Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demon Blades without the ring 7.1.5

I have not touched the game for a few months, been playing ever since vanilla beta and Draenor just put me off the game, got back into it when legion launched, but after a while it just ends up the same old. Been kinda curious to try out the new specs, but thought i would ask here first, demon blades viable without the ring? I absolutely hated playing with anything but demon blades and if its just a waste of time using it without the ring, im just gonna stay away
    Last edited by Hemanse; 2017-01-12 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemanse View Post
    I have not touched the game for a few months, been playing ever since vanilla beta and Draenor just put me off the game, got back into it when legion launched, but after a while it just ends up the same old. Been kinda curious to try out the new specs, but thought i would ask here first, demon blades viable without the ring? I absolutely hated playing with anything but demon blades and if its just a waste of time using it without the ring, im just gonna stay away
    its not a waste of time, but obviously it isnt as good...

Hemanse Ring is insanly important to do good dps and for the spec not to be clunky and furry starving. but there is a viable spec that is ok whitout.

"my post on bord" i manedge to deliver 555k dps on 1 boss EN where a person whit the ring was 600+ so obviusly get the ring and you are good.

Demon Blades is literally unplayable without the ring or the T-Set.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah that is for sure since even with the ring it "can" be harsh I can imagine the downtime without. But mainly the same situation as before. The closest build is 232x311

No, before you barely had any downtime when you took Fel blade. Like nearly nothing. Not even that does not help.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Yeah that is for sure since even with the ring it "can" be harsh I can imagine the downtime without. But mainly the same situation as before. The closest build is 232x311
    Have you had any luck with taking prepared over DA?

As someone without the ring...

Demon Blades is by no way unplayable without it. You just have time to hit other things if you get a drought...like FelRush, and Throw Glaive

Do I wish I had the ring? Sure...but it is no more unplayable than Cata rogue or wrath/cata feral where you may find yourself with 2 or 3 seconds without the ability to hit the button you want to press.

Is it bad enough to have me switch away from Demon Blades and have to mindlessly spam Demon Bite?
    All I an say to that is "No chance in hell"...I don't need carpel tunnel syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    100% false. I don't have the ring or any other good legendaries currently. I still parse 95th+ regularly on Mythic content.

If you are Fury starved, chances are you are playing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogarr View Post
    100% false. I don't have the ring or any other good legendaries currently. I still parse 95th+ regularly on Mythic content.

Link that log.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Link that log.
    I mean obviously it isn't optimal without ring but you aren't starved. Mythic Ursoc Tuesday:

Fury: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=25&spell=117
    Damage: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Thats with helm+sephuz

^ this. The ring helps sure, but 2220311 is still pretty busted even without the ring. If you have 40%+ crit then you'll be fine, if you don't, you shouldn't expect to parse high anyways.

As someone who is fury starved and am sure I'm playing wrong, do you have any advice?

If your parsing high, chances are you are geared/play a lot for AP. Stop speaking about parsing here and there it makes me sick.
    Being fury starved during some periods even with the ring is not playing bad it's mathematic. So without the ring I can't imagine how bad can it be seriously even if DB is still competitive for sure.

Bought a month with gold, but its clear to me thats its not the class or the spec, its just the game thats gotten dull after 10 years, atleast for me.

If you are Fury starved, chances are you are playing wrong.[/QUOTE]

Thats probberly the most stupid i have heard all day eighter you have the ring or your not playing on your dh much.
    In metA form you will get starved enles your ekstremly lucky

So we have 892 ilvl+ people here coming and speaking for the majority: "no you are not fury starved with this buld ! Here are my stats"
    You know the majority is not even at 875 ? Right ? Ok. Let's start again the debate.

I Got 890 and still i get phases where im starved i still do good single target dmg but its just so clunky when you are en meta and are w8ting for mele hit or a lucky felblad proc

I tried out a 2223311 build and it just doesnt feel like a fun spec, the eye beam build looks kinda fun tho, but im also again guessing that depends on having the headpiece to actually work correctly. I really wish Blizzard would just realise that yes its exciting when you get that new legendary, but also a pain in the ass having to farm endlessly to actually get the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    If your parsing high, chances are you are geared/play a lot for AP. Stop speaking about parsing here and there it makes me sick.
    Being fury starved during some periods even with the ring is not playing bad it's mathematic. So without the ring I can't imagine how bad can it be seriously even if DB is still competitive for sure.
    The point is that you don't need the ring...at 35% crit 35% mastery I'm still parsing well...gear is not the issue. IT's an L2P issue