Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Post Is Donald Trump grooming Ivanka to become the first female president?

PowerWomenTV founder and CEO Amy Palmer has spent years interviewing some of the world’s most influential women, and she believes President-elect Donald Trump is grooming his daughter Ivanka for a future run, possibly to become America’s first female president.

In a Salon Talks interview yesterday, Palmer and I discussed how Ivanka might address questions around conflict-of-interest with her personal brand and whether she was under an unfair double standard relative to her friend Chelsea Clinton.

Ivanka plans to move to Washington, D.C., with her husband Jared Kushner, who was just named as a senior adviser to President-elect Trump.

Mike Allen, my former Politico colleague who has since moved on to launch the new media company Axios, reported yesterday about Ivanka’s early strategy:

Following her decision not to take a formal White House role, Ivanka Trump plans to stay out of the spotlight for a few months as her family moves to D.C., hoping the temperature goes down on nepotism questions involving her husband, Jared Kushner. But then she’ll begin taking high-profile stands on policies aimed at women’s entrepreneurship and economic empowerment. A well-wired source tells me her focus will be consistent with her brand: issues affecting women who work, including family leave and equal pay.

Behind the scenes, Ivanka is moving to put a high-powered, high-level staffer inside the White House to help her cause. My sources tell me her first and likely choice is Goldman Sachs exec Dina Powell, who runs the firm’s 10,000 Women and 10,000 Small Businesses, and was in charge of presidential personnel for George W. Bush.
    (source)

It would through the identity game for a loop and likely suddenly the pious Feminists would become very liberal with misogyny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I think America is done with legacies, I don't know enough about her to form an opinion but the shadow of Trump is not one you escape from unscathed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now it's looking like Chump will be the worst thing to hit North America since Small Pox. If anything we'll never see that name in public light again (hopefully). It'll be more rejected than Bush.

She is the better Trump. In every way.

Is Ivanka smart and can she handler herself in business and politics. I will give her benefit of the doubt and say she is capable. Once again, she has gotten to where she is because of nepotism. We will see how much nepotism creeps in the 4 years. We know how much The Donald loves him some Ivanka.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2017-01-12 at 10:08 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this last election showed that the US is done with families dominating the presidency. Jeb was rejected as was Clinton.

It remains to be seen if the national experiment of electing someone with no experience in politics is a success. That will, more than anything, tell what potential she would have as being president.

Actually it would be a great idea, she's got smarts, looks, temper.
    Of course her political future depends mainly upon how her father does his job.

Dynasties haven't been doing well in America lately.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    First female president? No way.

Second emperor? Definitely. ;p
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Following her decision not to take a formal White House role

This wasn't a decision, it was an inevitability. It's contentious enough that Trump would like her husband to serve in an advisory role due to our laws against nepotism (though their applicability to the White House is itself a matter of legal disagreement). Having an actual biological relative in such a role would simply be untenable; hence why the in-law gets to play at being political.

If Ivanka has her eyes on the White House, I doubt she's using Daddy anymore than she has to. He certainly won the election, but his approval ratings are already laughably low and his every attempt at being political has been a relative disaster. Maybe Daddy Trump can finance her campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    She wouldn't win, the baby boomer safety net will be gone for she could make an honest bid for the White House and I doubt Millennials would go anywhere near another Trump.

She'd also have a hard time winning Conservatives over past her name. She is a Moderate at best.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    This wasn't a decision, it was an inevitability. It's contentious enough that Trump would like her husband to serve in an advisory role due to our laws against nepotism (though their applicability to the White House is itself a matter of legal disagreement). Having an actual biological relative in such a role would simply be untenable; hence why the in-law gets to play at being political.

If Ivanka has her eyes on the White House, I doubt she's using Daddy anymore than she has to. He certainly won the election, but his approval ratings are already laughably low and his every attempt at being political has been a relative disaster. Maybe Daddy Trump can finance her campaign.
    If she wants a shot she needs to separate herself as far from the Trump name as possible.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The only things I know about her is that shes friends with Chelsea Clinton, shes Trump's daughter, and he want to bang her.

How smart can you actually be about most of the issues of the country if all of the issues you have ever experienced have been rich issues?

As long as we have the monetary classes that we do then I would rather see someone be the president who was born into the poor class and worked their way up the monetary classes (after serving in the military since they will be Commander in Chief) to the rich class (a service profession preferably, such as a doctor or lawyer) eventually due to being intelligent and remains kind once rich.

Anyone else, I feel, would never be an actual representation of either our people or the American Dream or able to understand our people as much as possible.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-12 at 10:42 PM.

'We'll nominate a woman, that'll throw em' for a loop' is also identity politics. If you truly think identity politics is wrong, then consider ignoring identity and focusing on qualifications instead of playing identity politics as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Hahaha. No.
    And I doubt she would stand a chance after four years of Trump.
    hahaha, yeah not sure why you alrdy have the idea that Trump 100% will fail as president.

He alrdy saved jobs from ppl with just his tweets and not even being in office, never seen another president do that before him.
    Buit yeah he will fail for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. Hate dynasties. Especially those born into wealth.

Ivanka kirshner for president.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I would take Ivanka and her husband over Trump any day of the week. Her husband is actually pretty damn smart it seems.

No, he is not. Russia Hackers, on the other hand....

No, he's grooming her to be his First Lady.