Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Well, you either A) want him to successfuly rob the store and get more guns out to criminals or b) want the owner to use equal force and stop him from getting guns...So yes, thats what you're saying, you're actively wanting criminals to get more guns. Pathetic.
    Except that's not what I want but ok believe what you want.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I can understand the concern but I won't fault a person for - in the heat of the moment with no military training - opting to save their own life.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking hell would y'all drop this already? The major thing isn't "oh no guns are going to get into the hands of more criminals!". The man didn't fire back because he was trying to prevent crime he fired back because he felt his life was in danger and rightfully so.
    it depends on what state this took place in. states like florida,colorado,texas and several others (i think wyoming is another) have a stand your ground law where self defense like this is entirely legal...wisconsin also allows for this....as long as it's in your own home and not in public spaces. we just passed it in 2011. some states don't allow it regardless of circumstances.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only outcome should be what happened or at best wounding him. Yes he could have just left the guy to rob him, and where the hell are those guns going to go? In the hands of criminals. So in your ideal messed up world you'd rather see criminals get a load of guns and ammo than some lowlife get killed mid robber. Brilliant.
    what? does police and prisons not exist in your world? the guy should go to prison, not get killed by some self-justified gun wielding old guy

this isnt self-defense thats downright murder
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it depends on what state this took place in. states like florida,colorado,texas and several others (i think wyoming is another) have a stand your ground law where self defense like this is entirely legal...wisconsin also allows for this....as long as it's in your own home and not in public spaces. we just passed it in 2011. some states don't allow it regardless of circumstances.
    Well this was Georgia I think. Not sure what their stance on it is but the guy isn't arrested so I imagine he's all good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    what? does police and prisons not exist in your world? the guy should go to prison, not get killed by some self-justified gun wielding old guy

Maybe in your hypothetical of a robbery and then killing after the fact. It's purely self dense to shoot someone that aims a gun at you.

Deleted
    First off, I believe the right to keep and bear arms costs the American people more than it prevents, U.S "civilian gun involved" incidents are as often a kid shooting another kid or adult, as there are in legitimate self defense cases ("gun involved" by civilians, are recorded and available to review). This is without looking at firearms used for criminal intent.

However, I am English and have instructed a couple of the EU capital's Police Depts in advanced pistol use, so cannot be considered a "gun hater", they are a tool for a job.

The take down on the guy who was attempting to draw another pistol from his pocket( might have been tempted to laugh at him first) appears clean, but it is hard to establish from CC TV. The shots taken at the second bloke missed their mark and this carries completely unknown risk from the CC TV footage, we can't speculate what backdrop was behind the target from this. If the store owner has prepared for this moment (probable), I'd hope that bystanders (or lack of) was figured in the equation when he decided to pull the trigger on the second robber. In an environment which you have the highest familiarity of and can expect armed robbery, it's common to drill what constitutes a shot likely to endanger others, and would aim to establish a position where such a threat was removed.

On the comments on body armour; if a target takes a double tap to the body and the head remains visible, the third is to the head. A couple of infamous FBI failures in this context led to this becoming drilled in modern law enforcement.

Overall, where conditions exist that make the use of firearms in this type of criminal activity likely (U.S), I can't lambast the man for stopping it in the thorough manner he did, it was the only appropriate response, presuming no threat to others.

10+ Year Old Account

Most robbers, like these two fine gentlemen, are not caught. Because real life isn't CSI miami where they have access to these super detective mode computers, cameras, and creating evidence out of thin air.

They threatened the life of the old man and his colleague. He responded in kind. That isn't murder, that's self defense, you idiot libtard. Go away please, so tired of you guys making these comments. Literally makes my blood boil that you would prefer the old man grab his ankles and potentially get killed than to stand up and fight back.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

so only outcome in your book would be kill him or he gets away, brilliant
    all life doesn't matter, some of it asks to be snuffed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I can understand the concern but I won't fault a person for - in the heat of the moment with no military training - opting to save their own life.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking hell would y'all drop this already? The major thing isn't "oh no guns are going to get into the hands of more criminals!". The man didn't fire back because he was trying to prevent crime he fired back because he felt his life was in danger and rightfully so.
    What the fuck are you on about, I know why he did it, the discussion is about wider consequences and outcomes, keep up with the thread before running your mouth off.

The most criminal thing here: The stupidity.

Seriously? Trying to rob a gun store, when its open, in broad daylight....?

And whats with the guns Akimbo? Anyone that knows anything about guns knows that shit is only good for intimidation (save some extremely talented people that can pull off actually doing it, and even then its more of a party trick than an optimal combat tactic).

They attempted to do the most stupid thing, at the most stupid time, in the most stupid way, and are probably shocked it didn't work. Hope these guys didn't have a chance to breed. America has enough problems with armed idiots running around.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck are you on about, I know why he did it, the discussion is about wider consequences and outcomes, keep up with the thread before running your mouth off.
    I'm saying that you're playing into somebody that's refusing to even acknowledge the real events that took place were justified. Kind of pointless imo but carry on if you wish.

10+ Year Old Account

You're right prison and confiscation of his guns is the absolute ideal outcome, the likelihood is he won't get caught and we now have tons of guns in criminals hands. Good job.

Anyone who wants to side with the armed robber in this case is just an irrational human being.

No amount of debate will change my opinion on the matter.

Good shoot. The world is a better off place when he dropped dead. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Anyone who wants to side with the armed robber in this case is just an irrational human being.

No amount of debate will change my opinion on the matter.

Good shoot. The world is a better off place when he dropped dead. Period.
    Jake gets it.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    Most robbers, like these two fine gentlemen, are not caught. Because real life isn't CSI miami where they have access to these super detective mode computers, cameras, and creating evidence out of thin air.

They threatened the life of the old man and his colleague. He responded in kind. That isn't murder, that's self defense, you idiot libtard. Go away please, so tired of you guys making these comments. Literally makes my blood boil that you would prefer the old man grab his ankles and potentially get killed than to stand up and fight back.
    I actually love Nnyco's straight-forward approach at letting us know that they are a weak coward. When push comes to shove, some portion of the population will cower and wimper, and I for one love that this type of weak-minded individual letting the world know who they are. Makes it easier to avoid them.

It is self defense if the perp is armed.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    I actually love Nnyco's straight-forward approach at letting us know that they are a weak coward. When push comes to shove, some portion of the population will cower and wimper, and I for one love that this type of weak-minded individual letting the world know who they are. Makes it easier to avoid them.
    Yep. And even better, once the zombie apocalypse hits, we've got great zombie bait right here in this thread. Go ahead guys, go hug it out; you've got this.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

It's very very easy, don't want to die don't try rob a gun store, thy should put a sign that says high chance of death if you try rob us so even the most stupid would see.

And it does not matter how hard laws you have people on drugs will not think of how hard of a sentence they will get untill they sober up then the cries and panic comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    Yeah, like not trying to rob a gun store. That's a good start.
    Among other things, yes.

what a 'merica thread right here, guy got killed for robbin a store and people are fine with it
    And apparently you place little value on your own life.

what a 'merica thread right here, guy got killed for robbin a store and people are fine with it
    Go back to sleep snowflake