Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Encenoa View Post
    I'm having some difficulty figuring our the best trinket setup for my character currently due to Naraxas' Spiked Tongue's simcraft difficulty.

The 3 options are:

885 w/ Socket - Naraxas' Spiked Tongue
    880 Bloodthirsty Instinct
    860 Unstable Arcanocrystal

I typically simcraft to make these decisions, but simcraft and Narax just don't mix so I was wondering what your experience is in this situation. Does the titanforged value improve it beyond Arcano?
    Im pretty sure arcano> all others

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is a number 1 parse. I guess, he is trying to figure out why someone using the sub-optimal spec did so well. The issue is people don't actually know what is currently the optimal spec. Because, simulations do not equal what is being seen in game. And therefore, everything is screwy.

If he just wants an evaluation of the efficiency of play. Then play breakdown on checkmywow will probably be fine to look at. This player by the looks of it played near flawlessly. And for it got the top end parse. Sadly, that parse is still a couple hundred thousand behind other classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    Im pretty sure arcano> all others
    Incorrect. The new trinket sims are out and its ~ #6 overall. The secondary nerf effected it.

Deleted
    Incorrect. The new trinket sims are out and its ~ #6 overall. The secondary nerf effected it.
    I see. damn , I have both arans and arcano and now they are both terrible.
    Luckily I also have 870 bloodthirsty and the Urn so not too bad I guess.

Doesnt really matter though because Im not staying MM if nothing changes from now.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God damn, is Arans really that bad now? What about multi-target fights? Is it alright for that? I have the set for Arans as well.
    But if it's worse in general, I have an 885 Bloodthirsty and the Urn.

@Azortharion
    Question for you, when will the multi-target sims be up?

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If you are not capable/into the idea of playing the best talent setup, the guide does recommend playing Sidewinders because it's way easier.. And that's what someone did. What feedback were you thinking of? 622k is rather low considering the spec's single target potential.
    I'm guessing he's pointing out that the log he linked to is the #2 hunter parse on any single target fight in either raid since 7.1.5 hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the single target trinket sims are out at least. No multi-target sims yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    God damn, is Arans really that bad now? What about multi-target fights? Is it alright for that? I have the set for Arans as well.
    But if it's worse in general, I have an 885 Bloodthirsty and the Urn.

@Azortharion
    Question for you, when will the multi-target sims be up?
    Arans proc rate was nerfed to half of what it was before (1.8 PPM to .9 or so), so yea, it's pretty much shit in all scenarios. Remember, a mastery statstick improves your AOE damage as much as it does single, because mastery just increases your damage, period.

Oh well. I ran Kara 11 times and used a coin on medivh every week since it was released. Never got the trinket. Guess I won't bother any more.

This sort of thing is just so illustrative of how completely inept Blizzard are at balancing changes. I mean, they could have nerfed the proc rate by 25% to bring it more in line with other trinkets, and give people a meaningful choice to make. Instead they choose to nerf it into the ground to make it completely useless. Why? What purpose does that serve?
    Last edited by ydraw; 2017-01-12 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubulous View Post
    You could however....not do your emmisary quest Sunday and Monday and on tuesday you would have 3 of them ready to go....Assuming they dont reset it and everyone gets 3 regardless tuesday, anyone know if they are doing this?
    Since they managed to not reset the emissaries with the patch, I'm pretty sure they won't do that when Nighthold opens.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Will Pawn stat weights be updated soon to reflect the changes to secondary stats?
    If you want to get them yourself (which will be more accurate) this video explains simply how you do it and what you need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvjkW0ZkxM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Arans proc rate was nerfed to half of what it was before (1.8 PPM to .9 or so), so yea, it's pretty much shit in all scenarios. Remember, a mastery statstick improves your AOE damage as much as it does single, because mastery just increases your damage, period.
    It's still great in M+. Running MOS boosts as BM and it's usually in my top 3 (880 aran's + 880 chest). With that being said, I'm also currently at 34 on my weapon and have 0 BM legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedirt View Post
    It's still great in M+. Running MOS boosts as BM and it's usually in my top 3 (880 aran's + 880 chest). With that being said, I'm also currently at 34 on my weapon and have 0 BM legendaries.
    Imagine your damage if you used a decent trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Imagine your damage if you used a decent trinket.
    I dunno. I'm coupling it with 885 BTI and occasionally swap Aran's out with 865 Arcano + socket or my 890 Guarm Crit, none seem to offer the better benefit as all it takes is one or two procs on 4 - 5+ packs and Aran's skyrockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedirt View Post
    I dunno. I'm coupling it with 885 BTI and occasionally swap Aran's out with 865 Arcano + socket or my 890 Guarm Crit, none seem to offer the better benefit as all it takes is one or two procs on 4 - 5+ packs and Aran's skyrockets.
    hahahahaha you actually think ruby is better than either of those trinkets. what a joke.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Hi fellow hunters, i have a question, so when you are building focus with arcane shot and you get several procs what should i do? spam arcane/marked/arcane/marked till i get full focus or arcane>>>>till full focus marked x3 aimed?

Deleted
    so, hotfixes are coming. meaning i can ignore this completly fucked so called ''spec'' for now, and wait and see what they do with the hotfixes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezz View Post
    hahahahaha you actually think ruby is better than either of those trinkets. what a joke.
    Exclusively for M+ boosting, where the tank is pulling huge packs at a time, yeah. In any other case? No. I find your attitude to be very condescending and rude. You're welcome to prove me wrong with something more tangible than whatever that response is supposed to be, though. Saying that the RPPM is halved doesn't really cut it for me. My 880 Aran's /w chest used to sim more than 50k DPS above those other trinkets pre 7.1.5 when it was 3+ targets.

On an unrelated note - did they talk about the hotfixes anything other than mentioning that they will happen?
    Last edited by mmoc77f24adff0; 2017-01-12 at 08:09 PM.

Finbez is a sweetheart, that's why he has the nerve to attack me, a real asshole, any chance he gets!

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Finbez is a sweetheart, that's why he has the nerve to attack me, a real asshole, any chance he gets!
    ive barely said a word to you in months, dude. I guess you're too busy stalking people through various discords to notice.
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2017-01-12 at 08:50 PM.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    I have a 890 urn. Never seen it on the sims but I guess it would be top of the single target sims at least?

Least tryin to figure out my best two trinkets is distracting me from arcane shot arcane shot arcane shot arcane shot arcane shot. Oh I have focus.