Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PVP balance in 7.1.5

Several clips of PVP balance in 7.1.5.

http://forge.gg/i/VmlkZW86ODc5MTAx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8...FRcV81SU0/view

https://clips.twitch.tv/ziqoftw/WrongYakBloodTrail

I am speechless.

And here we were talking about things like 35+ artifact power. Man, we should have talked about much more basic things. They didn't do a single arena before releasing this... patch.

Vote away.

Clearly DH were in need of buffs. They were able to kill you in 5 seconds before which was way too long. Now it's 2 seconds which seems fair.

In all seriousness I don't think the developers did a single arena match. I don't know how this shit hits live over and over again. They have billions of dollars and teams of 100s of people and this is the end product. The 'best' they can do. Really disappointing and a real let down for the PvP community. I'm not even going to act surprised.
    Last edited by sarkarin; 2017-01-12 at 02:57 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarkarin View Post
    In all seriousness I don't think the developers did a single arena match
    Holinka once got asked if he played 3s, he said he did the 100 wins for the mount every season.

And that's your lead PvP developer right there.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-12 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Holinka once got asked if he played 3s. He said he did the 100 wins for the mount every season.

Well, Whore-lunky has better things to do...like watching high ranked RBG teams cheat like drunken sailors and doing jack shit about it, because Blizz loves the sales and free advertising they get as a result of their Twitch/YT's. He wouldn't make a pimple on a good dev's ass, but he's making sure he can pick up his paycheck every Friday.

rda - it wouldn't have done much good to talk about it. Blizz has their agenda for where they're taking WoW and if anyone doesn't like it, they'll tell you 'it's OUR game, we're just letting you play it'...of course usually only uttered after they get your money for the next xpac and a few month's sub. They may make a few "adjustments" around the edges but otherwise it's full speed ahead on the Ship of Fools.

How anyone can support these fucking pukes is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've seen this at the start of every other season for years now. The difference since WoD is that it gets hotfixed way faster than in the past.

It went to the point that I managed to get a suspension on the official forums - the first ever.

I legit think I am done with arena already for this season. (And with the official forums forever - the reason for the suspension was "harassment" towards a CM, tied to the use of a meme which the CM didn't know or pretended not to know. Ah, to hell with that, nothing of value was lost.)

Regarding whether they screw PVP up intentionally or they are just that stupid, I don't even care. The end result is terrible enough in both cases.

Frankly, this patch managed to exhaust the remaining bits of good will and patience I had towards WoW devs after Blizzcon and its hype. I don't know, on one hand I don't want to say that I am going to quit, because I quit once already and returned back, but on the other hand, I don't understand how I can play this either...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    We've seen this at the start of every other season for years now. The difference since WoD is that it gets hotfixed way faster than in the past.
    No, what we are seeing now is quite different in several important ways, but I won't get into a discussion because I am too apathetic at the moment.

Deleted
    Melees still owning in pvp?
    If so, little to nothing happened to the balance

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    We see it getting worse with every patch? No.

7.0 was bad, 7.1 was worse, 7.1.5 is an utter catastrophe.

Deleted
    pvp should be disabled at this point.

terrible part of the game.

Holinka once got asked if he played 3s, he said he did the 100 wins for the mount every season.

Depends if you interpret the question as how much rated do you play as "just another player", or how much do you play as a developer.

There are issues, and very big ones.
    But something like that assumption only works to make developers less open to feedback, not more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Depends if you interpret the question as how much rated do you play as "just another player", or how much do you play as a developer.

But something like that assumption only works to make developers less open to feedback, not more.
    What are we supposed to do, coddle the lying bastards? They were given loads of well-reasoned, polite feedback for a year and it made no difference. If they can't put their big boy pants on and deal with the anger and mess that they themselves have created, then they should be fired or leave their jobs.

Too goddamned bad if they don't like the negative feedback they're getting. I'm sure we'd all like to hide from the flak if we did as poorly toward our customers as Blizz has done.

This is millions of dollars involved and a whole lot of people's time & money. It's a cop out and cowardly excuse to say, "developers might be less open to feedback" if customers get on their asses. It also shows Blizzard's unmitigated arrogance to even suggest it.

At this point the best thing to do is not spend another dime on Blizz products or subs. Let the devs iterate on that for awhile.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-01-12 at 08:35 PM.

If they tuned Frost Dk, Demon Hunters and Ele shaman down this season could have some serious potential. They need to also fix the feral ferocious bite health reduction. Buff Frost mages so melee cleaves don't dominate the ladder so easy.

Right now the secret "sleeping" OP specs are fire mage, spriest and destro lock. Otherwise in my experience this damage level and healing actually feels good.

Healers that say damage is to high but I found it very managable so far. Unless there is a DH, Ele, Fdk or feral in the game it feels good.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

Someone who only plays arena for the 100 mounts is classified as a casual.

Casuals shouldn't be lead devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Most casters are very good, if not broken.
    Watched Xaryu play ele, dmg is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Yea, its worse than ever.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by FarmI3oy View Post
    If they tuned Frost Dk, Demon Hunters and Ele shaman down this season could have some serious potential. They need to also fix the feral ferocious bite health reduction. Buff Frost mages so melee cleaves don't dominate the ladder so easy.

Right now the secret "sleeping" OP specs are fire mage, spriest and destro lock. Otherwise in my experience this damage level and healing actually feels good.

Healers that say damage is to high but I found it very managable so far. Unless there is a DH, Ele, Fdk or feral in the game it feels good.
    Frost Mages do not need buffs, please stop

Deleted
    Bad players getting killed by DH's, nothing wrong with PvP stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwowwxoxo View Post
    Frost Mages do not need buffs, please stop
    I'm not sure what is so good about frost mages right in your opinion. Frost Bolt outside of ice form hits for around 70k and you have to cast 5 of them to work up to casting glacial..... Please tell me what is so good about them? I haven't seen anyone playing it. Most high profile mages rerolled elemental shaman or warlock.

Someone who only plays arena for the 100 mounts is classified as a casual.

Casuals shouldn't be lead devs.
    Ignorant assumption as my statement pointed out.
    Just proving my point.
    This is why we don't get the communication we think we should be.

Casual by your arbitrary and artificial definition purely to prove your "superiority".
    You have a superior ability to remain willfully ignorant certainly.

Time spent playing is also time not doing anything else, like actually being a developer.
    They can't be too much of one without compromising the other.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-13 at 12:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I am going to hold off judgment till this coming Tuesday as the biggest round of tuning is coming then for PVE and PVP.