Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Oh that's a silly Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't smoke tobacco. I dislike everything about it starting with the smell. Making it illegal? NO, stop trying to nanny adults. Making it illegal only enriches the criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will just get them on black market. They should increase the tax on it, so ppl who alrealy smoke, would smoke less.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Its only preventing people who haven't even started yet from smoking, although the article DOES elude to outright banning it (which I dont agree with it) by 2033, making it illegal for people that haven't taken it up yet is fine, stopping people that already are addicted (a'la prohibition style) is just asking for trouble, but doing this to ease the population into not smoking at all I think is probably the best way they can do it.

Although, they do lose a lot possibly in taxes they could make off smoking. Most people go into vaping anyways now, so it won't get much different, I actually expect the vaping/e-cig industry to boom with people that can't legally smoke anymore, but still want the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I dont need a goverment to tell me what i can or cant do, aslong as i dont harm other ppl with it.

Ppl think the witch hunt against cigarettes is a good thing, next it will be alcohol then we cant eat meat anymore and after that we cant drive cars anymore or do sports because it can harm you.
    And before you know it we are living in a community like the middle east.

So yeah i dont beleave in banning things just because alot of ppl dont like the habbits of others.
    Secondhand smoke is a thing, and it harms other people. The trick people play is to say that they should be able to do something if it doesn't harm others, and then they expend considerable effort denying that what they're doing is actually harmful. This is why so many people deny the effects of secondhand smoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Prohibition ended well.

Its not like there is a shortage of criminals in Russia. ££££$$$$
    At least they won't force it on anyone else

Can't stand how fucking inconsiderate and selfish one has to be to deliberately poison the air of others with cancer smoke for no other reason than their "pleasure" (addiction)

If i was dumb enough to be a smoker i would also not have the gall to step in an hospital to treat my entirely self inflicted condition

Deleted
    WTF, I've never seen a 3 year old who smokes, so this is completely pointless. The threshold should be changed to 1999, in order to ban all non-adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    WTF, I've never seen a 3 year old who smokes, so this is completely pointless. The threshold should be changed to 1999, in order to ban all non-adults.
    There are though. Especially in developping countries since there is harsh taxation/regulation in the west now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I dont need a goverment to tell me what i can or cant do, aslong as i dont harm other ppl with it.
    Except you do. That's the problem. Maybe you are respectful but many smokers are not, dumping their butts wherever they feel like it, stading very close to entrances and exits of buildings while smoking, making no effort to cover up their stink when in the office, taking additional smoke breaks forcing other employees to make up for them on the floor, etc...

Smoking has a negative impact on you and you push some of those externalizes on others.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.