Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Aspect of the beast feels better than killer cobra

Im testing it in a dummy and it looks like my dps is slighty higher with aspect of the beast , of course i lack a third kill command relic and also im not sure how much difference it will make with new set bonuses , right now aspect isnt really weaker than killer cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Im testing it in a dummy and it looks like my dps is slighty higher with aspect of the beast , of course i lack a third kill command relic and also im not sure how much difference it will make with new set bonuses , right now aspect isnt really weaker than killer cobra.
    It is weaker, however it's also passive, which means it works right out of the box without requiring any input from you.

It's not that far behind killer cobra, however, which would mean that making bad use of killer cobra would end up being a lot worse than just using aspect of the beast. So Aspect of the Beast is preferable to screwing up Killer Cobra.

From what i testes, AOTB is great IF you don't have the belt, which is my case.

Also, if you go for aspect of the beast, you can pick way of the cobra on lvl 15 talents, since you are not that focus hungry.

But as soon as i get the belt, this talent becomes useless.

Deleted
    It's interesting because I never even looked at the talent. But since you mentioned it I ran a quick simulation through AMR.

Heroic Ursoc simulation:

383k DPS with Dire Stable and Killer Cobra, the usual pick.

394k DPS with Dire Stable and Aspect of the Beast instead.

401k DPS with Way of the Cobra and Aspect of the Beast.

Color me surprised. Though during an AoE scenario I would not be using Cobra Shot so the extra focus from Dire Stable would feed more Multi-Shots.

Shortening the fight to 30 seconds just to check the burst of Killer Cobra shows though. 498k Killer Cobra vS 480k Aspect of the Beast.

Interestingly enough simply increasing the fight to one minute has Aspect pulling ahead to 416k VS 411k with Killer Cobra.

I'm holding 450k ST on a dummy for atleast 6min.

using way of the cobra + aspect of the beast

Results are pretty much the same with bestial fury or blink strikes

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    It's interesting because I never even looked at the talent. But since you mentioned it I ran a quick simulation through AMR.

Heroic Ursoc simulation:

Color me surprised. Though during an AoE scenario I would not be using Cobra Shot so the extra focus from Dire Stable would feed more Multi-Shots.

Shortening the fight to 30 seconds just to check the burst of Killer Cobra shows though. 498k Killer Cobra vS 480k Aspect of the Beast.

Interestingly enough simply increasing the fight to one minute has Aspect pulling ahead to 416k VS 411k with Killer Cobra.
    Does the belt change this in favor of killer cobra? I have the belt but im not sure if i should play killer cobra for the sake of it.

Deleted
    Does the belt change this in favor of killer cobra? I have the belt but im not sure if i should play killer cobra for the sake of it.
    Give it a go with your gear: http://www.askmrrobot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post

Heroic Ursoc simulation:

Ran sims as well. Lower ilvl (870) 32 traits, crappy relics, sephs secret as my legendary

Dire stable/killer cobra 305,850
    way/killer cobra 311,756
    dire stable/AotB 318,942
    way/AotB 325,734

gonna give it a spin in LFR to see if it actually translates in game.

As a side noted there was a negligible (<1%) difference in my dps between bestial fury and blink strikes

EDIT: I went ahead and poked through some top BM hunter logs until I found one using Bracers/Belt, which seems like it would give the best possible nudge toward stable/killer cobra, and Way/AotB was still the highest talent configuration.

Once again this is entirely based on a single sim, and may not actually transfer to the game, but it's certainly coming up higher in the sim right now in almost any case.
    Last edited by Threndsa; 2017-01-12 at 09:46 PM.

883 ilvl, legendary bracers and helm. Way of the cobra/Aspect of the beast simming at least 5% higher than Dire stable/Killer cobra on single target, and only 1% lower on aoe.

My hunter is Shuvitin on Sargeras. I gotta switch to Soldier enchant.
    Last edited by Inerras; 2017-01-12 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inerras View Post
    883 ilvl, legendary bracers and helm. Way of the cobra/Aspect of the beast simming at least 5% higher than Dire stable/Killer cobra on single target, and only 1% lower on aoe.

My hunter is Shuvitin on Sargeras. I gotta switch to Soldier enchant.
    What about Dire Stable/Aspect?

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    What about Dire Stable/Aspect?
    Dire stable/aspect and Way of the cobra/killer cobra are both simming lower than Way of the cobra/Aspect of the beast. Ran sims on all 3 of our raiding hunters, same results within 0.5%. Will be doing dummy tests when I get home from work.
    Last edited by Inerras; 2017-01-12 at 10:16 PM.

can you guys sim big game hunter + one with the pack with aotb & killer cobra? i tried it on nythedra today and it didnt look that bad , if someone with belt could also sim all the combinations would be nice , i dont have subscription on amr therefore i cant sim i think.

can you guys sim big game hunter + one with the pack with aotb & killer cobra? i tried it on nythedra today and it didnt look that bad , if someone with belt could also sim all the combinations would be nice , i dont have subscription on amr therefore i cant sim i think.
    You can sim without sub on amr, I think it's the gear in bags option that's disabled after the first few uses. But anyway, aotb still sims 3% higher than killer cobra with bgh+owtp.
    Last edited by Inerras; 2017-01-12 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    From what i remember pre buff it was close on AMR sims but ingame results didn't back that up.. could be the case here.. i really need to check.. its gonna make BM even less interactive if true

BM, have helm and wrist legendaries. 885 ilvl, bloodthirsty instinct, eye of guarm trinkets.
    Sim with AskMrRobot. It rounded my stats to 20 crit, 20 haste, 80 mastery, which is close to what i have.
    On both ST and AOE, aspect of the beast and blink strikes show top tier.
    Way of the cobra ST. Dire stable AOE.

Not gettings the overall top tier numbers with aspect of the beast on target dummies tho but very close with killer cobra using recount.
    Bestial Fury was lowest on sim and dummies, so blink strikes it is, thats a given.
    Having aspect of the beast being very close to killer cobra and near error proof, im going to be running it for awhile and test against the other 2 bm hunters in my guild. =p

Don't care enough to take a record of numbers, sorries.

I ran sims , i have the legendary belt and helm

Direstable+killer cobra 386871

Direstable+Aotb 389731

Wotc+Aotb 398369

Owtp+bgh+kc 379450

Owtp+bgh+Aotb 384110

So even with the belt aotb+wotc pull ahead , keep in mind you can never fail with aotb and also its much better on aoe situations where you have to spam multishot because you cant make good use of kc at those situations.

I ran sims , i have the legendary belt and helm

Direstable+killer cobra 386871

Direstable+Aotb 389731

Wotc+Aotb 398369

Owtp+bgh+kc 379450

Owtp+bgh+Aotb 384110

So even with the belt aotb+wotc pull ahead , keep in mind you can never fail with aotb and also its much better on aoe situations where you have to spam multishot because you cant make good use of kc at those situations.
    Please dont sim on AMR the results aren't accurate. The error of margin/sim scenario is too high/skewed.

Well, did several 100 mil damage tests on dummy. On average, I'm gettting 4k dps lower with Dire stable/killer cobra. I can't seem to get that 5% increase with Wotc+Aotb, but it does seem to be slightly better, at least on dummy.

Yes, sims are totally free on AMR
    @Cover25 can you elaborate? You can change the margin of error in the settings if that's what you're referring to. It's under 'more options' on the right side.

What do you mean by sim scenario? Fill me in!
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Yes, sims are totally free on AMR
    @Cover25 can you elaborate? You can change the margin of error in the settings if that's what you're referring to. It's under 'more options' on the right side.

What do you mean by sim scenario? Fill me in!
    Settings on AMR were very hard to modify without it completely breaking (I couldnt change sim time of patchwerk without breaking the sim). I stopped using AMR and lost complete faith when it told me to stack haste as a feral druid (Beating out all other three stats by like 3 points). When I did a sim on SimC it showed and still does show haste as my worst stat.