Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    "CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos have since been published by Buzzfeed. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats. At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations."

Read this again. Now, anyone who has any experience of media and people know what most will do, most will ignore anything after "buzzfeed." and go straight for the memos. CNN knows this very well and it fits their agenda perfectly. So technically they made nothing wrong but let's not be naive in what the purpose of this kind of sentencing is.
    So there is no link, just a reference, which is exactly the opposite of what you said. Linking something means you can push a part of the webpage and you are automatically taken to that article. This is not a link, it is merely a factual reference to things that someone else did.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Still shows how untrustworthy they are to anyone with any critical thinking. Just like when rich people use loopholes to evade taxes.
    It's not like that. At all.

False equivalency, hooooooooooo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still shows how untrustworthy they are to anyone with any critical thinking. Just like when rich people use loopholes to evade taxes.
    Anyone with any critical thinking can bother to read the next few sentences after the reference to Buzzfeed. Those without... well, they will stop at that link and say, "Boooooo, they linked Buzzfeed, they are soooo untrustworthy!".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh, so we're taking anonymous 4chin users at their word now.

This is how low the bar has sunk? I mean, if he can come out and prove it (he'd lose his anonymity in the process), then sure, I'll believe it.

But I don't believe a single thing I've ever read on 4chin, and for good fucking reason.
    You don't have to take his word for it, just look at the facts (particularly around Rick Wilson) and ask yourself what is most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    You don't have to take his word for it, just look at the facts and ask yourself what is more likely.
    "4chin user posts credible information!" is near the bottom of my list of "likely things that happen in reality".

Does that mean I believe the entirety of the contents of that document? Not in the slightest. But those are two different matters entirely.

That's ignoring the fact that the guy who authored the report, the ex-MI6 agent, is now in hiding with his family because they are in fear of their safety. WAS HE REALLY THE 4CHIN USER?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Anyone with any critical thinking can bother to read the next few sentences after the reference to Buzzfeed. Those without... well, they will stop at that link and say, "Boooooo, they linked Buzzfeed, they are soooo untrustworthy!".
    Well, you're deluded by your political ideology. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    You don't have to take his word for it, just look at the facts (particularly around Rick Wilson) and ask yourself what is most likely.
    What is most likely is that you are one of the most gullible people in the world, when one comment from 4chan from a user with a nickname Anonymous (lol) makes you his devoted follower.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "4chin user posts credible information!" is near the bottom of my list of "likely things that happen in reality".

Does that mean I believe the entirety of the contents of that document? Not in the slightest. But those are two different matters entirely.
    It's also funny that 4chan is claiming credit despite claims of the document, or at least its contents, being mentioned back in like fucking August by people like Evan McMullin and Kurt Eichenwald through their CIA and foreign intelligence contacts.

It's just recently a more formal dossier of the topic was reviewed by people like McCain, and given up the chain by a credible source to the intelligence community, who found it concerning enough to submit it to the FBI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Krippzz View Post
    How do YOU know that the story is false. The FBI is trying to ascertain if the story is true or false. I mean it sounds outlandish but I'm going to reserve judgement until proven otherwise.
    Because every media reporter alive has known about this for months and nobody can substantiate any of it. I assure you, most would FUCKING LOVE to prove this as true, and they have been trying.

We literally do not even have a source for WHO said this happened. Unsourced reporting is in no way the same thing as anonymous sourcing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you're deluded by your political ideology. Good luck.
    Very powerful argument. I concede, sir.

It appears Buzzfeed readers are taking it upon themselves to research whether the claims against Trump are real so they are going to Russia to conduct a thorough investigation.

“When I noticed the BuzzFeed report mentioned that its information wasn’t verified yet, I immediately knew it was my duty to conduct a full-scale journalistic investigation into every last one of the claims,” said Long Island resident Donna Strickland, who plans to spend at least three months in Moscow thoroughly vetting the dossier. “I’m grateful to BuzzFeed for giving me this opportunity to decide for myself if what I’ve read is true. They’ve done their job, but before I start sharing this story all over the internet or jumping to any conclusions, I’ve got to travel to Russia to see if it all holds up.”

http://www.clickhole.com/article/doi...ble-buz-5318#1,

Obviously I know this is an equivalent of an onion article.. it's just funny okay guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Krippzz View Post
    How do YOU know that the story is false. The FBI is trying to ascertain if the story is true or false. I mean it sounds outlandish but I'm going to reserve judgement until proven otherwise.
    The BBC is reporting that there are actually other people that have heard similar things, that the Kremlin has blackmail info on Trump. People can keep calling this document "FAKE!" but it is REALLY too soon to say at at this point.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0f8a7254484d6

1. The BBC, generally considered the gold standard in international journalism, now says that “multiple” intelligence sources—not just one—allege that “Russia is in possession of potentially embarrassing or compromising material regarding President-elect Donald Trump.”

Yesterday, the common belief in the media was that only one person, a former MI-6 agent long believed to be credible by U.S. intelligence agencies, was alleging that Russia was in possession of such explosive and damaging material. We now know that multiple individuals in European intelligence services, including one in an unnamed Eastern European intelligence service, are in possession of, and find credible, the same allegations as the trusted MI-6 source who authored the unverified report published on Tuesday by BuzzFeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What do YOU think about the story? You keep telling me what I think is wrong, but you have not ever said what you think. Why is that?

