Thread: It's depressing

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

It's depressing

That as soon as warlocks start to do reasonably well our forums immediately fill with

"We're gonna get nerfed, aren't we?"

There's a guy in 895 gear on the US forums who is saying "I was going 800k sustained on gundeon bosses Melfic Grasp is gonna be nerfed hard!"

Like 800k in that gear is something that a whoel heapof other classes could not pull right now, particularly when you consider in M+ he was probably going into boss fights with a fullloadout of shards, souls to keep Reap up the whole fights and possible the Wrath buff up as well

You only nee dlook at the videos comign in from Mythic guilds that every class seems capable of that sort of damage in the short timeframe of a dungeon boss, particularly if they get lust-on-pull

But in raids affliction locks will start out with zero souls, no Wrath buff and just three shards.

Are locks so crushed down that the moment we get something good we immediately think it will get taken away on principle?

to be honest, probably yes we are that jaded. Our affliction artifact in a Raid boss situation which most of the theorycrafting in the game is designed around is painful. Yes, when the stars align our aff artifact can do quite well, however, given the destro weapon (I personally can't play demonology), can always have full benefit at the start of a boss fight and all of its golden talents are useful on a raid boss regardless. It's disconcerting that affliction if we wait too long after a pull our stack drop significantly and/or wrath/soulflame are useless in a ST fight and marginally beneficial if you can pad hard in MT Add fights. It's the design of the weapon, it's good conceptually, however, you have to have a group that understands how to make you useful

Rest assured that nerfs won't be coming without actual data: NH Mythic Raid.

Warlocks in mythic+ and farm are very different things than progress, blizzard devs know this much at least.

As for me, I don't think we're getting nerfed, but I fear that the pure tax is gonna hit us (STRENGHT/WEAKNESS HUR DUURR, AFFLIC BETTER ST THAN TURRETEMON HURRDUR).

We can only hope that if this actually happens, they buff demon instead of taking the easy way out.
    Thanks for the heads up!

FOTM always gets the nerf. I really thought it was going to be elemental shamans this time around. It is depressing that instead of enjoying my spec I am just wondering how they are going to cripple it in the middle of the raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbot View Post
    It is depressing that instead of enjoying my spec I am just wondering how they are going to cripple it in the middle of the raid tier.
    What a way to live.

Its pathetic and annoying af...finally affliction is in a decent spot and always some debbie downer little bi*** has to spread negativity across the universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Rest assured that nerfs won't be coming without actual data: NH Mythic Raid.

Warlocks in mythic+ and farm are very different things than progress, blizzard devs know this much at least.

As for me, I don't think we're getting nerfed, but I fear that the pure tax is gonna hit us (STRENGHT/WEAKNESS HUR DUURR, AFFLIC BETTER ST THAN TURRETEMON HURRDUR).

We can only hope that if this actually happens, they buff demon instead of taking the easy way out.
    They've just announced that class balance is so fucked that they're going to have to do a hotfix after just two days of 7.1.5 going live

Honestly, what a terrible mess, from the whole farce over the patchnotes and now this

I'd like to think that it's along the line sof "oh, we were supposed to stop Shadow Priests being an overpowered as hell outlier, but instead we just left them even stronger because they do the same damage without having to have the skill needed to pull off Surrender to Madness, let's do something about that"

But instead I wouldn;t mind betting that Malefic Grasp is in their sights tho. But they won't touch rets, warriors, rogues who are putting out ridiculous numbers

Hmm, that sucks.

Well, we'll have to see, it's pretty dumb reasoning nerfing MG now. I can see shadow getting a minor nerf because they don't have souls to gather nor ramp like afflic, yet they consistently beat everyone because StM is still a thing in farm where every fight ends ~3min.
    Thanks for the heads up!

it doesn't seem like affliction is the ridiculous outlier some other specs are, so I'm not sure why people think they would target MG in particular. There are lots of specs that do well on pure ST atm.

