Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It can't be any worse than the original, so to me they can only make it better.

I want them to keep as much of the original material as possible and I don't want them to censor some of the game's darker themes/humour for the sake of modern day excessive political correctness. In addition I want to see more screen time for many of the major and minor characters. Especially Rufus, Scarlet and the Turks. Though only if it expands upon their characters and isn't simply retconning them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really just curious to see how many episodes it'll be, and what sort of content they'll make available during the time between releases.

There are some pretty obvious breakpoints -- probably disc changes and new forms of transportation.

Each episode will probably give a big chunk of story and game world, and then there will be some sort of post-episode endgame content (new areas / dungeons to explore, new sidequests, new minigames) with a level cap. As new episodes are released the world gets bigger and vehicles gradually get unlocked which help you to backtrack and explore new stuff in the old areas.

That's how I imagine it'll work out, at least. That's how they handled Final Fantasy IV The After Years and Final Fantasy Dimensions, which were also episodic.

It'd be great if they could just release it as three episodes, call them "Discs" even, but I'm thinking they'll have to break it up further.

Breakpoints will probably be something like: Midgar -> Junon -> Buggy -> Tiny Bronco -> Disc 1 End -> Highwind -> Disc 2 End -> Disc 3 End. Or maybe Midgar -> Buggy -> Disc 1 End -> Disc 2 End -> Disc 3 End, for five episodes, but that's a lot of content in each episode.

Given that they intend to expand each episode out into a "full experience," I'm definitely curious to see what they intend to add. Obviously there's a lot of sidequests and minigame content to begin with in FFVII to keep people occupied between episodes, but there was also a lot of stuff we know that got cut from the original plans for the game. Like, will Cobalt XIV and Indigo XV appear? Will they weave in the rest of the Turks from Before Crisis? There's a lot they could do with it...

They're making it in instalments... that's already completely put me off.

(1) graphics better than 15 taking full advantage of PS4 Pro .. they promised AC-level, they better deliver .. if not then at least upgrade it for the PC version

(2) ideally I would want a full Remake of Crisis Core too, but if not - cram as much content and cinematics/characters from CC into it as possible .. I want Zack and Genesis and lots of good! pre-Nibelheim! Sephiroth .. CC was great !

(3) improve battle system over both 13 & 15, but Im not sure what exactly it should be

(4) vast big explorable world full of stuff to do and find .. I want at least 50 hours from Disc 1 alone, 100 hours is better for 100%

i just hope to have an option to have turn based combat enabled

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    (1) graphics better than 15 taking full advantage of PS4 Pro .. they promised AC-level, they better deliver .. if not then at least upgrade it for the PC version

(2) ideally I would want a full Remake of Crisis Core too, but if not - cram as much content and cinematics/characters from CC into it as possible .. I want Zack and Genesis and lots of good! pre-Nibelheim! Sephiroth .. CC was great !

(3) improve battle system over both 13 & 15, but Im not sure what exactly it should be

(4) vast big explorable world full of stuff to do and find .. I want at least 50 hours from Disc 1 alone, 100 hours is better for 100%
    Pls no..pls
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

7+ Year Old Account
    I expect that it will be made.
    I hope it will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    Pls no..pls
    Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess

10+ Year Old Account
    My hopes from FF7R is that it is popular enough that they decide to make a FF6R.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    In fact that J Pop song is probably better then anything composed in VII, which is one of the most forgettable soundtracks in the series.
    All the wats

EDIT: Should also add my actual hopes for the remake. I also hope they keep the dark themes and not retcon the shit out of everything, and use the Turks/Rufus/etc. to their potential rather than just jpop everything like in AC. (Although overall I did enjoy AC) I too wish they'd go with a turn-based system, even though I'm cool if it doesn't end up being a map-wandering, open-world game with tons of random battles. I didn't even enjoy that in the 90's when I first played the game, honestly.

I've already come to terms with the fact that the game probably won't be anything great, but as long as it doesn't completely shit all over my teenage years, I'm cautiously optimistic about revisiting the FFVII experience.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2017-01-12 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    My hopes are that they don't feel compelled to change everything just for the sake of changing. But who am I kidding, given their latest track record my hopes for this game are pretty much non existant.
    This so much. I hope it is basically the exact same game, everything (gameplay, layout, etc) stays the exact same. Only thing really updated would be the visuals, not just rerendering but completely redone to look the same only with modern graphics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My hopes from FF7R is that it is popular enough that they decide to make a FF6R.
    Also 9. I don't know if 9 is underrated or people really don't like it, but it doesn't seem to ever have been popular. However it is probably my fav FF game alongside 7 and 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    This so much. I hope it is basically the exact same game, everything (gameplay, layout, etc) stays the exact same. Only thing really updated would be the visuals, not just rerendering but completely redone to look the same only with modern graphics.

- - - Updated - - -

Also 9. I don't know if 9 is underrated or people really don't like it, but it doesn't seem to ever have been popular. However it is probably my fav FF game alongside 7 and 10
    I think many just didn't play it. I'm one of those people. But from what my friends all tell me, i'm missing out big time.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Only one hope. That I enjoy it. That's it really. I'm a huge fan of RPGS have been since a kid. Phantasy Star, Dragon Warrior/Quest, Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, Chrono Trigger, Shining Force and well my list could go on. My point is this one is huge deal for me because I want it to make me feel like that 6 year old back in 1999 playing on his PS1 smiling and happy. Sounds stupid I know but all I hope is I enjoy like I have done every FF game.

Also yeah it sounds like I fanboy FF but fuck me 13, 12, 8 and 15 had some issues. I'm not blind.
    They all have issues. I expect the VA to be bad, since VA in games is always bad IMO. I expect it to feel nothing like FF7 which can be good and bad. I don't expect to play it since I did not like FF7 that much compared to many of the other FF games. I don't expect the final episode to be done until 2025.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really worried about it to be honest. I just hope they don't change too much just for the sake of changing it. Just make us feel like we're playing the original in updated graphics.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Wow, just did some reading and research and the game is going to be a steaming pile of shit imo. New combat system, multi episodes (aka milk the game so instead of buying one copy for 80, you have to buy 3+(?) for probably $60+ ea. Fuck square any more, they haven't released much quality since ff10. Was really looking forward to this, but don't think I will support their decisions financially anymore.

Hopefully better then XV which I hated and quit after less then 10 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just making it look like characters aren't looking like donuts is a huge win in my book. Other than that, fuck off, game is perfect.

15+ Year Old Account
    My hope is that Tetsuya Nomura directs it from the beginning to the end, and the key elements of FF7 aren't butchered, like Materia (Magic, Summon, Command, Support, Independent), Limit Breaks, etc.

But ever since Squaresoft became SquareEnix, I've seen so much shit happen I don't expect anything anymore.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.polygon.com/a/final-fantasy-7

Just gonna leave this here. Extremely long, in-depth interview with several of the people who were involved with the design, development, and marketing of Final Fantasy VII. Basically runs through the game's entire development history, from the original Super Famicom prototype that got scrapped so the team could work on Chrono Trigger, through the Final Fantasy VI: Interactive CG Game Demo, their switch from the N64 to the PSX, the release, the PC port by Eidos, and a little bit about the upcoming remake.