Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    3. Aah, the myth of PC. Is it PC to not grab women by the pussy?
    PC is shaming people into believing that even saying "grab women by the pussy" should not be allowed, nevermind actually doing it - even if that produces no negatives for both sides involved, and works more often then not if you're in position of sufficient power.

That is, ignoring reality to signal your submission to latest "progressive" trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    You post basically translates to: as a white person its now your turn to shut up and sit back because whites did that to others before. I say NO. I say fuck you, and I say make me. I have every right to enjoy the same life here as any minority and not have that impeded because I happen to be born white. You sound like the racist one. I dont see skin color. I mean... I see it. Not my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Censoring extremism is censorship. And im anti censorship. Simple as that. Because repressed opinions are always more dangerous. In the light they can have eyes on them and be watched. Forced ino the darkness they feel validated, and have an easier time recruiting others to their dangerous opinions. In the dark their opinions run uncontested and bystanders arnt reminded of the foolly of these opinions.
    The problem is that stupidity, idiocy and wilful ignorance should be demonized. The biggest problem with modern society is that bad ideas should not get institutional, tacit acceptance or equal time as hard science or good ideas that have been vindicated through proven improvement of peoples' lives.

What is a bad idea? Racism and sexism. There's bluntly obvious evidence they harm people.

What's a bad idea? The war on drugs. There's evidence that throwing young minority kids into the meat-grinder of gang controlled prisons on mandatory possession charges doesn't rehabilitate them in the slightest. Best case it just fucks their life up, worst case it chisels them into the next generation of the same thing they go in afraid of.

What's a bad idea? Corporate tax cuts. Trickle-down economics is proven bullshit and the middle class has been hurting for twenty years.

What's a bad idea? Banning abortion. Yep, let's ban scraping a cluster of cells out of a woman because all life is sacred. It doesn't matter if she's single, young, been raped, has life goals like a career or academia, all life is sacred. Right up until it pops out of her into a world of unaffordable healthcare and a broken welfare state. Then, screw that kid. Amiright? Typical conservative mentality.

Stupid ideas need to be called stupid. Stupid people need to called stupid. If their pea-brains are so wilfully ignorant and closed off to basic common sense and empathic human decency, at some point you do need to write those people off as having valid opinions.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    I think we're being a little unfair here. By saying he has an inability to express himself, we're assuming hes capable of having a coherent thought in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh yes like all the press conferences of past presidents, all pre-scripted its a wonder why they even bother with them anymore!
    Yes, like the ones our current PotUS goes to and stammers. Uh um uh um uh uh uh...

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    PC is shaming people into believing that even saying "grab women by the pussy" should not be allowed, nevermind actually doing it - even if that produces no negatives for both sides involved, and works more often then not if you're in position of sufficient power.

That is, ignoring reality to signal your submission to latest "progressive" trend.
    So, not wanting the person who will be your head of state to make jokes about sexually assaulting women is PC?

Seriously, is the bar even above the floor anymore? Because it's so low at this point that Andrew Dice Clay probably has a pretty good shot in the next election.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Braindead president voted by braindead people from the flyover states. It's the perfect combination.
    I see Liberals lack a desire to win another election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    The problem is that stupidity, idiocy and wilful ignorance should be demonized. The biggest problem with modern society is that bad ideas should not get institutional, tacit acceptance or equal time as hard science or good ideas that have been vindicated through proven improvement of peoples' lives.

What is a bad idea? Racism and sexism. There's bluntly obvious evidence they harm people.

What's a bad idea? The war on drugs. There's evidence that throwing young minority kids into the meat-grinder of gang controlled prisons on mandatory possession charges doesn't rehabilitate them in the slightest. Best case it just fucks their life up, worst case it chisels them into the next generation of the same thing they go in afraid of.

What's a bad idea? Corporate tax cuts. Trickle-down economics is proven bullshit and the middle class has been hurting for twenty years.

What's a bad idea? Banning abortion. Yep, let's ban scraping a cluster of cells out of a woman because all life is sacred. It doesn't matter if she's single, young, been raped, has life goals like a career or academia, all life is sacred. Right up until it pops out of her into a world of unaffordable healthcare and a broken welfare state. Then, screw that kid. Amiright? Typical conservative mentality.

Stupid ideas need to be called stupid. Stupid people need to called stupid. If their pea-brains are so wilfully ignorant and closed off to basic common sense and empathic human decency, at some point you do need to write those people off as having valid opinions.
    How about we ban ME paying for that abortion over and over and over? As long as the government does not pay for it with my money I don't care what other people do with their own bodies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    good ideas
    How exactly do we deliberate what is and is not a bad idea?

It seems you've decided all boiler plate liberal issues are "good ideas," and should be discussed and anything else must then be a bad idea?

I suppose its like sitting at the south pole, everything is north for you.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I see Liberals lack a desire to win another election.
    It may require too much work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I suspect there is a deep inability for humility among a lot of lefties, just this PAINFUL lack of humility.

"I don't get how this person was able to win the election".

Because, The people voted, the EC listened, and gave him the votes.

Not so sure why you're bragging now? People cried about obama, but then decided to shut up. People cried about bill, and they decided to shut up. Why not now?

Welcome to every presidency ever. If you don't like it, then cry. And If you do like it, then don't brag.

What's Not to understand about "Election rules" anymore.

Respecting women is now a progressive trend

I give up. You Trumpeteers are hopeless.
    What exactly is a "Trumpeteer"? Is it someone that does not agree with the liberal agenda?
    Why must liberals always label people that have different opinions than theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So, not wanting the person who will be your head of state to make jokes about sexually assaulting women is PC?
    Shaming people into "progressive" ideals is PC.

And, "joke"? He just shared what worked for him. And there are many people saying that he isn't actually wrong... it is just not "politically correct" to actually say it "as it is".

Seriously, is the bar even above the floor anymore? Because it's so low at this point that Andrew Dice Clay probably has a pretty good shot in the next election.
    #Kanye2024!

Who knows, it might be so easy they don't have to do much anyway.

Respecting women is now a progressive trend
    Asking respect to everyone, even those who do not actually deserve nor ask for it, is "progressive trend".

Drawing boundaries as you want them to be rather then where they actually stand.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-01-12 at 11:59 PM.

Shaming people into "progressive" ideals is PC.
    Do you consider being against sexual assault "PC"?

And "shaming"? You mean people using their First Amendment right to express their outrage and disgust with what someone else has said?

And, "joke"? He just shared what worked for him. And there are many people saying that he isn't actually wrong... it is just not "politically correct" to actually say it "as it is".
    Literally what?

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    "I don't get how this person was able to win the election".

Because, The people voted, the EC listened, and gave him the votes.

Not so sure why you're bragging now? People cried about obama, but then decided to shut up. People cried about bill, and they decided to shut up. Why not now?

Welcome to every presidency ever. If you don't like it, then cry. And If you do like it, then don't brag.

What's Not to understand about "Election rules" anymore.
    And won in a landslide I might add. 306 vs 232. A 31%+ margin.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

It has to be in the area of Wernicke, the way he talks excludes Broca.
    Anomic aphasia is a good contender as well!
    With his age it could be caused by a stroke, which would be ironic after those attacks on Clinton.
    Would it be wrong to hope that he strokes out soon after inauguration? Pence, while crazy, is still Presidentially crazy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not a landslide. It's the 11th closest margin of victory ever. And let's not forget he was second in the popular vote.

That's not a landslide.

He lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million, and his EC victory was the 48th largest out of 56 total: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ular-vote.html

So you're buying into Trump's lies with this one, sorry : /

While his spoken prose is certainly meandering, it really says a lot more about people that are unable to understand him than it does about him. Most of what he says really isn't that hard to parse, which makes me uncertain whether the people that aren't understanding are pretending to (it seems to be high status to claim that you can't understand him) or whether they're just genuinely too dim to understand someone that doesn't speak in their preferred dialect.