now ;P.

They should remove the cap on the Souls at this point tbh.

It has served its purpose.

Of course it was a failure. Its a pointlessly long but overly important lore wise questline that has poor rewards which was put in place to try to get people who dont mythic+ to dungeon while not addressing the underlining issue that doing dungeons outside of mythic+ is boring and unrewarding.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Most people I know did like 7 random heroics a week just for the daily AP, so I think everyone that isn't a total slacker could have easily had it by now ;P.
    You get more AP from WQs than Heroics and at a faster rate...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Dungeons and raids always had story in them, nothing different here. Do you also complain that you have to raid to see the story? Because I guess people dont want to raid to experience the story too.
    No because I don't have to grind for 8 weeks to dungeon or LFR

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And you run out of them, RHC still gives alot ap in short time, its like 10 min run? Another poor excuse.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

No because I don't have to grind for 8 weeks to dungeon or LFR
    yeah, 2/3 mythic + a week is just "to much"..

are u fucking serious?

Quote Originally Posted by webcamboy View Post
    yeah, 2/3 mythic + a week is just "to much"..

are u fucking serious?
    The problem here is that doing dungeons outside of mythic+ offers very poor rewards. There is no reason to do them other than the Soul Prism quest at this point.

Which goes back to the original point that this questline is something that mythic+ folk end up doing, since doing 80 none mythic+ dungeons is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The problem here is that doing dungeons outside of mythic+ offers very poor rewards. There is no reason to do them other than the Soul Prism quest at this point.

Which goes back to the original point that this questline is something that mythic+ folk end up doing, since doing 80 none mythic+ dungeons is a waste of time.
    Guildies have alts that need Mythics. You have alts that need Mythics. You scratch their back, they'll scratch yours.

Literal proof right here that people will always find something to complain about.

5-man content in previous expansions has been largely worthless past the first few weeks. So blizzard implements a new scaling difficulty level to 5-man dungeons to keep them rewarding and relevant through the entire expansion.

And now you want to complain that the random heroics aren't rewarding enough? You get 100k ap from doing 1 every day, if you aren't doing this, you realistically cannot complain about not being finished with the quest, or not having enough rewards from the dungeons, because you are literally just throwing AP into the garbage.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Deleted
    And you run out of them, RHC still gives alot ap in short time, its like 10 min run? Another poor excuse.
    I get 100,000 + from WQs in usually 30mins
    I'm usually waiting 30mins just to enter 1 heroic

Most of the people in my guild get a group togeher for a random Heroic each day. The runs are generally around 10 minutes, give a daily AP, chance for legendaries, and sometimes a world quest.

at 7 a week doing this, and then over the weeks a handful from mythics for other quest chains, the majority of them are in the 60-70 range, which is really close.

I get not everyone plays every day, but i don't think the requirement is crazy. I do think, however, that the 10/week cap should have been removed with 7.1.5 - or it can be removed with nighthold. Even make NH bosses dropping them on all difficulties would be reasonable.

It's lore anyway. Either you are interested and are willing to immerse yourself for the story, or it likely doesn't matter to you - so meh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Literal proof right here that people will always find something to complain about.

5-man content in previous expansions has been largely worthless past the first few weeks. So blizzard implements a new scaling difficulty level to 5-man dungeons to keep them rewarding and relevant through the entire expansion.

And now you want to complain that the random heroics aren't rewarding enough? You get 100k ap from doing 1 every day, if you aren't doing this, you realistically cannot complain about not being finished with the quest, or not having enough rewards from the dungeons, because you are literally just throwing AP into the garbage.
    The point is there's no need to not just reward 10 souls in every difficult. This quest didn't encourage people to run Mythics + because they already enjoy it, it just annoyed those that prefer Heroic to the point a lot just ignored it completely

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post

5-man content in WoD was largely worthless past the first few weeks*

Fixed that for you. 5 mans had purpose until WoD.

You're either new to WoW or dont remember how things were before WoD.

Deleted
    5-man content in WoD was largely worthless past the first few weeks*

Fixed that for you. 5 mans had purpose until WoD.

You're either new to WoW or dont remember how things were before WoD.
    I actually enjoyed 5 mans in previous expansions

I get 100,000 + from WQs in usually 30mins
    I'm usually waiting 30mins just to enter 1 heroic
    No, you dont wait. You put yourself in queue and go doing WQs. Thats how it works.

Deleted
    No, you dont wait. You put yourself in queue and go doing WQs. Thats how it works.
    Not if you use WQGF like most people

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 80 dungeons for a simple lore quest is definitely overcooked.

I'm at 15 prisms because when I got the quest I was already i860 and I cannot be arsed to run so many dungeons just for measly AP and a tiny tiny chance of TF > 860.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Legion for me is basically like having tons of fun for a few minutes then slamming your face into a giant gate until it falls down.

Gating content and lore like this so harshly is just resulting in me abandoning casual raid/mythic encounters and subbing at the end of the expansion to just play freely.
    The only gate is the one you put up yourself, the 10 souls a week should be increased I will give you that but heres the actual problem.

If you put a limit on how many you can get a week we see this complaint.
    "OMG BLIZZ 10 SOULS ISN'T ENOUGH, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THIS FASTER!"

If we don't put a limit we see this complaint.
    "OMG BLIZZ 80 SOULS! I ONLY GET <x> PER RUN, THIS TAKES TOO LONG!"

So either way people are upset, its like I told my friend about the FGC once.
    "If you put a $20 bill in every copy of the game people would complain how its folded."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why the 80 souls in the first place. Why make it require 80 dungeons? Are they afraid that there won't be enough interest w/o quests like these?

Trouble is by the time you get this quest, you don't need non-mythic plus dungeons any more, and I hate the gameplay in mythic plus.
    I'd end up doing eighty dungeons if it was account-wide.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton