Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Because it will push us closer to war. Through war we will reform. Long term good
    From 1984: "War equals peace."

DoublePlusGood!

Hews not lieing. I know many girls who were confused over the outrage and said they like aggressive men and that most men in the US act this way. They saw it as normal. You dont speak for everyone.
    Damn, who knew that women love to be sexually assaulted so much?

And sorry if I'm some ultra-beta cuck for treating women like human beings? I guess that's now a liberal "PC" thing, or something.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    While his spoken prose is certainly meandering, it really says a lot more about people that are unable to understand him than it does about him. Most of what he says really isn't that hard to parse, which makes me uncertain whether the people that aren't understanding are pretending to (it seems to be high status to claim that you can't understand him) or whether they're just genuinely too dim to understand someone that doesn't speak in their preferred dialect.
    You clearly haven't read any transcripts of any statements he's ever made. If you had, you would never have just said the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you consider being against sexual assault "PC"?
    "Sexual assault" is something you report to police or HR when those advances are actually unwanted or harmful; not applicable to context of Trump tape.

And "shaming"? You mean people using their First Amendment right to express their outrage and disgust with what someone else has said?
    Yeah, that's "PC culture".

Literally what?
    Yeah, not believing there is entire world with different boundaries out there is also part of "PC culture".

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You clearly haven't read any transcripts of any statements he's ever made. If you had, you would never have just said the above.
    I've read them; reading them requires understanding the context of speaking rather than reading them as though they're written pieces intended to be consumed in that fashion. The Vox piece linked in the OP (I read it earlier today) clarifies this a bit.

So, I guess my question above stands - are people feigning an inability to understand because that's the high status thing to do or are they genuinely unable to parse a different spoken dialect than their own?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So what, you're proud that you voted for someone who is going to make like much harder for a lot of people that are already struggling? How is that a good thing again?
    How is he going to make it "harder"?
    I know for a fact that the current administration has made it "harder" for all but a few. And it had nearly a decade.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, who knew that women love to be sexually assaulted so much?

And sorry if I'm some ultra-beta cuck for treating women like human beings? I guess that's now a liberal "PC" thing, or something.
    And yet Clinton did not have the female vote on lock...... So maybe people shouldn't speak for what women want or what is considered "respect."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

And sorry if I'm some ultra-beta cuck for treating women like human beings?
    The histrionics really don't help much of anything.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "Sexual assault" is something you report to police or HR when those advances are actually unwanted or harmful; not applicable to context of Trump tape.

Yeah, that's "PC culture".

Yeah, not believing there is entire world with different boundaries out there is also part of "PC culture".
    This isn't "PC culture". This is logic and reasoning. Trump lies with almost every breath he takes. He's a horrible person - put up against any other President in our history. I don't understand people who can't see the writing on the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

I've read them; reading them requires understanding the context of speaking rather than reading them as though they're written pieces intended to be consumed in that fashion. The Vox piece linked in the OP (I read it earlier today) clarifies this a bit.

So, I guess my question above stands - are people feigning an inability to understand because that's the high status thing to do or are they genuinely unable to parse a different spoken dialect than their own?
    No, they aren't feigning anything. His press conference statements and general answers are basically word salad gibberish - as demonstrated by what you read. They are utter nonsense. His long statements from the debates are horrible versions of basic English.

Just reread the Vox piece - it's a rambling mess without a coherent answer. Live or read, it's an embarrassment.
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-01-13 at 12:10 AM.

No, they aren't feigning anything. His press conference statements and general answers are basically word salad gibberish - as demonstrated by what you read. They are utter nonsense. His long statements from the debates are horrible versions of basic English.
    I still genuinely can't tell if this is feigned or genuine. Tough shit for me, I guess. I suppose operate on the basis that people are genuinely unable to parse what he's saying and assume that this is part of what induces so much Trump Derangement Syndrome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    3. Aah, the myth of PC. Is it PC to not grab women by the pussy?
    YES! You yuppy PCs trying to force us not to grab random women's pussies have gone too far.

And apparently, according to Theo, walking up to a woman and grabbing her pussy is just a normal part of sex. Who knew?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Braindead president voted by braindead people from the flyover states. It's the perfect combination.
    But Trump Won, not Hillary.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still genuinely can't tell if this is feigned or genuine. Tough shit for me, I guess. I suppose operate on the basis that people are genuinely unable to parse what he's saying and assume that this is part of what induces so much Trump Derangement Syndrome.
    His statement is genuine, and so is it's utter incoherence. Of course you can read over it afterwards, and dig through the rambling crap to see that yes, there might have been answer there, somewhere. But nothing coherent, and certainly nothing Presidential.

And the Vox statement in the OP is one of his more rational answers. Trump rambles on and off topic more than my 3 year old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    But Trump Won, not Hillary.
    You can call Hillary a lot of things, and you have, but brain dead is not one of them. Even her most fervent enemies realize her intense intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill reiterate encase any liberals are still confused.
    You oppress the opinion of the masses
    you talk down to them and act as if they are sub human because they belive different things
    you bully the masses into forced compliance with things like PC culture which represses descenting view points
    and you get the masses rising up and getting louder.
    Human history has shown this to be the case time and time again.
    No need to guess who you voted for. I love the fact that you preach 'you talk down to them and act as if they are sub human because they belive different things' but you started out your response with 'Ill reiterate encase any liberals are still confused.' Now if that isn't talking down to people because they believe different things to you, I don't know what is. You basically imply that 'liberals' are dumb and cant comprehend what was said so they need it rephrased in a poorly spelt manner. Reading through your posts here all I see is that you are a condescending hypocrite.

Bingo you nailed it. The fact that thats what your brain says to you when you think about these people is the entire problem. You cant put your bias aside and imagine for a moment that perfectly normal non racist people are very mad about the state of PC. In your eyes you see us as racists and thats why we are fighting back. I dont like being told to be quiet because im white. We are FIGHTING racism. PC is pro racism.
    This was a response to someone asking you for an example of what opinions you felt were repressed by PC and your response was basically 'OMG you asked me to clarify myself! You are racist!' You also state that you are white quite lot as if you are scared we will all think you are black. Also, nobody has ever said to me 'Shhhhhhhhhhh, you're white! Nobody wants to hear your opinion!'

I really want to understand your opinion, so please enlighten me. What exactly do you dislike about PC? If you aren't racist or homophobic I honestly cant see anything that you should feel is being repressed. I agree that PC can go crazy at times, but general rules like 'don't call gay people queer' is just common courtesy, that should not infringe on any of your rights as a 'perfectly normal non racist non homophobic' person.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    this is the exact correct answer to like 90% of threads on this site now. Just link everyone to this post when they pretend to not understand whats been happening. You dont have to agree with something to understand why it happening.

Ill reiterate encase any liberals are still confused.
    You oppress the opinion of the masses
    you talk down to them and act as if they are sub human because they belive different things
    you bully the masses into forced compliance with things like PC culture which represses descenting view points
    and you get the masses rising up and getting louder.
    Human history has shown this to be the case time and time again.
    It's not the liberals who are confused, it's the Trumpers. He sold you a bill of goods you will be paying for with decades of low paid labor. We're already seeing evidence that his entire campaign was a lie - nothing he said was true.

This isn't "PC culture". This is logic and reasoning.
    By logic and reasoning many women look for high-status males and tolerate a lot for a chance to access them (through marriage or otherwise). And they feel happy when they can get one. Evolution selection pressure was always in that direction, just criteria for "high-status" changes.

And you're trying to shame them into "it's horrible! you should feel horrible that you're allowing them to do this!", despite noone really feeling horrible outside of societal pressures.

Trump lies with almost every breath he takes. He's a horrible person - put up against any other President in our history. I don't understand people who can't see the writing on the wall.
    Well, he happened to be more liked then Clinton, and that is all that mattered in this election.

And his cabinet choices are refreshingly pro-fact and a lot less feel-good types.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-01-13 at 12:26 AM.

Let's be clear: Trump is expressing himself. He's expressing his inner most thoughts very well. It's not that he can't express himself; it's that he is really that crazy. He can't go 30 seconds without beating his chest or talking about how great the people working for him are. And people like him for this. They like that he doesn't talk like the other candidates. There are a lot of things going on here, the least of which is anti-intellectualism.

I read that it's been 150 years since a democrat succeeded another 2-term democrat, so that's why he was elected. At least that's why a republican was elected. Unfortunately, the republicans have had a clowncar of terrible candidates the last two cycles. Romney was really the only decent candidate we've seen from the party and he had an uphill battle against an incumbent president.

Why anyone voted for Trump over any of the other random candidates like Cruz or Carson or whoever is probably attributable to name recognition. Whether we want to admit it or not, people know the Trump name and for whatever reason it means something to them. It stands for power or fame or something and people like that. I'm convinced that's why Clinton got the nomination over Sanders. She had name recognition.

Anyway, check out press conferences from other presidents. Trump's are a complete farce. He's got people in the audience laughing at his jokes. He brought out a lawyer to read from a script and take no questions. He had a stack of papers that are probably meaningless as a show and tell. What the fuck is going on? If there was a democrat-controlled congress, he would get impeached.

But then again, I'm not sure Pence is any better.

I'm more concerned about his inability to keep his mouth shut.

Bush (jr) wasn't a great orator, nor a smart man - but he had the wisdom not to broadcast that fact to the world.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

After a bit of googling around, here's the speech:

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_v..._carolina.html

And here's the attempted diagram? I think?

http://www.chronicle.com/blogs/lingu...mming-trump-2/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If he makes as many liberals mad as possible he did exactly what I voted him in to do. No idea why you think I waned him to do anything else or care about his qualifications. I dont care about this world anymore. We are to far gone.
    You might be one of the few true victors then.