Deleted
    Balance has to be pretty broken when they are having to apply multiple fixes - Lore specifically mentioned hunters but also said it was a class balancing, so obviously not just hunters - with just two days oflive data

Normally they'd wait for Nighthold data at least. It just means that some stuff is glaringly out of whack to the point where it has to be fixed immediately with hardly any comprehensive data because the imbalance is so big they consider it "game breaking"

And yeah, Shadow Priests are now stupidly strong at everything, in essence able to beat warlocks in their speciality

Just look at any vids showing SP multidotting, I mean, good lord!

Just remembering the sorry stae locks went liv ein Legion and how long it took to get anything done about that. Yet here we are, 48 hours of 7.1.5 and multiple class balance changes incoming...

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Just remembering the sorry stae locks went liv ein Legion and how long it took to get anything done about that. Yet here we are, 48 hours of 7.1.5 and multiple class balance changes incoming...
    Yeah. That's the difference between an expac launch where they have bugs pertaining to every aspect of the game to worry about addressing and cleaning up, vs a patch specifically aimed at class changes and rebalancing....

Considering the developers idiotic talent swap choices and undeserving nerfs to some abilities (looking at GrimSac, Shadowburn, etc), Warlocks are expecting the worst. Everyday a hotfix get's out where we aren't nerfed is a cause for celebration.

Well, when you think about it... Warlock forums posters are, by and large, whiners by nature. When there's little actually complain-worthy about, stuff has to be invented!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    They've just announced that class balance is so fucked that they're going to have to do a hotfix after just two days of 7.1.5 going live
    You say that as if it's not what happens after every pre-raid balance patch. There's a reason the patch comes out a week before the raid and two weeks before the mythic raid.

PTR testing is inherently limited and skewed by the minuscule number of people contributing serious PTR data. The Devs do their best, but they don't get everything right, and they know this. That's why they take the data from this week, do a balance re-tweak on Tuesday, take the data from the first week of Normal/Heroic raiding, and do a final re-tweak before Mythic opens. This is been the established pattern for quite a while now. There's absolutely nothing new or noteworthy here.
    Last edited by Kirroth; 2017-01-13 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    You say that as if it's not what happens after every pre-raid balance patch. There's a reason the patch comes out a week before the raid and two weeks before the mythic raid.

PTR testing is inherently limited and skewed by the minuscule number of people contributing serious PTR data. The Devs do their best, but they don't get everything right, and they know this. That's why they take the data from this week, do a balance re-tweak on Tuesday, take the data from the first week of Normal/Heroic raiding, and do a final re-tweak before Mythic opens. This is been the established pattern for quite a while now. There's absolutely nothing new or noteworthy here.
    I agree that this is nothing new .... but surely after all these years and all these patches they'd get a bit better at being able to balance and predict things?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Well they have to either buff demo st or nerf affli st. If they don't - I will be angry, and then I will send a tweet to blizzard expressing my anger in a very passive aggressive way.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I agree that this is nothing new .... but surely after all these years and all these patches they'd get a bit better at being able to balance and predict things?
    Just like how after all these years and new satellites the meterologists would be able to deliver more accurate weather forecasts?

That's not a random comparison. Just like the weather, WoW's play environment is a hugely complex system created by the interactions of lots of smaller game elements. Plus Blizzard has a habit of trying new things, which throws out their ability to use previous examples as models.

Now, I'd say they have made improvement over the years. Only it's an improvement in many fractional increments. Go read some of Blizzard Watch's "WoW Archivist" articles about the turmoil and imbalance from patches back in Vanilla or BC or Wrath. If you were there it'll refresh your memory, and if you weren't it'll educate you about the game's history. Either way, compare that to today and you'll see how far they've come.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Well, when you think about it... Warlock forums posters are, by and large, whiners by nature. When there's little actually complain-worthy about, stuff has to be invented!
    No, they are not whiners by nature. The whining only comes after the thousands of replies and suggestions, all in neat constructive replies as feedback that gets ignored time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    all in neat constructive replies as feedback
    Where can I find the forums that you go to.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Warlocks? I thought it's the whole fkin internet.