Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This patch is perfectly fine. These threads are rediculous at this point. Demon Hunters are the best they've been in terms of performance all expansion. There are multiple viable builds currently. There is still a fine skill cap on the class without momentum (ie, listening to all the idiots complain about being fury starved because they can't figure out how to use Throw Glaive/Fel Rush properly.) Everyone is entitled their opinions, but ignorance breeds ignorance. Stop complaining and ejoy being one of the best classes at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by oodle View Post
    I can hit that dps as well. But I'm actually enjoying it. Not having momentum doesn't change the playstyle that much, the only thing you don't do it vengeful retreat. Fel Rush is still used quite a lot, if not on cooldown. Fel Rush > Felblade is cool to use. We instead have another move to use, Blade Dance. So we lost viability for 2 moves (vengeful and throw glaive) and 2 abilities became viable. So we didn't gain or lose any more abilities.

Thing is, yeah I have anger of the half-giants. The class probably feels worse without it. But then again, it always felt worse without it.

People who say the class is stand still and no more fel rush, simply don't know how to properly play the build and probably do average dps because of it. If you're not still using fel rush because you took nemesis, then you need to stop doing that and actually use it.
    I have the ring as well, there's still moments that I have no fury. It just feels really clunky and resource starved and I don't like it >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I have the ring as well, there's still moments that I have no fury. It just feels really clunky and resource starved and I don't like it >.<
    You probably aren't using Felblade, Fel Rush, and TG correctly.

If you want to just mindlessly spam Chaos Strike then why even play the game?

Deleted
    I don't like the Blur change and that's my biggest complain. Momentum is still the better choice for M+ but playing momentum without the blur FR reset feels kinda boring, damage is still pretty good and the resource starvation... hmmm I guess if you don't have the legendary ring you can feel that way but with the Fellblade/Blind Fury I'm not having any resource issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogarr View Post
    There is still a fine skill cap on the class without momentum (ie, listening to all the idiots complain about being fury starved because they can't figure out how to use Throw Glaive/Fel Rush properly.)
    Yeah that impressive skill of pressing Throw Glaive when nothing else is available. Consider me quite impressed

Quote Originally Posted by madful View Post
    I don't like the Blur change and that's my biggest complain. Momentum is still the better choice for M+ but playing momentum without the blur FR reset feels kinda boring, damage is still pretty good and the resource starvation... hmmm I guess if you don't have the legendary ring you can feel that way but with the Fellblade/Blind Fury I'm not having any resource issues.
    Yeah, it's pretty much the only reason why Nemesis pulls ahead currently. Retarded opener burst with 100% Nem uptime + CB + Meta = 30 seconds of glory (inb4 nerf). If you don't fuck this up you might as well go AFK after that because it's such a huuuge part of your overall damage, even more so with Legendary Belt.

In contrast, we can't have a 100% uptime with Momentum during Meta anymore and it's a weaker damage buff on top of that. They need to increase Momentum uptime again by either buffing Momentum directly or even better by buffing Fel Mastery (reduce FR recharge) and/or Prepared and/or Bloodlet that are all subpar in their tiers currently. That way the other build with Felblade and Nemesis could stay the same and stay viable. We would have 3 unique builds emphasizing on different aspects of Havoc.

But we'll see a nerf in the next weeks anyway. So enjoy the faceroll deeps as long as it lasts...
    Last edited by chooi; 2017-01-12 at 05:03 PM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I think everything is tuned for class sets atm and our bonus increase fury gain by 10%. This should solve your problem. Be happy that you have atleast the ring. Im at 5 legendaries and still dont have 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    This patch is terrible. I can't find a spec i like to play. It is horrible.
    Nemesis isn't an option, it dosn't make fun.
    Demonbite is a pain in the ass.
    The energy reg is sooo horrible (even with ring).
    Demonic sucks.

This patch is crap.
    Demon Hunter obviously isn't for you. Reroll, I would suggest Arcane mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I think everything is tuned for class sets atm and our bonus increase fury gain by 10%. This should solve your problem. Be happy that you have atleast the ring. Im at 5 legendaries and still dont have 1.
    I'm not doubting that tier will solve my problem, I just don't enjoy the current playstyle and how starved for fury we are.

If you are fury starved, perhaps you need more Crit? I am rocking almost the exact same gear prior to patch and i have more fury then i can spend most of the time. Using the ST build which uses DB, i always have something to press. The build options this patch make it a better game state for DH by that alone. Forced into momo build was just bad game design, even if it was fun or not fun to play. If you don't like the class, re-roll and stop bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    If you are fury starved, perhaps you need more Crit? I am rocking almost the exact same gear prior to patch and i have more fury then i can spend most of the time. Using the ST build which uses DB, i always have something to press. The build options this patch make it a better game state for DH by that alone. Forced into momo build was just bad game design, even if it was fun or not fun to play. If you don't like the class, re-roll and stop bitching.
    If you weren't top end you weren't forced - if you are top end ofcourse you should feel pushed to play the most difficult playstyle for most reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    The further I delve into 7.1.5 as a DH, the more dissatisfied I become. I don't have a good legendary, therefore I feel focused starved about 40% of the time with nothing to do. The Eye Beam build is the only build that is GCD locked because of Demons Bites, but I hate spamming an ability and it isn't the highest dps build which is what I am going for.

Is anyone else sitting around without fury more often than before and being bored?
    sounds like a GIGANTIC l2p issue there guy.

876i w/ Head/Bracers/Belt Legendary. 36% crit, 9% haste, 25% mastery, 9% vers, Artifact Rank 32.

In PvE, the new Demonic build is RIDICULOUSLY amazing, IF you can manage your resources correctly, if you can't then you'll be bad. With the same old build, STILL ridiculous. 400k+ easy.

In PvP, DH is absolutely WRECKING everyone. Healers are getting evaporated. That's new for us. Running Fel Blade - Demon Blades(completely viable still, all the QQ'r are just simply bad), First Blood, Netherwalk(Blur and Netherwalk are seperate now lmao so OP), Momentum, MotG, Fel Barrage or Chaos Blades, enemy comp depending. As for the new Honor talents, Demonic Origins is hilariously OP, Imprison is now usable on Humanoids WITHOUT Detainment(which adds 1sec to CC), and taking Mana Break, which is just lights out.

I know you'll figure it out, just keep testing.
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2017-01-12 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogarr View Post
    This patch is perfectly fine. These threads are rediculous at this point. Demon Hunters are the best they've been in terms of performance all expansion. There are multiple viable builds currently. There is still a fine skill cap on the class without momentum (ie, listening to all the idiots complain about being fury starved because they can't figure out how to use Throw Glaive/Fel Rush properly.) Everyone is entitled their opinions, but ignorance breeds ignorance. Stop complaining and ejoy being one of the best classes at the moment.
    Complaining is a thing, I don't and love the patch too, gameplay and performance wise. But insulting people of idiots because they find fury starved which is just the result of probabilities (may the concept is strange to you) is being even more idiots.
    1) Is the gameplay is fury starved : definitively yeah sometimes, when there is bad luck with you but not for long. So there is that perception of the "fury starving" concept
    2) Is the gameplay is fun and performs well: yeah in my opinion.

Sounds like people saying here and there "you're playing wrong" when we were telling there is some periods with 5 sec downtime because of miss. I can teach some probabilities course to them if they want.

I'm not doubting that tier will solve my problem, I just don't enjoy the current playstyle and how starved for fury we are.
    fury starved...? what are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    The same template as everyone with RNG.

Seriously how is it hard to understand if you miss DB for a few sec, if felblade doesn't proc for a few sec you're ending "fury starved" for a few sec.
    This is just your and everyone perception of "fury starved" which makes debate, that's all.
    Guess there is some people that don't even like to be "fury starved" for a few sec 2/3 times in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by oodle View Post
    Kill Time : 1.27

Gee It sure it easy to get super high percentiles when the kill time is that low. Sry but that's nothing special. Oh and you have the belt and ring too. I'm sure it was all skill

When has mythic ursoc ever been a difficult mechanic boss? It's always been stand still and spam shit.

Dur on patchwork all I did was stand still and hit the boss! MY CLASS SUCKS
    did u bother reading the rest of the post or only look at the parse? I was complaining about how little skill it takes to pull off numbers as a DH, a badly skilled DH would hardly be noticeable from a better one, the only difference now is who has better RNG

I kinda like what they did with the class, we hit like trucks now and you have alternate play styles that are viable. I never had a problem with Momentum play style before, but that was the only real worth while option before 7.1.5. Now we have variety. Although the only complaint I as other people do it being a little bit fury starved at times. I don't have the legendary ring, so I do feel it sometimes, but its not game breaking for me at least, just a little frustrating. I really like that fact that I can use Blade Dance now on single target , rather I should use Blade Dance on single target. I still use Fel Rush to fill in those gaps when there isn't much to do, I really scratch my head when I read that most people just don't use it at all....it does pretty good damage, why wouldn't use it??? The other thing I can't wrap my head around are the people who don't care whatsoever if the class is "boring", they don't even care what class they are playing. All they care about is which class does the most DPS and being on top of those damage meters. They rather just hit one button and kill everything with no effort, no strategy. I just don't understand, why even play? I don't understand what you get out of that?....they want to achieve #1 by doing nothing.....sounds about right, no.......

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    The same template as everyone with RNG.

Seriously how is it hard to understand if you miss DB for a few sec, if felblade doesn't proc for a few sec you're ending "fury starved" for a few sec.
    This is just your and everyone perception of "fury starved" which makes debate, that's all.
    Guess there is some people that don't even like to be "fury starved" for a few sec 2/3 times in a fight.
    There's your answer. It doesn't help that most Demon Hunters miss 15-26% of their auto attacks over 5 minutes.

Having nothing to do for a few seconds is boring and garbage gameplay. You should always have something to hit and having 4 abilities on a minute or longer cooldown is retarded.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You could get 99th percentile while playing far below perfect on momentum, so please link me all your R1 logs where you decided to go momentum for a night (as that is the level it would be at - nearly noone was playing it perfectly due to the nature of it).
    What does this have to do with anything I said?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    What does this have to do with anything I said?
    Well you're calling momentum easy, prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."