Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The existence of the document is not "fake news", it would only be fake if someone were to claim it was all true, which thus far nobody has. CNN referencing that Buzzfeed posted it in its entirety is not "fake news".

How this continues to be so confusing to folks is beyond me.
    "CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos have since been published by Buzzfeed. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats. At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations."

Read this again. Now, anyone who has any experience of media and people know what most will do, most will ignore anything after "buzzfeed." and go straight for the memos. CNN knows this very well and it fits their agenda perfectly. So technically they made nothing wrong but let's not be naive in what the purpose of this kind of sentencing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Buzzfeed who broke the story on the documents wrote in the original article that, "The allegations are unverified, and the report contains errors." <Taken directly from the orginal Buzzfeed article. I Just Watched Chuck Todd's interview with the Buzzfeed’s Editor in Chief Ben Smith and he admits that the document were full problems. He goes on to say that he feels its up to the reader to decide whats true vs fake so yes this is FAKE NEWS with no substantiated proof to the documents and this thread should be locked.
    Sooo the issue then isn't CNN, it's Buzzfeed, which you won't get an argument from me about how garbage they are.

Deleted
    Looks like someone else bit on and is believing that 4chin bait hook, line, and sinker! And here I thought that had passed after the first day of this nonsense.

Spoilers: The document exists, its contents are not verified as fact, and both Obama and Trump were briefed on its existence. The document itself was known to exist long before 4chin folks have tried to claim credit for creating it.
    Yeah the document exists, it looks very legit!!!111!!1 I'm sure this is not the work of a troll! Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    NNnnoope. They include a link to a CNN article about Buzzfeed releasing those documents. That article does not link to the Buzzfeed article or documents themselves, nor does it give any details about the content of the documents. Try again.
    A reference is not a link, genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Yeah the document exists, it looks very legit!!!111!!1 I'm sure this is not the work of a troll! Kappa

You almost got me.

Deleted

To be fair that looks believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    A reference is not a link, genius.
    So, what exactly are you trying to say? That they admitted the documents exist and that's somehow a problem?

It's like you haven't looked at the actual document to realize that image exists nowhere in it.

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping that the Trump hentai and hookers slumberparty story was true as well, but sadly I live in reality and have to live with the fact that such a fantastical situation never occurred. Despite me wishing it did so fucking badly : (

So, what exactly are you trying to say? That they admitted the documents exist and that's somehow a problem?
    The problem is they referenced Buzzfeed sharing fake news with knowledge that people would go straight to Buzzfeed. Otherwise they would mention the unverified part around the same rows, not far after.

Essentially with knowing the psychology of people legitimizing the Buzzfeed release.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-01-12 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So technically they made nothing wrong
    Glad we sorted that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

They didn't report on the fake story, or even the reporting of the fake story, they reported on the briefing given to Obama and Trump. You know what this is comparable to? Comey stating they were looking into more emails possibly related to Clinton. Even though he shouldn't have done that and the emails proved to be nothing, that didn't make the reporting on his announcement fake news.
    What do YOU think about the story? You keep telling me what I think is wrong, but you have not ever said what you think. Why is that?

Also, you can be mad at Comey all you want but, I personally (<-this means opinion) think he was completely correct to investigate the Weiner emails that had just fallen in his lap (loose pun intended). It wasn't fake news to say that he had just finally been allowed to examine them, after being stonewalled by the DoJ for three weeks. Should he have said it publicly? Perhaps not but, sources say that until he did say it publicly, he was not allowed access to them. So there is that. It's a complex world, no matter how much you want to parse words and nit pick details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    It's really easy though. In their world when someone proves them wrong they just have to shout NO as loud as theycan and in time the normal people will get bored so they will think they must be right.
    No, they say "Wrong" like their beloved Donald Drumpf.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Glad we sorted that out.
    Still shows how untrustworthy they are to anyone with any critical thinking. Just like when rich people use loopholes to evade taxes.

Deleted
    It's like you haven't looked at the actual document to realize that image exists nowhere in it.

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping that the Trump hentai and hookers slumberparty story was true as well, but sadly I live in reality and have to live with the fact that such a fantastical situation never occurred. Despite me wishing it did so fucking badly : (
    I don't think you are living in reality that's the problem. The piss story is a troll. If you understand the background it is astoundingly obvious:

The counter-narrative is that the 4chan archive only shows a post in October/November, but if you read what the guy says he said he started working on it months before as an act of revenge. He is also speaking to a lawyer about publishing his correspondence showing how he orchestrated it. I predict a lot of people are going to feel very foolish very soon.

"CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos have since been published by Buzzfeed. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats. At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations."

Read this again. Now, anyone who has any experience of media and people know what most will do, most will ignore anything after "buzzfeed." and go straight for the memos. CNN knows this very well and it fits their agenda perfectly. So technically they made nothing wrong but let's not be naive in what the purpose of this kind of sentencing is.
    This sounds like a conspiracy theory.
    If people don't have the patience to read 2 extra sentences, then that's their problem.

The existence of the document is not "fake news", it would only be fake if someone were to claim it was all true, which thus far nobody has. CNN referencing that Buzzfeed posted it in its entirety is not "fake news".

How this continues to be so confusing to folks is beyond me.
    The document in question, both of them actually, reference a fake story. The entire point of the documents, was to notify officials about a fake story. The ROOT story, is fake news. CNN saying the fake news was presented for investigation and/or briefing, is of course not fake news. However, making a mount Everest size mountain out of a this tiny molehill is just as salacious as what Buzzfeed printed. Now that Jake Tapper has been discredited, I think Anderson Cooper might be the only host they have left with any credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    This sounds like a conspiracy theory.
    If people don't have the patience to read 2 extra sentences, then that's their problem.
    Spoken by someone who obviously knows nothing about the attention span of most people. People believe GMO and vaccines are bad (and the general media has a lot to answer for in the first case), how much do you think they will see save for the juicy bits about leaked documents when CNN knowingly places unverified far later?
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-01-12 at 10:24 PM.

The counter-narrative is that the 4chan archive only shows a post in October/November, but if you read what the guy says he said he started working on it months before as an act of revenge. He is also speaking to a lawyer about publishing his correspondence showing how he orchestrated it. I predict a lot of people are going to feel very foolish very soon.
    Oh, so we're taking anonymous 4chin users at their word now.

This is how low the bar has sunk? I mean, if he can come out and prove it (he'd lose his anonymity in the process), then sure, I'll believe it.

But I don't believe a single thing I've ever read on 4chin, and for good fucking reason.

This is exactly my point. No matter how coy they were about it, they spent 24 hours pushing a fake news story for political reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The document in question, both of them actually, reference a fake story. The entire point of the documents, was to notify officials about a fake story. The ROOT story, is fake news. CNN saying the fake news was presented for investigation and/or briefing, is of course not fake news. However, making a mount Everest size mountain out of a this tiny molehill is just as salacious as what Buzzfeed printed. Now that Jake Tapper has been discredited, I think Anderson Cooper might be the only host they have left with any credibility.
    How do YOU know that the story is false. The FBI is trying to ascertain if the story is true or false. I mean it sounds outlandish but I'm going to reserve judgement until proven otherwise.