Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Why would anyone say that?

Equal force met with equal force is just fine and I'm certainly against guns in general.

Edit: Shit, someone actually said that...I take it back, there are people stupid enough to say that.

Yeh, got some usuals around here I'v learned to expect that sort from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    so only outcome in your book would be kill him or he gets away, brilliant
    Well those were the options, Comply or kill him. Complying WILL result in the theft of more guns, do you honestly think the cops will find the guys before they can disperse at least SOME of those guns? Those guns could be in the wind by the end of that day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    and let the robbers get away with x amount of unregistered guns that they manage to steal? That they will sell to people, likely to be used in the commission of more violent crime.
    Fixed

10chairs.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Everyone knows you only rob gun stores during the apocalypse by ramming a vehicle into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Let the police do their job and the insurance companies do theirs?

Yes, the chance of the police unable to do their job is a risk I would be willing to take to not jeopardize the lives of bystanders.

HOPING the cops find the guys AND the guns they stole and sold to other hoods, does that. Unregistered guns out in the wild. Gee I wonder what would be done with them.

Your choice is to HOPE nothing bad comes from that. This mans choice was to nip that nonsense in the bud. Good for him.

- - - Updated - - -

what? does police and prisons not exist in your world? the guy should go to prison, not get killed by some self-justified gun wielding old guy

this isnt self-defense thats downright murder
    OK, in your world, how long do the cops take to catch these guys?

They rob the store, out in 90 seconds, with a load of guns. How long before those are in the wind? Sold or traded away likely never to be recovered?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    HOPING the cops find the guys AND the guns they stole and sold to other hoods, does that. Unregistered guns out in the wild. Gee I wonder what would be done with them.

Your choice is to HOPE nothing bad comes from that. This mans choice was to nip that nonsense in the bud. Good for him.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, in your world, how long do the cops take to catch these guys?

They rob the store, out in 90 seconds, with a load of guns. How long before those are in the wind? Sold or traded away likely never to be recovered?
    So you'd rather put the lives of innocent people in the surrounding area in immediate risk rather than trust the police?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Everyone knows you only rob gun stores during the apocalypse by ramming a vehicle into them.
    Zombie apocalypse

what a 'merica thread right here, guy got killed for robbin a store and people are fine with it
    He was threatening the lives of everyone in the store with a gun. Someone found the threat credible and responded with equivalent force. If the robber even downgraded to a knife, I could see the argument that a gun owner could scare them off without needing to actually fire their gun like this guy because they could attempt that from outside the range of the robber's weapon. What you're saying is essentially that if a victim has a gun pulled on them, they have no choice but to pray to god the person threatening to kill them with a gun will have the decency to not just kill them with that gun. That is ridiculous. Now chasing down a fleeing robber is different, and he should not have done that.

what? does police and prisons not exist in your world? the guy should go to prison, not get killed by some self-justified gun wielding old guy

this isnt self-defense thats downright murder
    Please watch the local news feed that was linked on one of the first pages. Witnesses stated that the perpetrators stated they were A. going to kill them and B. shot at them.

I'm genuinely curious what threshold must be met for you personally to feel that you need to defend your own life? Is there one? Do you just wait until some authority arrives to help you no matter what?

There is also tons of videos out there where robbers shoot and kill the clerks straight away, you only live once so you should not take chances just like the guy in the video here he shoots and kills them straight away.

The witnesses, the store surveillance camera all point to the ROBBERS shooting first, so the people inside would have died if they did not defend themselves. While I do agree after killing the first guy, shooting at the other guy running away (off camera, I really can't tell if he is firing back or running) is a risk to public safety, but when you are in a fight for your life, you can't really stop to analyze every moment. Its not an excuse for that, but we have the benefit of sitting at our computers to think about the situation logically, he did not.

Also, during the news video there is a 3-4ft brick wall at the other end of the parking lot, since mythbusters proved bullet drops from handguns do still follow the laws of physics, most, if not all, the shots would have hit the brick wall from that distance. The real danger was anyone in the parking lot, if there were any at the time.

So you'd rather put the lives of innocent people in the surrounding area in immediate risk rather than trust the police?
    Trust the police to what? Ensure that man and his employee were not killed during the commission of that armed robbery? No I dont.

Killing the robbers to stop the robbery was a secondary effect of the primary concern, protecting his and his workers life. Mission accomplished.

10+ Year Old Account
    what a 'merica thread right here, guy got killed for robbin a store and people are fine with it
    Yup, no issue with it at all. I only wish it happened to more armed robbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, its not like the police are very good shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I see this and think "See, that guy is obviously trained and capable of using a gun. If someone wants to own one, why not have some training requirements attached to ownership. Be like that guy"
    Who says he's trained? Whose to say he doesnt play one of the shooting games like IDPA or Bullseye. Those aren't training.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Who says he's trained? Whose to say he doesnt play one of the shooting games like IDPA or Bullseye. Those aren't training.
    Can't say for sure, but I'd say it's a safe assumption. He drew and planted 2 shots without panic or hesitation. Looks liked trained confidence to me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

R.I.P. Glass Carrying Case. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's not a good idea to rob a gun store. I support what this guy did.

*graphic content*

Nothing of value was lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well, its not like the police are very good shots.
    I think they train at the same place storm troopers trained.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Those are a form of training. Not sure I understand your logic.

Someone who participates in competitions like this, or 3-gun are going to be vastly superior in mechanics and shots than someone who just buys a gun, plinks a piece of paper on a static range once a month.

I don't do competitions, but I do regularly attend training courses by a retired Delta Medic who trains police/swat int he Atlanta area. Our training is basically the same thing as competition just without a timer and point system. Fundamentals are the same and we use obstacle/barriers like they do.

Robbing a gun store is a great idea.

Robbing a gun store while there are staff in it, now THAT'S a bad idea.

Kind of like how robbing anywhere while people are there is a bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, crazy thought, institute gun control so you don't have armed robbers holding up gun stores in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Gramps is a pretty good shot, looks like the first bullet fired down the lane killed the first dumbass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tijuana View Post
    nothing of value was lost.

- - - updated - - -

i think they train at the same place storm troopers trained.
    rofl!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Robbing a gun store is a great idea.

Robbing a gun store while there are staff in it, now THAT'S a bad idea.

Kind of like how robbing anywhere while people are there is a bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Or, crazy thought, institute gun control so you don't have armed robbers holding up gun stores in the first place.
    Then they will hold up the weed stores, banks, etc with guns, BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER GET RID OF GUNS IN THE US.

rofl!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Then they will hold up the weed stores, banks, etc with guns, BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER GET RID OF GUNS IN THE US.
    Damn right we won't. They can pry them from our cold dead hands, or they can just not have them.