Also, you can be mad at Comey all you want but, I personally (<-this means opinion) think he was completely correct to investigate the Weiner emails that had just fallen in his lap (loose pun intended). It wasn't fake news to say that he had just finally been allowed to examine them, after being stonewalled by the DoJ for three weeks. Should he have said it publicly? Perhaps not but, sources say that until he did say it publicly, he was not allowed access to them. So there is that. It's a complex world, no matter how much you want to parse words and nit pick details.
    I actually told you the last time you asked. Go back and read that.

And my point was that the reporting about the FBI investigation into the new emails was not fake news, even though it turned out to be nothing and probably hurt Clinton. Just like the reporting about the intelligence briefing is not fake news, even if the documents mentioned in the briefing may turn out to be nothing and make Trump look like a perv.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't have to post very much anti republican because the forum are full of people like that, I Just care about the truth, you only see it one way because you're biased.
    Then you could surely show examples where you sought the truth to defend Clinton when there were so many lies being spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    lol CNN

That's the new fox news.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    Russia to random person, while handing them $5,000: "Hey, give this to WikiLeaks!"

Random Person: "OK."

Assange: "I didn't get it from Russia!"
    Just like journalists, I don't expect him to reveal his sources. It might even be Russia, we just don't know.

The source of the Trump fake news story is really interesting though. Seems it started on "4chan" in November. We all know about "4chans" rep. I still can't believe CNN, the intelligence agencies and the dems all were so desperate to get trump that they fell for a story started on "4chan."

Wow! Talk about getting trolled! That, right there, might be the pinnacle of trolling.

Thank god they didn't win the election.

It's kinda a circle jerk right now, with opinions split down party lines. Long and short, nothing will be done unless something new pops up. Now, think about this: Imagine it was true. The only way Russia would be able to use the material was if they had the only evidence, so it would do them well to cover Donald's tracks for him and keep the only evidence for themselves. If that is the case, any progression on this issue would require a leak from Russia. Just jerk-off speculation though.

Either way, I don't think it can be progressed from here. Effectively over, and if never proven, it's never proven ie: nothingburger. It may or many not affect Trump in public opinion or in the press, but he's pretty savvy when spinning things so I wouldn't count on this being a total negative for him. No doubt the press will keep drudging it up as they have a vested anti-Trump interest to keep the Russia story in the news. However, like I said very early in the thread, the whole Russian story true or not, is not what Democrats should be focusing on if they want to beat Trump the next time around. I think a lot of people still are in denial that a Trump presidency will happen in 8 days, but you want to look forward here or you are gonna get beat again. 2018 then 2020. Independents are not on the side of our MSM, because BOTH sides of the isle hate CNN brother and sisters, this I promise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    The source of the Trump fake news story is really interesting though. Seems it started on "4chan" in November. We all know about "4chans" rep. I still can't believe CNN, the intelligence agencies and the dems all were so desperate to get trump that they fell for a story started on "4chan."

Wow! Talk about getting trolled! That, right there, might be the pinnacle of trolling.

Thank god they didn't win the election.
    I'm posting this AGAIN, just for YOU. It's NOT just that document. Please read and educate yourself:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0f8a7254484d6

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    It's kinda a circle jerk right now, with opinions split down party lines. Long and short, nothing will be done unless something new pops up. Now, think about this: Imagine it was true. The only way Russia would be able to use the material was if they had the only evidence, so it would do them well to cover Donald's tracks for him and keep the only evidence for themselves. If that is the case, any progression on this issue would require a leak from Russia. Just jerk-off speculation though.

Either way, I don't think it can be progressed from here. Effectively over, and if never proven, it's never proven ie: nothingburger. It may or many not affect Trump in public opinion or in the press, but he's pretty savvy when spinning things so I wouldn't count on this being a total negative for him. No doubt the press will keep drudging it up as they have a vested anti-Trump interest to keep the Russia story in the news. However, like I said very early in the thread, the whole Russian story true or not, is not what Democrats should be focusing on if they want to beat Trump the next time around. I think a lot of people still are in denial that a Trump presidency will happen in 8 days, but you want to look forward here or you are gonna get beat again. 2018 then 2020. Independents are not on the side of our MSM, because BOTH sides of the isle hate CNN brother and sisters, this I promise you.
    The ironic thing is that while it's the more "left" media talking about it more, it's actually the GOP that are the main ones pushing for actions, investigations, etc against Trump and Russia.

So while it's the left media harping on it, the right media is refusing to cover it because it's their own guys advocating action and there's less money/clicks when there's no "liberal" boogeyman to point the finger at. Both are still guilty.

edit: Hell, look at how little coverage in right wing media the Tillerson hearing got and how Rubio ripped into him like a fucking savage. They don't want to cover it because how awful the hearing went and how it was their own golden boy who ripped him a new asshole.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-01-12 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    The best part was when we found out this news was fake
    When such thing happened?