Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Or they could just design better, the whole quest is a joke and doesnt offer anything for the target audience, its a complete failure.
    Define the target audience? As far as I can tell they designed this quest for people that play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could just design better, the whole quest is a joke and doesnt offer anything for the target audience, its a complete failure.
    That's true for the reputation rewards and class hall armor as well. By the time you get to exalted, the item level is pretty .. umm.. useless.

They should be obtainable through more sources than only dungeons. Then it would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    The only gate is the one you put up yourself, the 10 souls a week should be increased I will give you that but heres the actual problem.

If you put a limit on how many you can get a week we see this complaint.
    "OMG BLIZZ 10 SOULS ISN'T ENOUGH, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THIS FASTER!"

If we don't put a limit we see this complaint.
    "OMG BLIZZ 80 SOULS! I ONLY GET <x> PER RUN, THIS TAKES TOO LONG!"

So either way people are upset, its like I told my friend about the FGC once.
    "If you put a $20 bill in every copy of the game people would complain how its folded."
    That's a rather poor analogy, in my opinion. The problem isn't the quest itself, it's the gating. If I tell you I'm going to give you $20 but then only give you a handful of pennies every week for 2 months, I'm pretty sure you'll appreciate the gesture but still be annoyed.

Your player "complaints" are also essentially the same. It's not a "if I do X, people say Y" kind of thing. It's the same issue: people don't enjoy it when a quest takes too long for no actual reason. This entire questline is about short, very easy quests locked behind a lot of waiting around. Anyone that did this from the beginning had to wait for artifact knowledge, then 2 months because of a weekly cap on a quest item and then wait a month for the release of Nighthold.

For a quest that's all about story-telling, it has an abysmal pace.

7+ Year Old Account
    The best solution IMO would be to have every dungeon boss ( not just the final boss) in heroics drop 1. In mythics 2. And remove the 10/week cap.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

There's no rush to do it, you'll probably do 80 dungeons eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Well there is if you want to do NH since the quest is a prelude to the NH lorewise otherwise it makes little sense

Its a series of gimmicky lore quests for casual players, making them go to Mythic+ or do endless heroics in the hopes they get one soul seems rather poorly designed.

Even at a casual level of Mythic + you still might not get 10 a week and thats another thing, its freaking time gated.
    So heroic and mythic0 was updated to always give 1 if you finish it, and then each mythic+ gives the amount of souls equal to its level.
    M2- 2 souls
    M3- 3 souls
    M4- 4 souls
    etc.

Explain to me how that is difficult? Especially with carry groups where they will carry a key, usually up to 7, which offers a large amount of your souls for the week. Its really not difficult and I don't buy the argument, additionally there is nobody saying that this quest has to be done by the first week of February otherwise you will never be able to complete it.

I don't think this was designed for casual players, this was designed for ALL players. Additionally this quest really is more for raiders or adventurers because thats where the Illidan story is taking place. This isn't made for the casual heroes that log in one or two times a week to kill some boars.

Deleted
    So heroic and mythic0 was updated to always give 1 if you finish it, and then each mythic+ gives the amount of souls equal to its level.
    M2- 2 souls
    M3- 3 souls
    M4- 4 souls
    etc.

Explain to me how that is difficult? Especially with carry groups where they will carry a key, usually up to 7, which offers a large amount of your souls for the week. Its really not difficult and I don't buy the argument, additionally there is nobody saying that this quest has to be done by the first week of February otherwise you will never be able to complete it.

I don't think this was designed for casual players, this was designed for ALL players. Additionally this quest really is more for raiders or adventurers because thats where the Illidan story is taking place. This isn't made for the casual heroes that log in one or two times a week to kill some boars.
    Yet Nighthold will be in LFR so...

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    That's a rather poor analogy, in my opinion. The problem isn't the quest itself, it's the gating. If I tell you I'm going to give you $20 but then only give you a handful of pennies every week for 2 months, I'm pretty sure you'll appreciate the gesture but still be annoyed.

Your player "complaints" are also essentially the same. It's not a "if I do X, people say Y" kind of thing. It's the same issue: people don't enjoy it when a quest takes too long for no actual reason. This entire questline is about short, very easy quests locked behind a lot of waiting around. Anyone that did this from the beginning had to wait for artifact knowledge, then 2 months because of a weekly cap on a quest item and then wait a month for the release of Nighthold.

For a quest that's all about story-telling, it has an abysmal pace.
    If you said that you'd give me $20 but then told me that I can only give you at max 10 coconuts a week and in return you'd give me $2.50 each time. Yes you'd be gating me and thus annoying me.
    If you said that you'd give me $20 after I gave you 80 coconuts and I provided the coconuts to obtain my $20, then you said well I have no work for you. You'd be annoying me because I want more things to do but you don't have anything else.

So either way I end up annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well there is if you want to do NH since the quest is a prelude to the NH lorewise otherwise it makes little sense
    Why do you have to do the story as soon as it comes out? It'll wait for you.

Define the target audience? As far as I can tell they designed this quest for people that play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Unless I'm running mythic+, I wouldnt really hit 80 dungeons "eventually" since theres no reason to do dungeons unless they're mythic+ as of now. That is one of the issues here. Dungeon have had no real value for a few months now. Why would I run a normal? a heroic? a mythic even? The rewards arent that great, it would be something I do after I exhausted other, better, gearing and AP options: raiding, LFR, Kara, and world quests. Worse if I just DPS, then its a long que for little reward.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg