Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blood Plague v2 currently going down on Sylvanas EU

Currently Sylvanas has a burn debuff from Brutallus going through the major cities. It won't kill anyone at max level but anyone at lower levels is getting wiped out pretty hard. Buff lasts for 1 minute and moves to anyone nearby.

Screenshot:

Wish we'd have more moments like these

Deleted
    Argent Dawn (EU) is burning as well. It's fun to see Goldshire in this state, though I bet lowbies running around aren't exactly content.

Deleted
    My account isn't active, but I could make a lvl 1 to go check this out. It was a bit boring since you can't really participate with that little health so I thought I'd delete it. Oh wait I have that stupid captains hat in my mail box. Ok just delete it. Oh starter edition accounts can't use the mail. It really shouldn't but it's annoying the OCD part of my mind to no end that I have this crap char that I can't delete. Why do they keep sending that fucking hat to every new char you make?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravlon View Post
    Argent Dawn (EU) is burning as well. It's fun to see Goldshire in this state, though I bet lowbies running around aren't exactly content.
    Can confirm. Someone released my mixtape too early without my permission.

Must say it's annoying trying to level a lowbie alt atm but meh it'll pass.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was there some 7.1.5 change that made this possible to do? Haven't heard of this particular debuff spreading in cities before.

Gm on my server starts to suspend ppl for 24 hours

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    I'll bet somebody exploited a bug or "creative use of mechanics". The Banhammer falls.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Was there some 7.1.5 change that made this possible to do? Haven't heard of this particular debuff spreading in cities before.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident is a fun case

Something in 7.1.5 must've enabled it, as it is cleared when I take any sort of Hearthstone or Teleport

Interesting way to deal with the bug.

Deleted
    Im sure the QQ is flying from these griefers

This has happened on Tichondrius US in the Alliance Shrine in Panda Land. Was very funny to see low levels port in and die instantly.

A short moment of fun that's probably hotfixed in few moments and sure there's some spoil sport about to remind that yes, world is static.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Had it on Silvermoon EU as well. But I think it's starting to die down. It only remains active on locations where a lot of people are clumped up. Trade district AH in SW and one mailbox were the only hotspots when I logged off. People leaving the AH with the debuff have it removed a few seconds later. Had some fun rescuing a few low levels on my Druid. Dropped one off in the Wetlands and a few others on the boat to Darnassus. It was almost impossible to keep characters under level 30 alive with HoTs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    A short moment of fun that's probably hotfixed in few moments and sure there's some spoil sport about to remind that yes, world is static.
    What most people don't realize when doing this, they actively influence the potential revenue from new players. So ofc I can understand them suspending people over this.

If a new player is creating a starter edition to check out the game and this is the very first thing they notice, why would they want to ever buy the game? First impressions do count and if the first impression is that of high level players being dicks to new players, then ofc they will never buy the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Interesting way to deal with the bug.

GM got no chill
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

At last, the end is nigh!

Tbf, they should aim to have MORE unpredictable events in the game, not fewer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Maybe it's a new micro holiday! /s