Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Does anyone miss old survival?

Good ol dot spec and waiting for those sweet LnL procs :'(

Deleted
    I miss the TBC surv spec. The 'I try not to be last dps but i overly buff all physical dd and that's awesome'.

I was really looking forward to DoT Survival with Lone Wolf. Melee Survival is all right but I dont understand why they had to remove what seemed like a relatively easy spec to balance. I don't understand why there's a need to make everything so complicated.

Deleted
    Yes, i do.
    There was always 1 of the 3 specs that was competetive in PvE. Making 1 of them melee removes 1 of them due to guilds already is totally stucked with melees.
    Remove the melee hunter and bring back to old Survival make hunters a ranged class only

Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by iDeanoB View Post
    Yes, so much yes. =*(

Survival during tail end of Cata and during MoP was extremely enjoyable for me. The aoe spam with serpent spread... godlike. Was a blast in rbgs using pvp armor and bis raid weps/trinks. During raids, LnL procs for days...

As of this week I miss all hunter specs doing competitive dps. So yeah I guess I do
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    i dont understand why they couldnt of just added a 4th spec for us if they wanted melee so bad or just revert survival back to being ranged i mean there was no need for it to get changed ((

I miss old every hunter spec

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed it as soon as they cut it's balls off during Wod. Right now i'd take the nerfed version of it from wod, no doubt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I miss old every hunter spec
    This so much lol

Quote Originally Posted by iDeanoB View Post
    I miss those sweet sweet serpent spread when you multishot

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    no
    New survival is way more interesting than that crap spec ever was.

So so very much.
    I miss late mop BM too.
    The only time I could really stomach MM was HFC so I'll toss that one in the pile also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never even touched Survival before Legion. And now that it's melee, which is something I've thought it should have done all along, I loved the hell out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

MoP survival was the best hunter spec ever made

I just want MoP surv and Warth MM.

I was a diehard BM Hunter (until LGN slaughtered the spec), but my S.O. played SV and I had an alt that was SV on another server. It was a great spec and I saw lots and lots of people who enjoyed it and were unhappy that many times, they felt it was not viable or not accepted.

It really is sad that rather than seeing it get a bit of a retuning and be brought into true acceptance,
    it was replaced by ... what it there now.
    And don't get me wrong. Melee Hunter is NOT A BAD SPEC. It's fun to play. There, I said it.

But I am not happy that this new melee spec came at the expense of a pre-existing spec which people enjoyed.
    If they had wanted to add a 4th melee spec, cool, fine.
    And I think it's a shame more people don't play SV. It's sad that either people don't want to try it due to wanting a Hunter as a ranged (which is totally understandable and what a Hunter has always been but still!), or they don't feel like they'd be accepted even if they did play it (I've seen people who secretly enjoy it but are afraid of being exiled for wanting to).

The current melee Hunter Spec is a neat idea, that can be very fun to play.

But in the end, I miss original-SV and hope they bring it back in the future, as a 4th spec.
    (See, I don't even want them to remove the melee option in the future!)

Deleted
    Survival was always my favorite hunter spec, sad to see it go - that said, I like the new survival too. Wish they'd done a better job of making old survival roll into marksman or something.