Page 87 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, what non-factual thing did CNN actually spread. Make sure to show me proof that CNN knew it was not factual. They never stated that the Buzzfeed document was legit.

Otherwise, you have nothing.
    In fact, they went into explanation of where they obtained this document. They've explained everything the reader needs to know to make a judgment. The fact that some readers were too lazy to read that doesn't make the article any less professional.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    When Trump called him and CNN fake, the rest of the journalists applauded.
    As Trump would say, "WRONG!" The applause was the people behind him on the podium.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I'm speaking to their entire day of TV coverage. When Mika Brzezinski, on Morning Joe, gets uncomfortable speaking about something, you know it's pretty out of line. She is about as partisan as you can get. When MSNBC thinks you are a political hack....I mean....wow....
    The atmosphere of Morning Joe is as if there is a commissar from the politburo just off camera who is ready to shoot anyone that dares to say something too pro-Trump or pro-conservative. The general audience of that show is even worse when you read how they react to any statements that aren't the most extremely biased to their own ideology, because these are the people who believe Trump is literally Hitler.

Today on the show, one of the regulars was basically saying that the entire situation is all Trumps fault and that the media should be able to push any story they want to. They then engaged in some insane double thought where they all agreed on the point that 'oh Trump better not make enemies with the CIA or they will go after him' and then ten minutes later all agreeing that 'well the CIA would never leak information against the president and it is totally ridiculous to think that the CIA would play politics.'

The fact that this ideology seems to demand a hermetically sealed echo chamber makes it clear how detached from reality the left media has become.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Noone would do something evil like that.

Except RT, Sputnik, Breitbart, Infowars..
    CNN just did it, under the guise of "we are not reporting this story, we are reporting on the fact people are talking about it but, we will never mention it's 6 months old and nobody can confirm any of this". It's the same damn thing. It's not the first time they have done this. All I am saying, is Dan Rather got fired for a pretty similar thing, and he was a legend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw that, and I disagree. Perhaps you disagree with Mika Brzezinski. We are both entitled to our opinions. My point was that a super partisan person agreed with me, against her "side". Your point is that Shepard Smith, a hard news guy who is so committed to not being biased, that he doesn't even vote, agrees with you. Shep isn't a commentator though, so I don't really see them as equally powerful points.
    To my knowledge Mika has not attacked CNN. She's uncomfortable discussing the details of the documents. CNN did not discuss the details of the documents.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    In fact, they went into explanation of where they obtained this document. They've explained everything the reader needs to know to make a judgment. The fact that some readers were too lazy to read that doesn't make the article any less professional.
    Most people still think CNN released the 35-page document. Willful ignorance is a plague.

- - - Updated - - -

CNN just did it, under the guise of "we are not reporting this story, we are reporting on the fact people are talking about it but, we will never mention it's 6 months old and nobody can confirm any of this". It's the same damn thing. It's not the first time they have done this. All I am saying, is Dan Rather got fired for a pretty similar thing, and he was a legend.
    They did report that the information was old.

Deleted
    Trump does a witch hunt on CNN, China and Mexico currently.

While CNN hopefully will be able to ignore trumps personal problems with free press, it seems mexico currently gets into deep trouble thanks to Mr. Trumps politics.

China, on the other hand, will just laugh about Trumps wish to start a trade war.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, what non-factual thing did CNN actually spread. Make sure to show me proof that CNN knew it was not factual. They never stated that the Buzzfeed document was legit.

Otherwise, you have nothing.
    They never stated it was legit. But they also never identified it as thought to be fake by intelligence officials. They never stated the story was 6 months old. They presented it as "breaking news where facts haven't had time to be verified". Yeah, breaking news....6 months old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    To my knowledge Mika has not attacked CNN. She's uncomfortable discussing the details of the documents. CNN did not discuss the details of the documents.
    Correct. They simply talked about them all day long, and spoke of where they could be found. I mean, come on....this is the most obvious media hit job in ages.

Deleted
    No, CNN didnt publish fake news. They just reported about the case and said it still has to be proven.

Trump does a witch hunt on CNN, China and Mexico currently.

While CNN hopefully will be able to ignore trumps personal problems with free press, it seems mexico currently gets into deep trouble thanks to Mr. Trumps politics.

China, on the other hand, will just laugh about Trumps wish to start a trade war.
    I dunno why you think China's in the superior position when it comes to a trade war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The atmosphere of Morning Joe is as if there is a commissar from the politburo just off camera who is ready to shoot anyone that dares to say something too pro-Trump or pro-conservative.
    Joe Scarborough was a Republican congressman in Florida. His voting record is fairly conservative. I listen to a half hour each day on the ride to work. And it's pretty moderate.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I dunno why you think China's in the superior position when it comes to a trade war.
    Idk why people think Russia is an actual threat to national security. So much so that we should be buddies with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct. They simply talked about them all day long, and spoke of where they could be found. I mean, come on....this is the most obvious media hit job in ages.
    For someone that despises CNN, it sure must have been hard to watch them "all day long".

In reality, all major news outlets were discussing this story. Donald Trump was discussing the story. Which causes more outlets to discuss it.

At the end of the day, CNN didn't publish anything fake. You can't blame them for reporting on factual events. It's their job. I'm sorry that you don't like it.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly because they don't care a ton about short-term distress to their people, and they don't exactly have to be politically responsive to their needs.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

They never stated it was legit. But they also never identified it as thought to be fake by intelligence officials. They never stated the story was 6 months old. They presented it as "breaking news where facts haven't had time to be verified". Yeah, breaking news....6 months old.

- - - Updated - - -

They did say they had the information for a while (true).

They said the authenticity of the document could not be verified, and was still in question (true).

You stated that NOBODY was defending CNN. I showed you that it was simply not true. A journalist from their main competitor actually defended them, and I provided the quote. You really shouldn't be providing fake news to everyone, it makes you lose credibility. Your use of hyperbole is undermining your attempt to prove a point.

In case you don't believe me about Shepard Smith defending CNN:

http://www.businessinsider.com/shep-...-report-2017-1

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Idk why people think Russia is an actual threat to national security. So much so that we should be buddies with them.
    Russia's in systemic decline and having good relations with a declining nuclear power strikes me as a useful thing for the eventual securing of those nuclear weapons.

Deleted
    Because the US needs China more than vice versa.

By the end of 2015, Chinese consumers bought 131 million iPhones. The total sales to U.S. customers during the same period stood at only 110 million. And iPhones are only a small part of U.S. exports. Boeing, which employs 150,000 workers in the U.S., estimates that China will buy some 6,810 airplanes over the next 20 years, and that market alone will be worth more than $1 trillion.

A more interesting example (for this site) is game development. Tencent, a chinese company is one of the biggest players and owning many american companies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia's in systemic decline and having good relations with a declining nuclear power strikes me as a useful thing for the eventual securing of those nuclear weapons.
    And I'll say it again. Russia is not interested in having good relations with us. They believe Trump to be a push over and think (as he claims) the US will have a more hands off approach this administration giving them more freedom to flex.

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    Mainly because they don't care a ton about short-term distress to their people, and they don't exactly have to be politically responsive to their needs.
    China, the China who's spent every waking moment touting "Growth Growth Growth" for almost two decades, because the only legitimacy the CCP has is bringing home the bacon? That China doesn't have to be politically responsive to their people's needs? I think the more interesting question involved in a Sino-American trade war is that we'll get to see what a billion people getting angry actually looks like. My forecast? Spooky as heck.

No, CNN didnt publish fake news. They just reported about the case and said it still has to be proven.
    If 6 months of trying, by an entire industry that would LOVE to shred Trump over this, isn't enough time, there will never be enough time. This didn't just land on their desk two days ago. I suspect MILLIONS have been spent chasing this fake news story down. In the end, they just said, "Fuck it lets just run with it but treat it like a breaking news story with developing facts."