15+ Year Old Account
    Hunters: Lore mentioned that class tuning hotfixes are coming soon, keep an eye out for them hunters.
    Any clue as to what these upcoming Hotfixes are?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Encenoa View Post
    Multishot buffed by 2%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    Multishot buffed by 2%.
    So no, you don't know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aspect of the Hawk is coming back. People are assuming we'll get hotfixed because our damage is terrible right now.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

So no, you don't know.
    98% sure he/she is referencing the whole hunter discord meme. Also 98% sure no one knows the the hotfixes are yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    98% sure he/she is referencing the whole hunter discord meme. Also 98% sure no one knows the the hotfixes are yet.
    Gotcha. Yeah, I just jumped on the discord for the first time this afternoon and see the meme that is taking over. My mistake for feeding the troll.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The question is, are the hotfixes enough to fix MM or am I going BM for Nighthold?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    The question is, are the hotfixes enough to fix MM or am I going BM for Nighthold?
    if they are 'mechanical' and not just sheer number tuning, it might be.

Deleted
    Honestly thought MM wouldn't play this terribly. Its not even about the lack of damage, the spec as a whole just feels horrible now. Even if they buff the numbers so were not a meme i couldn't bring myself to play it.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    The 7% damage increase across the board or whatever nonsense Blizzard implements to try to fix the current state of Hunters will be laughable. Until changes to mechanics and/or possible skill or artifact trait redesign happens, neither BM nor MM will be any better. I really hope I am wrong, but I for one am certainly not holding my breath.

Would have to be some pretty significant mechanical adjustments before I'd consider switching back to MM at this point. I have just had absolutely enough of the punishing vulnerability mechanic where you are basically left to the grace of the raid mechanic RNG gods as to whether you can maximize your damage or not. It was a poor design that I never really much cared for from the get-go, dealt with because it was at least tolerable with Sidewinders (which brought it's own frustration of needing a marking targets procs at the right time) in Emerald Nightmare and ToV. I'm just not going to fuck with it anymore if they leave the playstyle like it is and just tune numbers.

MM would have to have a significant numbers advantage over BM in pretty much every fight for me to swap back, and honestly that's a huge slap in the face to BM hunters if they do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
    The 7% damage increase across the board or whatever nonsense Blizzard implements to try to fix the current state of Hunters will be laughable. Until changes to mechanics and/or possible skill or artifact trait redesign happens, neither BM nor MM will be any better. I really hope I am wrong, but I for one am certainly not holding my breath.
    Just a fyi 7% for hunter would still keep them last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Would have to be some pretty significant mechanical adjustments before I'd consider switching back to MM at this point. I have just had absolutely enough of the punishing vulnerability mechanic where you are basically left to the grace of the raid mechanic RNG gods as to whether you can maximize your damage or not. It was a poor design that I never really much cared for from the get-go, dealt with because it was at least tolerable with Sidewinders (which brought it's own frustration of needing a marking targets procs at the right time) in Emerald Nightmare and ToV. I'm just not going to fuck with it anymore if they leave the playstyle like it is and just tune numbers.

MM would have to have a significant numbers advantage over BM in pretty much every fight for me to swap back, and honestly that's a huge slap in the face to BM hunters if they do that now.
    Sadly my current plan is to go BM without any legendaries. I have 2 MM specific ones (Wrists/boots) and now I just have to pray to RNJesus that I can get some worthwhile ones for BM to make it less painful. I prefer MM though and I don't think a "numbers fix" will make me go back. They're not going to do an overhaul for the class this expansion either, which i'd be fine with at this point.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWins View Post
    Painfully aware of that. Maybe a poor attempt on my part to poke fun at Blizzard's "tuning" fixes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWins View Post
    about +15% to both specs would bring us to middletier.. not holding my breath while waiting it to happen but, I'm gonna see this card before deciding whether to reroll or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hate that were a pure DPS class and were at the bottom of the barrel. We should never be this far down, like ever.

Quote Originally Posted by rawi View Post
    about +15% to both specs would bring us to middletier.. not holding my breath while waiting it to happen but, I'm gonna see this card before deciding whether to reroll or not.
    I have this bad feeling that they will buff Marks but not BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I have this bad feeling that they will buff Marks but not BM.
    Almost certainly. They've made their feelings quite clear on BM with their comments on pets shouldn't be auto-win (even though it's their fault that pets do 3/4 of BM's damage) and easy specs shouldn't be rewarded and whatnot. I'm done as soon as I can get my mage leveled up. I could stand being terrible if I was having fun while doing so as I did in previous expansions. It's unbearable to be both terrible and boring.

In MM related news, we're stuck with this build and shit show of a rotation for NH. Blizzard only does major changes to abilities during patches. We can, and will probably only expect to get damage increass on our skills, but focus adjusting, or general ability changes will not happen until a patch goes out. So enjoy the Arcane Spam for NH!

At the very least, we'll be looking at a Marked Shot buff substantial enough to make it attractive to use each time that it procs, which will be tough for them to achieve considering how strong Aimed Shot is hitting with TA and Trick Shot. It'd be nice if Arcane Shot was less spammy and simply gave more focus per cast.